final

How to Appease Your Jealous Boyfriend for Dummies

Amidst the squeals and cheers of the humongous audience, Chanyeol hears his heart crack, loud enough for him to wince internally as it takes up all his might to keep his lips from turning downwards, courtesy of both gravity and disappointment.

“No, no! That’s not true,” Baekhyun clarifies, his hands flailing and waving continuously, the frenzy he created now almost unstoppable. Baekhyun searches for the pair of gleaming eyes he so undeniably loves and when he does find them (it’s like second nature to him, so it’s no surprise), he notices how they’re looking towards his direction but never really at him.

Baekhyun is somehow relieved by the attention now shifting to Jongdae, giving him a chance to at least try and get Chanyeol’s attention to tell him through eye contact that they’ll talk later about it. Much to Baekhyun’s dismay, however, not once does Chanyeol look towards his direction again for the rest of the meet and greet; realising that Chanyeol only spared him a detached glance and some teasing which consisted of ‘ooh’s and ‘ey’s earlier on because he was obliged to, what with everyone doing so upon his supposed admittance to Jongdae being his ideal type.

As much as Baekhyun likes seeing Chanyeol adorably jealous at times, he can’t help but feel his resolve wither every single time because when it all comes down to the aftermath, Chanyeol is the type to bottle it all up with a tight-lipped smile, the corners of his lips itching to twitch downwards, and it leaves Baekhyun feeling a little helpless.

-

Chanyeol looks up from his laptop and glances at the little ball of cuteness he calls his boyfriend who’s sporting a pyjama set with kitten patterns, curled up by his side with his pretty, slender fingers picking off the lint from his own beagle-patterned pyjamas. (At least I’m a little manlier, Chanyeol snorts to himself.) 

“What are you doing?” The little ball speaks up, a hopeful tone to his voice as he finally sits up from his position and goes on to wrap one arm around Chanyeol’s waist to look at Chanyeol’s laptop screen.

Chanyeol responds by jerking the screen away from him without a word, the action accompanied by a mere huff. Baekhyun isn’t too surprised, he’s known Chanyeol long enough and well enough that he will never crack the first time.

Baekhyun chuckles to himself, his hope still not crumbling as he then goes on to lie down on the bed they’re both currently on, his body behind Chanyeol who is currently sat down on the edge of it with his laptop open in front of him. (Screw wifi, I can’t do this properly as long as there’s internet connection, damn it.)

Baekhyun places both of his legs on either side of Chanyeol’s shoulders and he’s about to commend himself for getting this far when the latter shoves his legs off of himself, causing Baekhyun to unintentionally do the splits, his pants somehow ripping along the way on the most awkward of areas. Usually by this time Chanyeol would be laughing with his jaw slacked open and one of his eyes bigger than the other, but tonight there is none of that. Baekhyun scrambles to his feet (with a wince to indicate that his crotch will hurt tomorrow) to gauge the embarrassment he’s just caused himself by inspecting the size of the rip on his pants and unfortunately…

(Let’s not talk about it.)

Baekhyun will not give up.

Baekhyun clears his throat and brushes away the imaginary dust accumulated on his shoulders, his hand reaching up to scratch at the back of his head as if to pretend none of that ever happened. “Yeol,” he whines and makes sure Chanyeol can hear the pout in his voice, “talk to meeeeeee.” (Of course he would - those ears are no joke.

Nothing.

“Yeol! Talk to me!” Baekhyun snaps, except it’s a lot whinier than usual.

Chanyeol continues to say nothing, and the only thing audible in the room is the heavy tapping of keys on the keyboard.

“Park Chanyeol, I swear to God if you don’t speak to me, I will call room service and tell them to cut off your wifi connection.” Baekhyun threatens lowly, and although he does mean the threat, he would never do it because wifi is something very important to him too.

When Chanyeol still gives no reaction, Baekhyun sobs dramatically, clambers onto the bed and then heaves himself upright (Why is it so high anyway?), kneeling behind Chanyeol as he begins to play with the giant’s ears as if it were a steering wheel.

“Chanyeol! Chanyeollie, Chanchan, Yodaaaaaaaaaa!”

-

“Did you know you had a booger up your nose today right before we went on stage? Good thing you scratched your nose and it flew away without you knowing. It just about missed Yixing hyung.”

(Sometimes Chanyeol feels like punching his boyfriend square in the face but then kiss it all better and baby him like there’s no tomorrow.)

-

“Did you know that you farted in your sleep during the plane ride the other day? Good thing it didn’t stink because we all know you’re the silent but deadly type.”

(Sometimes Chanyeol feels like pushing Baekhyun off the SM building but then catching him like Superman just so Baekhyun can literally be swept off his feet and fall in love with him all over again.)

-

“Did you know that I’m actually really insecure about the flab on my stomach? You say it’s cute but I really don’t like it.”

(Sometimes Chanyeol just wants to kiss all of Baekhyun’s insecurities away and tell him how perfect he is. He does, and he will until his last breath.)

-

“Did you know that I actually wanted to answer something generic when asked about ideal types today? What was I thinking? You’re not really my ideal type either,” Baekhyun admits, “but I fell in love with you anyway.”

(Sometimes Chanyeol feels his heart drop to the depths of despair at Baekhyun’s words but it’s his afterthoughts that come and save him.)

-

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol.”

(It’s okay, little Baek.)

It’s not long before Chanyeol hears the usual puppy-like yelping he has grown accustomed to every night before going to sleep.

“I guess it’s time for me to go to bed too, huh, Baek?” He muses with a chuckle as he turns his laptop off and places it carefully and quietly on the desk, before shuffling back over to the bed to hover over the figure sleeping peacefully, wrapped up cosily under the covers. 

Chanyeol smiles fondly at Baekhyun and reaches out to brush his newly-dyed hair away from his face, the latter’s lips automatically curling up at the other’s touch. Chanyeol bends down to plant a chaste kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead before getting in, placing the covers over the both of them but tucking them more carefully over at Baekhyun’s side to make sure he doesn’t get cold later on as the night goes by.

“Goodnight, Baekhyun.” Is the last whisper that rings in the air before slumber also takes Chanyeol under its wings. 

-

“Riseeeeee and shineeeeeee, Byunbaek!” Baekhyun wakes up to a noisy Chanyeol sweeping the curtains open to reveal the sun eagerly waiting for Baekhyun to rise and greet the new day ahead.

“It’s too damn early for this, Chanyeol. Close it! It’s blinding me!” Baekhyun mumbles as he buries his head under his pillow in an attempt to block out any speck of sunlight from filtering through his closed lids.

“That’s what you get for never telling me I had a booger up my nose and for telling me I farted in my sleep on the plane. I was better off not knowing that, you know? It hurts my pride,” Chanyeol plops onto the bed next to Baekhyun, an amused smile gracing his lips, “and by the way, nice pants, Mr. Trendsetter.” 

And that’s when Baekhyun realises he still hasn’t done anything to nurse his ripped kitten-patterned pyjama pants-- or his aching crotch after accidentally doing the splits above Chanyeol’s shoulder. 




But at least he’s forgiven.