The Usual, Please.

cappuccino cupid

Dongho had a spring in his step, bouncing mindlessly along the sidewalk innthe cool spring breeze. Free of studies, all alone. That was the wsy he liked it sometimes, nice and quiet. He was headed to his usual coffee shop, the one hed been going to for about a year now, the one just a few blocks from his little one bedroom apartment.  He stopped oitside the glass dpor and tugged on the handle, opening the door and stepping inside. The smell pf fhresh ground beans, syrups, and baked goods swirled around the air and tickled his nose. He expected to see the usual Barista behind the counter, just as every other morning, but he wasn't there. It was a fresh face, a boy close to his own age, slightly curly brown hair, a bright, dorky smile and a cheerful look in his eyes.  

 

Dongho took slow steps up to the counter, eyeing the mew employe carefully. Dongho came so often he didnt have to say his order anymore, but now he had to give detailed instructions to the new boy. His apron didn't even have a name tag on it.  Dongho scoffed lightly and stood at the counter. The other boy smiled and greeted him politely.

 

"Hello, Sir, What may I get you this morning?"he asked, readying the register for the order. 

 

Dongho thought this was rather amusung. "The usual, please." 

 

The other raised his eye brows and blinked in confusion. "I... im sorry?  Im new... and I-" 

 

Dongho cut him off, grinning.  "Cappuccino with a vanilla splash, extra cream and no sugar, large. And a banna chocolate chip muffin, plesse." He saod quickly,  seeing how well the new worker would do. 

 

Kyung rang up the order and nodded, saying the price, taking the money, and giving back the proper change before starting to make the coffee. He stumbled a bit, trying his best not to get burned. He set down the cup on the counter before retrieving a fresh muffin from the display.  

 

Dongho was quite impressed. The coffee wasnt terrible, the muffins still amazing. He thanked the worker and left a good tip on the counter before inhaling the scent of his cappuccino as he wandered over to a table in the back.  He stayed a while, taking his time to enjoy his breakfast.  When other customers came in the new worker was overwhelmed, no one else seemed to be in the shop. The noise agrivated dongho, so he left. 

 

Every morning he returned, greeting the worker and giving the same order. After four days dongho sighed. "You should recognize me and memorize this, I don't like repeating myself so much..." he added as he left a tip in the jar. Before kyung could resound ge was gone.  

 

Another week went by and Kyung finally had a name tag, he'd never once introduced himself, so this did it for him.  Dongho was always one of the first customers, he came early to avoid the people. He eyed the nametag and smiled. "Kyung, the usual please." 

 

Kyung gave a smile and nodded back,hed had the order memorized by now. His hands worked the machines easily, making the perfect drink quickly. He fetched the muffin and set it on a plate,offering a big smile. "Here you are, Sir" 

 

Dongho pulled out some money and handed it to Kyung. "Its Dongho" he said quietly, taking his things and sitting at a near table.  Now every say it was the same, but as he got more and more used to that Dorky smiling boy, he grew happier himself. Now he wasnt going just for coffee, he was going to see Kyung.  About two months had gone by since Kyung began working, now another Barista worked with him. Every time Dongho entered Kyung would push the other boy back so he could take and make the order personally.

 

"Good morning, Dongho. Ill get it ready." Was all he had to say, taking the money and dispensing change before starting to brew thw cappuccino.  Dongho thanked him, tipped him, and would sit  and watch the quirky boy work most of the morning. 

 

The next morning things followed their routine pattern, but this time Kyung left his post and headed over to Dongho at the table.  He was nervous,  fidgeting with his fingers as he walked over slowly. "Hey, Dongho.... um..... do you want to go out tonight?I-i mean.... um... I wanted to see a movie.... would you come with...?" He asked, practically trembling. 

 

Dongho looked in disbelief before smiling and giving a light nod, joy filling him up. "Yes... lets meet here then? What time is the movie?" He asked, gently placing his hand over Kyungs trembling one. 

 

"S- seven... meet me at seven....?"

 

"Of course, ill see you tonight."

 

Dongho ran home for once. He coudlnt contain his excitement at all. Hed dreamed of going out with Kyung for weeks now. Now it was really happening! He waited impatiently all day. Finally he showered and got dressed and ready, walking nervously to the coffee shop. Kyung was standing outside, dressed in black jeans and a blue shirt. He looked so good out of the apron and uniform. Dongho smiled shyly as he aproached the other. The two went inside the coffee shop together and talked, getting to know each other more before they went to the theater. 

 

"Hyung, if I get scared.. can I hold your hand?" Dongho asked softly as they settled in the top row of seats.

 

Kyung grinned, studying the youngers face in the faint lighting. "Of course" his voice was quiet but meaningful. 

Dongho held kyungs hand at some frightening parts, eventually Kyung wrapped his arms around the younger.  Both of them were scared, But Kyung remained strong for the younger. After the movie Kyung walked Dongho home, holding his hand, up at the door he pecked the youngers cheek. 

 

"Ill see you in the morning,  Cutie" Kyung whispered as dongho his his head shyly, saying goodnight.  

 

They did see each other in the morning, every morning. The same ruitine, the same order, same everything. Kyung would smile at dongho as he worked, and dongho would watch Kyung work until finished with his breakfast. Every friday night they began  going out to dinner and movies, even spending the weekends together. Real kisses became a regual thing too, now that they were a real couple.  Thw routine changed slightly as their relationship grew. 

 

Now every morning Dongho would come in, order his coffee, amd get a kiss o n the cheek. The twi smiled at each other and Kyung would come to the table once an a while to check on his boyfriend too. After leaving Dongho would text kyung when he was out for his activities that day. That routine lasted a few months. 

 

Kyungs pay was dropping as more employees were hired, he began to looonfor a better paying job. He found a new job, working in a music store, selling Cds and instruments.  Dongho still got coffee and a muffin, but now doubled the order and brought it to Kyung, sharing it with him

 

 

Six months theyd been together now,practially inseparable from each other. Dongho moved into Kyungs apartment. The couple did everything together, no mater what or where. Dongho loved the feeling of sleeping in Kyungs arms. Every morning kyung would get up first thing to make breakfast for his lover before he left for school and himself for work. Dongho would wake up and shuffle sleepily to the kitchen where kyung took him into his arms

 

"The usual, please" Dongho mumbled, smelling the fresh brewed coffee, kyung grinning and leaning down, giving dongho a loving kiss.