Or Seat mate....

[Kyuhyuk Contest] Soul Mate


 

‘Remember, Kyuhyun. Don’t fight with your new friend, understand?’ Little Kyuhyun’s mother said, warning her little rascal who was starting his first day in kindergarten today.

 

‘Yes, Mommy.’ Little Kyuhyun said, completely ignoring what his mother was warning him, too busy playing with the new jet plane toy his mother had brought for him on their way come to the kindergarten. Little Kyuhyun had thrown tantrum and refused to get inside the car after they both finished breakfast at his Mommy’s café. His mommy had to buy him the jet plane to persuade him. Little Kyuhyun makes loud sound while playing with his jet plane.

 

‘Shh… Kyuhyun, slow down.’ His mommy said and bowing apologetic to other parent inside the class too. ‘Let’s wait for your seatmate here, okay?’ His mommy said sweetly though the little boy was still playing with his jet plane toy. ‘I wonder who will be your seat mate? I just hope he or she could tolerate with the naughty you.’ His mommy said and little Kyuhyun pursued his lips in annoyance.   

 

‘Shhoooww… Mayday… Mayday… Captain, we are going to crush. Mayday… Mayday…’ Little Kyuhyun said while playing, not caring even when his mommy was scolding him. The other parents gave little Kyuhyun’s mother uncomfortable stare. Poor that woman, running around the class to make little Kyuhyun sat quietly on his seat. ‘Mayday… mayday…’ Little Kyuhyun was still playing and saying all aloud even when his mommy able to make him sat on his place again.

 

Someone sat on the seat next to little Kyuhyun’s seat that makes both mother and son looked at little Kyuhyun’s new seatmate. One shy pale boy bowing respectively to little Kyuhyun’s mother and waved his hand cutely at little Kyuhyun after that. Little Kyuhyun could feel his blood rushes to his face, and he quickly hid behind his mommy’s skirt.

 

‘Umma… my seat mate didn’t like me.’ The shy pale boy said, almost crying.

 

Little Kyuhyun quickly comes out from behind his mommy’s skirt and yelled, ‘No.’ He hide once again when the boy looked at him.

 

‘Aigo, Kyuhyun, what’s wrong? Why are you hiding behind my skirt and not greets your new seat mate?’ Little Kyuhyun’s mommy said and tried to pull out her son from behind.

 

‘Don’t Mommy. I’m shy.’ Little Kyuhyun said, burying his face to his mommy’s skirt more. Little Kyuhyun’s mommy couldn’t believe her ears and had to asked her son once again.

 

‘What did you say?’ Little Kyuhyun’s mommy asked. ‘You said you’re shy?’ She asked and little Kyuhyun nodded. ‘Why you have to shy? He’s nice.’ His mommy said and smiled at the shy pale boy. The little boy smiled back, already liking little Kyuhyun’s mommy.

 

‘Aigoo… what are you shying at to my boy, little one?’ the pale shy boy’s mother asked. The three of them are now cornering little Kyuhyun who was by now slightly exited from his hiding.

 

‘My soul mate is beautiful, Mommy.’ Little Kyuhyun was intended to whispered, but he was actually too excited and said it out aloud.

 

‘I’m your seat mate, not your soul mate.’ The pale shy boy said. ‘And I’m not beautiful. I’m boy. I’m handsome.’ The boy added and crossed his arms to his chest, annoyed because he was being called ‘beautiful’ by his seat mate.

 

‘No, you’re my soul mate. Noona said the person sit next to me is my soul mate. She told me that before I go to school.’ Little Kyuhyun said bickering with the shy pale boy. ‘And you’re beautiful.’ He added making the other annoyed.

 

‘Umma… I don’t like him.’ The shy pale boy said complaint to his mother. ‘He called me beautiful.’ He whined.

 

‘Mommy… he’s so cute.’ Little Kyuhyun cooing, clasped his mommy’s skirt tightly.

 

'Hyukjae... is not nice said something like that to the person who had just compliment you.' The shy pale boy who was named as Hyukjae mother said.

 

'Your name is Hyukjae?' Little Kyuhyun said excitedly. 'Hello, Hyukjae. My name is Kyuhyun and we will be soul mate for the rest of the year. Please take care of me.' Little Kyuhyun said excitedly making the other groaned at him.

 

'Its a seat mate, not soul mate.' Little Hyukjae said. The two mothers already leave the boys alone, walking together to the room where the parents could wait to see their children's teacher.

