001

Captives of War

No one knew how it started but then it was all what they could as duty to their country. They were the famed Aces, South Korea’s best of the best. The government had scouted 7 young lads from different training camps and was brought together due their extreme skills and brilliant intelligence. They were the elite among the mediocre soldiers manipulated and brainwashed to fight for the mother land to shout Daehan Minguk unlimited at any time they wanted.

They were given special training, harder and fiercer than the regular soldiers and they were not spared at any cost. They were built like robots, trained like dogs and taught to be ruthless and heartless.

They were needed; they were the South Korean Aces, the premier league of 7 who would be tasked to bring down the enemies with assurance every single time. And they were given such a branding that everyone feared them, and they stood out without being even told.

“They are ready for battle general.” A major called reported as he handed the folders of the seven males that had completed the training.

“Very well, they are bound to lead South Korea to victory.” The general uttered with a smirk on his wrinkled face. “Bring them in.” He ordered and the soldier left to fetch the famed seven

The door opened and seven lads were ushered inside. They stood in attention and saluted the general; their faces were handsome yet their eyes burned with passion to kill enemies at all cost.

“Introduce yourselves men.” The general ordered and one by one the soldiers introduced themselves and presented their skills.

“Sir, Sergeant Park Leeteuk commander of Aces Sir.” He said as he saluted to the general who smiled. He noticed that the man was strong; he knew he can lead well.

“sir, Kim Kangin Sir. Second in command.” The soldier next to him introduced himself and the general eyed the strong muscles of the sergeant 2nd in command.

“Front lines?” The general asked and The soldier shouted loud and clear. “Sir Yes Sir.” The general smiled.

“Sir Lee Sungmin iminida. Sniper and one on one combat.” The third saluted and the general nodded, a versatile lad.

“By any chance do you have a specialty?” HE asked and the soldier answered him. “Sir Yes Sir, Martial arts.” That made him breathe in and took in the musty air of the underground office.

“Sir Private 1 Sniper Kim Ryeowook imnida.” The soft spoken lad uttered and the general looked a bit concerned about this one.

“I am not sure if you can handle the real world son.” The general uttered and the sniper smirked an evil grin.

“try me.” He replied defiantly and the general laughed at him.

“Oh yes I will son, I will.” He uttered as he eyed the fifth soldier.

“Sir Cho Kyuhyun imnida, Tactics and explosives.” He said as he grinned which hinted something sinister.

“An explosives specialist huh?” HE asked and the lad answered in confidence “Sir Yes Sir.”

“Sir Kim Sunggyu Imnida.” The sixth saluted and the general was worried about this one, he lacks character.

“I doubt that you fit in this group.” He uttered and Sunggyu scoffed which caught the attention of the top ranked official.

“Looks can deceive general. I suggest that you watch your back.” The lad answered which perked the general.

“Interesting fellow, we’ll see.” The general uttered and turned to the youngest member, a mere 18 year old drafted recently due to mandatory rules imposed by the government.

“Sir Kim Jonghyun sir, all rounder.” He said and the general nodded, considering the built of the handsome lad, he was sure he doesn’t need to question him anymore.

“Very well, I am not sure how well you were trained but to be called Aces, you have to be one.” He said as the wall behind him lit up and revealed some pictures, text and grid locations. “Gentlemen, hidden in the facility is a famed member of a Taliban group, I want him dead in an hour. Kill anyone who interferes.” He ordered and the men nodded and left the room as a timer appeared in the middle and the screen changed into videos of the seven, captured in different angles.

“Kyuhyun.” Leeteuk said and the said soldier had already retrieved his laptop and typed in codes and jargons before speaking with the group.

“I reckon they are keeping him on the fifth floor. Security is tight in the area. Ryeowook stay on guard, we need you for cover.” He said and with a smirk on his angelic face he nodded and parted the group.

Kyuhyun then took some C5 and handed it to the two youngest members of the group. “I’m sure you know the drill.” He said with an evil smirk and the two parted from the group and took the elevators down to the fifth group.

“How much time do we need?” Leeteuk asked and Kyuhyun smirked at him.

“30 minutes tops.” The younger answered and that was Sungmin’s cue to part as he walked towards the fire exit, calmly as if it was a leisure walk.

“Watch our backs Kyu.” Kangin instructed and the two ran towards separate corridors as the tactician folded his laptop and placed it inside his bag and retrieved a tablet.

“This is a piece of cake.” He uttered as he leisurely walked towards the ground floor to wait for the 6 members to return.

“Sungmin, left door 3 men.” He heard from his ear piece and Sungmin immediately drew his weapon, a baton that looked a little less deadly but when he took down the guards in one blow, he proved that looks can be deceiving.

“I’m clear. I’m going in” Sungmin announced and Ryeowook buzzed in.

‘Got you covered Sungmin.” He heard and SUngmin smirked as he take down five more guards.

‘This is getting boring.” Jonghyun uttered as he planted the C5 on one of the doors.

“Like we’ll be doing the action.” Sunggyu replied as he armed the c5 on the elevator door. “Ready?” He asked and the younger nodded.

“Kyuhyun hyung, all set. Give us a minute.” Sunggyu announced and Kyuhyun hummed in reply.

The minute passed and the elevator blasted into pieces and alerting the guards of the place.

“Now this is more like it.” Jonghyun uttered as the guards rushed towards them. “I love action.” And on cue, the two take down a dozen on mire soldiers that were stronger than them. But they were trained as Aces, and aces they were as each blow was lethal and one by one, the enemies wee down on the floor while they stood panting lightly.

“easy.” Sunggyu uttered as the two walked back towards the ground floor.

“Fifth floor.” Kangin uttered and as he opened the door, two guards charged at him. HE smirked as he dodged both attacks and kicked each one to the gut, blood spilled from their mouths.

“gross.” He uttered as he walked through the hall to meet Leeteuk fending off after a girl.

“Need help?” He called out but the leader shook his head.

‘Got this one.” He answered as he took the girl’s leg and pushed her down. “I don’t really like taking on women but you asked for it. I’ll make it least painful.” He answered and with a twist of the neck, she fell to the floor without a pulse.

“dramatic hyung.” Kangin said with a defiant smirk.

‘I love drama Kangin.” The older replied. “How many more minutes Kyu?” Leeteuk asked and the younger answered “15”

“we have time to spare.” Kangin answered. Then they heard bodies crushing to the floor and when they turned around, they saw the men being killed by an invincible force.

“Got you covered hyung.” Ryeowook’s voice echoed and the two smiled and headed towards the room where Sungmin was already taking down the guards.

“Need help Minnie?” Leeteuk asked and the lad smirked as he finished two guards in one flying kick.

“as if hyung.” Sungmin answered.

“Target is locked, give command to engage.” Ryeowook spoke and with a grin, Leeteuk gave out his command. “One Shot Wook.”

“Got it.” The voice said and in a matter of seconds, the target fell to the ground.

“With still 5 minutes to spare.” Kangin uttered as they walked back towards the ground floor to meet the others.

“took your time.” Sungmin uttered as he fixed his hair.

“Very well, you exceed my expectations.” The general uttered as he approached the seven soldiers, followed by other top ranking officials in the navy, marines, army and air force. “A very valuable investment.” He said and ordered the seven to join him outside as they watched the building crumble to the ground. “You’re our hero now.” The general smirked as the others prepared the news of one of the leaders of Taliban hiding in Korea was annihilated by the South Korean Forces.

“Very well done boys.” He said as they boarded separated heavy armored vehicles and drove away from the scene.

---

a/n: well this is more on the modern war and not the 1940’ world war ^^