Daddy Daughter Dance

Daddy Daughter Dance - Doojoon

"Mommy"

It was always the first thing that you heard when your little six year old girl, Emmi, came home from school.

"In the kitchen" You called sweetly back to her. Emmi closed the door and skipped into the kitchen before taking a seat at the table.

"Mommy guess what!" Emmi lifted her backpack up onto the table with a big smile taking over her face.

"What?" You responded, dry in off your hands with a towel.

"There is a Daddy Daughter Dance at my school only for the first graders and I want to ask Daddy to go with me." She said brightly yet with a little hint of her shyness in her actions.

"Ah so what are you thinking?" You took a seat next to your daughter with a smile plastered on your face as well.

"Ummmmm." She started tapping her finger on her chin. "I don’t really know. That is why I was going to ask you to help me ask Daddy out." A giggle escaped your lips.

"Okay but remember he is only yours for that night Emmi." You said seriously causing her to giggle.

"Mommy I know. You already told me how much you love him. I wouldn’t steal him away from you." She giggles into her hand while you smile and shake your head at your own silliness.

"Okay then I will help you" You held your hand I out for hers.

She looked down and placed her hand in yours and you both shook on it. Both of you said in thought of what to do. Wondering how you are going to surprise him.

"I think I thought of a way Mommy." Emmi leaned over the table and placed her hand beside your ear and gently whispered her plan to you.

"You know what. That is perfect!" You agreed happily. "But we better hurry Daddy should be home any minute."

"You watch the door and I will do everything else!" She said confidently before running into her room with her backpack flowing behind her.

Watching her little backpack disappear behind the white door of your room. You just smiled and shook your head wondering how did she ever get so cute. Pull in out your phone, you carefully looked through your missed messages and caught up on the fan sites of your husband.

The door opened and closed quickly, Doojoon slipped off his shoes and walked inside. Seeing you on the couch, he smiled to himself before sitting next to you and pulling you in for a hug.

"Hey beautiful." He whispers against your ear, tightening his grip on you.

"Hey handsome." You smiled still scrolling through your phone.

"What are you doing?" He questions before kissing your cheek repeatedly.

"Just looking at what is happening with you, and seeing fans go crazy for you." You smiled, turning around and kissing his lips gently before turning off your phone.

"That is just like you." He smiles kissing you again before you hear someone clear their throat loudly.

"Emmi? Is that you?" Doojoon asks with a smile.

"Daddy, can you stand up by the fireplace please?" She called loudly from her room.

"Sure." One he was in his position, he looked over at you, while you got comfy to watch the show. "Ready"

Soon she walked out with a beautiful dress on and fake flowers in her hands. Looking at her dad, she stood in front of him holding out the flowers.

"I would like to ask you a question." She looks up at his tall figure, Doojoon smiles and kneels down on one knee for his little girl.

"Yes cutie?" He broke into his half smile resting one of his arms on his knee.

"Would you like to go to the Daddy Daughter Dance with me and be my date?" She asked nervously, shifting her weight between her feet.

Doojoon looked over at you and you gave him a smile and a nod, queuing him to accept her offer. Turning his attention to his little girl, he took her small hand in his and looked into her eyes.

"I would love to." Doojoon beamed, Emmi jumped into his arms and held him tightly while she hugged him back tighter.

"Thank you, thank you. Don’t be late, it is this Friday at eight sharp." She added while in the hug.

"I wouldn’t miss it for the world." He kissed her cheek softly. Both of them pulled away from the hug and she just beamed.

"I’m going to go to bed now, so Friday can come sooner!" Emmi called while skipping to you, giving you a goodnight hug and kiss before going back to her room and headed right to bed.

"That was too cute." Doojoon smiled, standing up and looking at her door decorated with her artwork.

"Are you sure you can go, Fridays are really busy for you." You whispered not wanting Emmi to hear.

"I should be able to make it, but I might be a little late. I will be there, I promised." He replied sitting next to you and holding you in his arms.

Friday came sooner than expected, Doojoon was out working and you were at home with Emmi getting ready for her first dance. With a beautiful black and gold princess looking dress, she couldn’t help but play with her bracelet while you curled her hair and put it up with a flower clip.

"Mommy, do you think that Daddy will make it?" She asked looking down while you hair sprayed her hair.

"He will, he promised." You tried to reassure her while in your heart you begged for him to be there.

"Do you think that he will like me like this?" Emmi and you left the bathroom as she went into your bedroom.

"Spin around for me slowly." You said moving your finger in a circle. Emmi carefully spun around while your eyes took in her appearance, black shoes, white stockings, a black and gold princess dress with a big bow in the back, her hair was in curls that bounced a little and a white flower on the top of her head.

"How do I look?" She asked turning to you while she played with her freshly painted nails.

"Pretty as a princess. Daddy will love it." You say with a smile. "Just let me change and then we can go."

Moving into the closet, you got on a classy casual outfit before heading out the door with your little girl. Driving to her school, you parked your car while the balloons carefully blew in the wind with little lights leading you into the gym for the dance.

The stage had the DJ playing some slow songs while the other girls were dancing with their dad’s and the boys were dancing with their mom’s.

A up beat song was playing as everyone danced together, Emmi slid her hand through yours and pulled on your arm a little. Kneeling down next to her she put her hand over your ear again.

"Is Daddy coming? I don’t see him here." She commented with a light sadness in her voice.

"He will come, we just came a little early." You lied knowing that he was late, but you had to make her feel better.

A few more songs passed while you talked to her to keep her mind off of Doojoon being late. No matter how much you talked, you could tell that she was getting disappointed as the time passed. A slow song started to play, the kids asked their parent to dance with them. The lights dropped down low with only the disco ball letting off soft light through the gym.

"Daddy isn’t coming." She turned to you, but in that moment you saw Doojoon part the crowd.

"He is, he is right here." You turned her away from her shoulder. Her eyes looked and saw him dressed in a beautiful black suit and black tie, once he saw his little girl, he smiled and waved at her.

"Daddy!" She cried running into his arms, he bent down, wrapping her in his arms for a quick hug before pulling away. "May I have this dance?"

"It would be my pleasure!" She smiled taking his extended hand, he picked her up in his arms. Her arms wrapped tightly around his neck.

"I thought that you weren’t coming." She confessed.

"I had to change, but I promised that I would be here." He whispered into her ear before kissing her cheek.

"Thank you for coming." She whispered back.

"Anything for you baby girl." He rocked with her slowly to the beat of the song, her head rested on his shoulder while a smile curled onto her lips. Your eyes met his while he smiled at you and mouthed a ‘thank you’. Making a heart with your hands you blew it over to him while he enjoyed the dance with his daughter.

Letting the music bring them together in a perfect Daddy- Daughter moment to last a lifetime.