 

'Hyukjae, do you want to play with me?' Little Kyuhyun asked, offering his jet plane. Little Hyukjae just ignored the boy and continued reading his story book, still sulking for being called beautiful. 

 

'What are you thinking about?' A soft voice with tiny arms engulfing him, making him startled away from his deep thought.

 

'You're not sleeping yet?' He asked and pulled his wife to sit on his laps.

 

The other pouted cutely and shook his head. It was a cute sight that makes Kyuhyun pecked his wife's lips. 'I just finished arranging Harry's stuff for tomorrow. Somehow, I'm more nervous than him.' His wife said and Kyuhyun chuckled lightly.

 

'Harry will be fine, Hyuk.' He said caressing softly his wife, Hyukjae's right cheek. Hyukjae makes himself comfortable on Kyuhyun's laps. Nothing else comforted him more than being closed to his husband, like this.

 

'I can't believe he will start his first day at kindergarten tomorrow.' Hyukjae said, already leaning his back on Kyuhyun's chest, playing with his husband's long fingers. 'It feel like he was just born yesterday.' He said and Kyuhyun brought his hand to his lips, kissing it.

 

'I can't believe it either.' Kyuhyun said, letting Hyukjae continued playing with his long fingers. 'I always thought he as my baby, couldn't believe that kid have grown up and already in kindergarten.' Kyuhyun said and chuckled. The thought of his cute son still crawling in front of him played on his mind. He could still remembered clearly the first day Harry started learning to crawl and tried hard to reach him. Both parents were in joy when Harry finally reached them, even with difficult. 'He is already six.' Kyuhyun whispered lowly, but still Hyukjae could captured it.

 

'Yes, our sweetheart already six. And tomorrow will be his first day at his kindergarten. Are you going to be there?' Hyukjae asked, smiling softly.

 

'Of course I would be there. I want to witness with my eyes how my son is going to struggling with new environment.' Kyuhyun said, chuckling. 'He must be shocked to meet so many kids around his height and age.' Kyuhyun already imagined the panic attack his son will have to face. Harry was a handsome young man, the one people said was a photocopy of Kyuhyun, but he inherited Hyukjae's personality, always go shy\in the crowds. 'He reminds me of you.' Kyuhyun said, opening what had being playing through his mind as before. 'Do you still remember the first time we met?'

 

Hyukjae nodded and laughed. 'Of course I am. How am I going to forget the first mistake you made in your life?' Hyukjae said, teasingly. 'I still remembered you stubbornly keep saying that I'm your soul mate, but the correct words was a seat mate.'

 

'Noona is the one who told me that.' Kyuhyun said embarressed, nuzzling his nose on the crook of Hyukjae's neck, planting soft kisses on it. 'But I think she was right about it. You eventually become my soul mate now.' Kyuhyun said, smiling and planted a soft kiss on Hyukjae's lips.  

 

Hyukjae nodded his head, agreed with Kyuhyun. 'I had to become your seat mate during our primary school, secondary school, during college and even when you started our company. Thanks for always being your seat mate, I got the chance to be your soul mate.'

 

'You hate me so much the first week we become seat mate.' Kyuhyun said, a scene where Hyukjae was avoiding him for one week played back into his mind.

 

'Hyukkie~~' Little Kyuhyun sang, running cutely to his seat mate which he had spotted entering the school. He had been early because he wanted to walk together with little Hyukjae, his claimed soul mate to their class. He had waited ever since because Little Hyukjae lived far away from their kindergarten. While waiting for his family transferring process done, little Hyukjae's mother will be the one who sent him to school. And like a routine, little Kyuhyun would wait at the security booth for him. 

 

Little Hyukjae frowned once he heard the melodic voice called him by his pet name. He had hated him ever since the first day he is in the kindergarten, and today is the third day he had to endure with him. 'Leave me alone.' Little Hyukjae whined and little Kyuhyun couldn't help but to squealling at the cute voice his soul mate slash seat mate made.

 

'Why are you soooo cute, Hyukkie?' Little Kyuhyun said, cooing, makes the other kids around them laughs at them. Little Hyukjae's face turned red because of the laugh, and he ran as fast as he can to their class, leaving little Kyuhyun who keep calling him and tried to match against his steps. 'Hyukkie... why are you running away?' Little Kyuhyun asked as soon as he entered the class.

