Wedding

Utopian

The sun shine through the window panes. A brand new day approached. It’s the 1st of October, finally that day has arrive where you would be someone’s. The blue boxes that carried your memories of living in this house for five years is finally residing somewhere else. You stood up and stretch, grunting at the crack of your bones.

 

________! Shower up! It’s the big day! your mom shouted over the door. You smiled at the action, but the wistful feeling ignited when you realized that will be last time you will see her do that. You glanced at the white silk gown hanged on the front of your cupboard.

It’s D-day, you’re finally being with someone.

The luscious curls bounced softly from the hot iron, the brushes of all sorts of shaped skim through your face promising you too look like an angel in the end. The sounds of your bridesmaids giggles bring a smile to your face at the reality. With your bridesmaids names on the hangers you had perfectly organized on the rack behind you, the shade of pink of your favorite as their gowns for your wedding. The smells of different fragrances from the different lady’s in the hotel room lingered in the air.

You woke up from your short doze to the scent of a familiarness, you opened up your eyes carefully and there it was in front of you. Piping hot, taco bells, by the sight of it makes you salivate.

“I knew you will be hungry!” exclaimed your best friend, Jinny, tucking a cloth under your neck as a makeshift bib. You nodded, you realise you didn’t managed to eat anything the whole day. Just as the morning approach, in an instant you were pulled into the bathroom, a quick shower and you’ve been in front of the vanity table since then.

“Jinny! You’re here” you hugged her as your other hand grab the bag of taco bells from her hands and moan in satisfaction at the smell of it.

“Easy there, won’t want to ruin your hairdo!” she exclaimed, adjusting your hair back.

At the last touch of your talented stylist, your white veil placed gently in the middle of your crown. You stood up and smooth the white gown you changed earlier. Taking a deep breath you calmed yourself down looking at your reflection for the last time. Even if having jitters on your wedding would be certainly bad, you could not help feeling nervous. Negative thoughts starts to skim through your mind.

"What if you trip and fall at the aisle. What if you step on your gown and it tore apart."

“You look perfect, my dear” a male deep voice disrupts your negative thoughts. A voice that you gotten familiar the one that oftens scolds you when you were young and have always been there for you. He has always been the one behind your back and would inspect all the guys you bring home.

You turned to your father who looks dashing as always – just like he was during his wedding day – with the suit your mom had picked.

“You’re ready?” asked your father, extending his hand towards you. Nodding, you inch closer to your father and took his hand. 

You released a breathe out.

“I’m ready” you finally voice out.

The doors opened and you made your way to the wedding hall. The loud voices of your guests made your beating heart more profound. As the steps you took get you more closer to the wedding hall. You were extremely nervous and you couldn’t help it but tighten your grasp on your father.

“Relax, _____. You’re making me nervous too. ” stuttered your father. You glanced at your day, his expression shadows yours.

“Come, lets do this” he assured you. You nodded, prepared to walk down the aisle.

The door opened. The band musicians played as the signaled of the bride’s entrance. Everyone stood up and centered their attention onto you, camera’s and flashes shoot towards you. But, your attention was solely on the man you are advancing to.

In the black suit, with his hair styled up, his face beaming in excitement and happiness. His eyes that was filled with endearing love glancing towards you. Not removing his attention to anyone but you, only you. You smiled when he winked at you momentarily.

As if it took an hour from the door towards him, eventhough it was just seconds.

“Take care of her, if not…” your father warned before placing your hand to Dongwoo’s.

Dongwoo took your hand and looked at you seriously, “Always…”