Final

One year older

“For the last time, bring me the contract first ting in the morning! Not before lunch, not after lunch. Not tonight either!Got it!” Kris hung up the phone before he heard the answer on the other line. Honestly, some people were idiots who couldn’t tell between an order and a request.

He arrives at the familiar parking lot and kills the engine before getting out of the black car and making his way to the building not to far. He’s early today, just how he planed, and waits patiently by the entrance.

It’s not long before the bell rings and a flood of children comes rushing out. Kris moves aside so he’s not trampled, even though he’s more then half their size, they are still many and uncaring to their surroundings as they rush to get away from their personal hell.

When the entrance clears out a bit and only few children,going in pairs, start to came out, that’s when he positions himself in clear sight. Sehun spots him right away and made his way to his father. Even though he’s still a child, he’s taller then most of his pears and for that, Kris is proud. Sure,he wasn’t his biological son, but he’s been there since Sehun was born and the love he has for his son was as real as any father’s.

“Happy birthday, Sehun. How does it feel to be a year older?” Sehun held his father’s hand while they were walking to the car. Kris has always picked him up from school, even if he had to cancel important meetings and get yelled at by his boss. And Sehun has always waited for him when he was a bit late and held his hand while they talked about their day. It was astonishing how much they got along and Kris cherished this moments,he feared that once Sehun hit puberty their bond will shatter.

“I don’t feel any different, though a lot of students wished me a happy birthday”, he beamed showing his toothy smile that lit up his face.

They got in the car and made their way home, making small talk of the events that happened at school. Even though Sehun was shy and self-conscious about his lisp, he never had a problem talking around his parents or friends. The same couldn’t be said in class and all the teachers had a habit of reminding Kris and his partner about it. But what could they do? Not every child was the same and forcing him to do something that he wasn’t comfortable wasn’t going to be much help.

Today was going to be just a family celebration since both Kris and Sehun would be exhausted form work and school. A normal family dinner was discussed, but knowing Suho there would be enough food to feed a small country. And on Saturday the small party that Suho has been fussing over the whole week was going to be held. Even though Sehun was strongly against it, party invitations were sent out to half of the students(even though Sehun didn’t know them), a picture was given to the cake designer(what even?) and a small(not so much) place was rented out. Kris kept reminding his husband that Sehun was turning twelve, not eighteen, but all the comments were brushed off as the younger busied himself with organizing and fretting like a nervous bride. That just brought memories that Kris was hoping to forever forget.

As the father and son duo made their way through the front yard of the small suburban two-floor house and through the front door the smell of food enveloped both of them and Sehun couldn’t contain his excitement, or hunger and rushed to the kitchen. Suho was setting up the rest of the side-dishes on the table as a hyper 12-year old crushed into him and entwined his small arms around his waist from behind.

Suho let out a chuckle before ruffling his son’s hair. “Happy birthday, baby. Are you hungry”. He received a frantic nod that made him wince and worry about the boy’s neck. “Ok, go wash up and we can eat.”

As soon as Sehun left to change his clothes and wash his hand Kris stepped into the kitchen and gave his smaller husband a slow kiss. The taller held the other by his waist, bringing him closer, but not deepening the kiss. After disconnecting their lips they gazed into each others eyes like they were teenagers again, madly in love. Their age did change, but the love they shared didn’t and that made both of their hearts swell.

A childish ” Ew, gross” brought them back to reality and they stepped back keeping a certain distance and blushing profusely. Kris left the kitchen to wash his hand as well, but not before sneaking a pat on his husband’s . Said husband yelped and just gave him a angry look , before shifting his gaze to make sure his baby’s innocence was still in tacked. Thank God for the food on the table or else Sehun’s eyes would have been tainted.

Once everyone was at the table and grace was said the eating could finally start. Suho watched as the food he prepared especially for his son was being inhaled by the boy and his equally hungry husband. It brought a smile to his face as he was reminded of the saying “Like father, like son”. They ate practically the same, slept in the same position, on their stomachs and their hands under the pillow and when it was basketball season Sehun would be in front of the tv with his father screaming or cheering as he kept glancing at Kris to see which one he should do at which time.

He stole glances at his husband during the meal while he slowly ate. Kris had smeared some sauce on his cheek and mouth full of food, chewing and adding more like he hasn't been fed his whole life. Even like this he was still handsome. At least to Suho he was. They met in high school when Suho was in his second year, and Kris a year above him. At that time Kris was in the basketball team and had flocks of girls fallowing his every move. Suho didn’t pay much attention to him, being the class president and worrying about his studies, so it came as a surprise when he started getting love letters by none other then the famous jock himself. Out of the blue, one day he opened his textbook at home to revise the lesson when the white envelope fell out. Since then he received one everyday, first they were anonymous, but then Kris started signing them. It took awhile, but finally Suho agreed to a date. He got to know Kris the way none of his ‘fans’ ever did. Kris in all his dorky, clumsy glory was a sweetheart who loved going to cafes and dreamed of having as many kids as possible. It wasn’t long till Suho actually fell in love and instead of reading book, spend his time imagining his future with his boyfriend.

It’s not like they never fought, or got on each other’s nerves, cause God knows how many times they almost broke up. But it never happened. They never let it get that far. The longest they had ever gone without seeing or talking to each other was three days. Later that night Suho found a crying giant at his door step asking for forgiveness, which made Suho start crying as well and admit that it was his fault.

Giving his concentration back to the meal, Suho could help let out a sigh as he saw all the food gone and his two favorite people in the world content with their bellies full. He didn’t eat as much, but that was enough for him, unlike the food needed for a growing boy and a freakishly tall giant. He should have reminded both of them that about the cake . Sehun would probably complain about a tummy-ache later and ask to get out of school tomorrow. Like that’s ever going to happen.

They unintentionally started a tradition for Sehun’s birthday when he turned nine. Claiming he was a big boy now who could stay up late and that he wasn’t tired yet, his parents let him pick a movie for all of them to watch. Every year Sehun would fall asleep mid-movie and every year Kris brought him to his bed and tucked him in, kissed his forehead for sweet dreams and returned to his husband. They’d cuddle for the rest of the film before they too when to slumber.

And this year was no different. ‘Captain America’ was this year’s choice which both Kris and Sehun have been dying to watch. Sehun sat in the middle of the white couch with his fathers on either side of him. Thanks to Kris’s long arms, he managed to drape one over and play with Suho’s hair at his nape. The excitement died down for the 12-your old half way through as his head fell on his fathers body and he nuzzled towards the warmth. Kris had no choice but to bring him to his room so the boy’s neck won’t hurt in the morning. This time Suho went along so he’d manage to sneak a pick at his son’s sleeping face. Tucked in his Snoopy covers and his hands under his pillow Sehun looked like a little angel and both men stood by the doorway to watch for a few minutes. Their little boy was growing up too fast too soon and it wouldn’t be long till he started hanging with his friends more and barely having time for his family. Though Suho like to believe Sehun would be different, he couldn’t help the ache he was feeling when he thought about his baby growing up.

Film long forgotten on pause, the happy parents decided to call it a night.Turning the lights in the house and getting under the covers with Suho molding into his husband’s large body, as the older drapes his hand around his waste bringing him closer and nuzzling in the younger’s neck, nostrils attacked by a familiar smell that always made his mind at ease.


A/N: This was written very fast so any mistakes are unintentional. I hope you like it ^.^