 

He turned into panic mode when he saw his soul mate slash seat mate groaning in pain while cluctching on his stomach tightly. 'Hyukkie... are you okay? Did you get stomach ache?' Little Kyuhyun asked worriedly and tried hard to lifted little Hyukjae's face. 'Your tummy is upset, eh Hyukkie?' He asked and little Hyukjae nodded his head, looking at little Kyuhyun pitied. Little Kyuhyun's small hand rubbed little Hyukjae's tummy slowly. 'Don't worry. It will go away when I do this. Mummy and noona always do this to me when I got stomach ache.' He said and continued rubbing little Hyukjae's stomach.

 

After a while of little Kyuhyun rubbing his stomach, little Hyukjae finally speak. 'I think I am hungry.' He told little Kyuhyun and leaned in to his seat. 'I was late this morning and I have running away from you. That must makes my tummy hurt.'

 

'We still have few minutes before Ms. Song comes in.' Little Kyuhyun said, looking at the clock on the wall in front of the class. 'You wait here and keep rubbing your tummy, okay, Hyukkie? I will be back.' He said and running out from the class. After three minutes, he came back to the class with chocolate bread and strawberry milkshake. 'Canteen run out of strawberry bread, this bread is the only one left.' Little Kyuhyun said and opened the bread for his soul mate slash seat mate. 'Eat it.' He gave the bread to little Hyukjae and opened the milkshake afterwards.

 

Little Hyukjae ate the bread greedily, because he was hungry. The then sipped the milkshake in one go, because he really loved it. 'How did you know I like strawberry milkshake?' He asked after he finished eating.

 

'I saw you always drink this.' Little Kyuhyun said. 'Is your tummy okay, now?' He asked and continued rubbing little Hyukjae's stomach.

 

'Its okay now. You can stop rubbing it.' Little Hyukjae said shyly.

 

Little Kyuhyun smiled and shook his head. 'I will stop after Ms. Song comes in later.' He said and continued rubbing. 'Don't worry, Hyukkie. I will stay by your side and protect you.' Little Kyuhyun said and humming while rubbing little Hyukjae's stomach.

 

'Thank you, Kyuhyun.' Little Hyukjae said, closing his eyes because he was too comfortable being treated like that by little Kyuhyun. 'Maybe you're not that bad after all.' He whispered lowly, watching the clueless little Kyuhyun from his thought rubbing his stomach.

 

'Remember Harry. Don't fight with your new friend, understand?' Hyukjae said warned his son. His son nodded obediently and sat quietly on his seat. 

 

'That exactly what your grandma had told me the first day I'm in kindergarten, kiddo.' Kyuhyun said, recalling back his memory. 

 

'Did you fought with your new friend, daddy?' Harry asked. 'Because grandma said you're stubborn when you're kid.' 

 

Kyuhyun laughed and ruffled with his son's hair. 'I won't fight with your mummy, kiddo. Never.' He answered and looked at Hyukjae, who was nodding and smiling at them right now.

 

'Your daddy is my hero back then, you know?' Hyukjae said, and arranging his son pencil case. 'He protected me a lot back then.'

 

'And I am still and will forever do.' Kyuhyun added.

 

'Is that mean daddy was your seat mate, Mummy?' Harry asked, interested with his parents' love story. Harry loved listening to his parents love stories, feeling as they were the loveliest couple Harry had ever met.

 

'He is.' Hyukjae answered.

 

'And also his soul mate.' Kyuhyun added and intertwined their hand together, brought it to his lips and kissed it.

 

'Urm... hello...' A sound of a chair being pulled out taking Harry's attention away from his parent.

 

'Hello.' Harry said timidly.

 

'Urm... I am going to seat here. Is that okay with you?' The other boy asked and was ready to put his bag at the side of the table. Harry nodded shyly and smiled at him. 'My name is Alex. How about you?'

 

'Harry. Cho Harry.' Harry said and let out his hand for a shake. The boy named Alex grinned widely and took Harry's hand for shake. The both kids continued talking with each other, tried to get know each other better.

 

Kyuhyun and Hyukjae smiled, thinking it was the best to leave the kids alone. They both walked away from the class hand to hand.

 

'Do you think the stall that used to sell fried chicken is still open?' Kyuhyun asked, wondering.

 

'Ah, you mean the one we always ate while waiting for my mother?' Hyukjae asked, smiling.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. 'Do you want to find out?' Kyuhyun asked, mischivieos glinted on his eyes.

 

'Lead the way.' Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun pulled Hyukjae running with him. Both like teenagers who just fall in love.

 



        

Finally!! Its ended. I do hope you enjoy reading this.. And I hope this story at least able to make you smile and brigthen up your day (or night), even a little~

Enjoy everyone!!