Look Up

Upside-Right

 

upside-down-scene.jpg?w=448&h=242

Look Up

i ' m  h e r e
Play this while listening, trust me you'll feel the story more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s POV

 

Hyemi was staring out the window ignoring the lesson that was given out by Miss Yoo. The pencil between her fingers danced and tapped, hoping to loose the boredom. ''What's love?'' Hyemi turned her head to the question. She focused herself back to Miss Yoo, interested. ''Love. What is it really? Is it the finger's of your mom as she tucked your hair behind your ear wishing you goodnight? Is it your friend's lunch that she offered just because you forgot yours? Or is it simply....'' Miss Yoo trailed off. Suddenly a slight smirk formed on her red lips as her eyes meet Hyemi's. ''...boys? men? the extinct?'' . Hyemi's heart suddenly gave a fast passed beat at those words. Boys.. 

 

The bell suddenly rang, waking Hyemi up from her deep thought. Miss Yoo straightens herself as she held a stack of books. ''On your way out, please collect this novel. This will be your assignment for the week.'' Hyemi stood up packed her bags and made her way down. ''Read it, understand it..'' the line shorten and Hyemi held her hand out to receive the novel and Miss Yoo eyed her once again and whispered ''..Feel it'' with an unknown smile Miss Yoo distributed the last copies.

 

Hyemi made her way down the halls as she held the petite but thick book in her hands. It was torn, old but still readable. The front cover was plain red with nothing but ’Romeo and Juliet by W. Shakespeare’ engraved in gold. Hyemi quickly flipped the pages of the browned stained pages of the novel and sighed. ‘’This book must be a million years old. Why couldn’t Miss Yoo just give us an ebook, it’s the 41st generation’’. Hyemi huffed and made her way out the school gate. ‘’Bye Hyemi’’ her classmate bid.

 

----

 

‘’Alright ladies, this is the last stop’’ The bus driver said as she looked back at the 3 girls left in the bus. Before exiting the bus Hyemi took out her drawing kit and her A3 drawing book and paid the bus driver. ‘’Off to the carousel to doodle again little missy?’’ The bus driver teased as she smiled at Hyemi. ‘’Its not doodles. Its drawings. People back then ap-‘’ ‘’appreciate drawing which was also known as art. It’s a wonder’’ The bus driver finished her sentence. She laughed as she gestured Hyemi to hurry off.

The sun was about to go down in a few hours time and it didn’t bother Hyemi at all. Hyemi sang her way up to the hill that takes 15 minutes to climb. The air started to get more breezier and the smile on Hyemi’s face got longer as she was nearly reaching the top. She loved the carousel hill, its where she goes to get some peace. Her apartment was surrounded with noise and city lights, she could never get use to it.

Hyemi inhaled the fresh air as she reached the top. She admired the city for a while and fixed her gaze on the Transworld building. A building which connects the down below with the up above. ‘’Do you not miss me mom?’’ She sighed as she made her way to the carousel. There were only 3 horses left and most of it was missing a few pieces. Hyemi brushed some dried leaves of the floor of the carousel and sat herself down. She took out her pencil and started sketching on her pad, loosing herself. It got dark. And after a few minutes her eyes slowly shut together.

 

----

Hyemi’s POV

‘’..then thy shall kill thyself to meet thou my love..’’ I was awaken by a deep hoarse mumble that sounded so close to me. I brought myself up, still half asleep and I rubbed my eyes to get a clearer view. ‘’Can you quiet down, im trying to sl-‘’ my words were cut off when I saw no one around or near. I tilted my head in confusion and shook it off. Telling myself its all in my head.I started packing up my stuff and tied my hair into a ponytail and was about to leave when the exact same voice I heard before whispered ‘’you look more beautiful with your hair down’’ I stopped on my tracks and look back. No one was there, and the voice sound really deep. Whoever is messing with me must be some really tough lady. I turned back to the front and quicken my pace.

‘’You forgot something!’’ The voice suddenly yelled just before I was about to make my way back down. I look into my bag and saw that nothing was missing but then any sight of red was not seen. The novel. I turned around with my brows furrowed.  Annoyed. I stormed back to the carousel and fold my arms across my chest.‘’Alright! Whoever you are, give me back my book. That’s school property’’ I said sternly. I hear deep giggles so close to me but when I look around nobody was insight. Are they invisible or something? ‘’Quit playing! Show yourself.’’ I started to quiver. ‘’Look up’’ Suddenly I felt hot breath up close to my ears as those words danced its way into my ear. I slowly turned around to the direction of the hot breath and looked up.

‘’GOD! YOU SCARED ME THERE WOMEN!’’ I yelled in relief as I saw the girl holding my book. She must be from down below. I looked at the girl with a soft smile and held my hands out, asking for the book. I examined her features and admired them. They weren’t feminine nor were they petite. She had masculine jaws and strong eyes, I might be crazy but she seemed soo.. soo.. so handsome. ‘’You could ask nicely you know.. and….’’ she trailed off as she waved the book in the air up to me. ‘’I aint a women. I’m a man. Well.. im not that old yet. I’m a boy.’’ I eyed him in daze as I tried to look in her or his eyes for the lies. But I see nothing. It was all the truth. She really ways a boy. HE really was a boy. ‘’boy…’’ I said in a whisper. ‘’Yes boy.. good girl’’ He repeated, treating me like a dog.

‘’And this boy’s name is Byun Baekhyun.’’ He said with a heart throbbing warm smile.

 

 _ _ _ ___ _ _ _________________________________________________________________________________________

sorry if it was a little draggy but yeah. Hope you enjoy it.  so was it too short?? please comment below your opiinions.
and thankyou to those who subbed before this chapter was up.

I PROMISE YOU IT'LL GO BETTER! I PROMISE.
AND THE REST OF EXO WILL COME SOON.