Derp King Is Enamored

Someday Is Today

Someday, I’ll be able to tell her. I’m not pretty sure when. Not predicting that it’ll happen tomorrow or today or soon enough. But the longer I keep it in, the more I feel scared. Scared of my feelings for her. The longer I keep it in, it hurts the more. I’m not sure if it is right. I’m not sure how things will turn out. It’ll either she accepts my feelings or friendship over. But I have to risk that to be able to say how I feel. If it’ll only be easy as “That someday is today.”

“How do you confess to the person you like?” Chanyeol asks Skye, his best friend ever since.
“Okay? That’s so random. So you’re going to confess to this person… and who is this person?”
“Don’t shift to asking me questions. You’re questions will be answered anyway. Answer me! How do you?”
“I’m not sure. Not the type of person who does that. Anyway, the girl may either end up saying ‘Dude, are you crazy? Stop playing around!’ or she’ll give you a good slap on the face. And no, she’s not trying to wake you up; she’s trying to see if what’s happening is real… without hurting herself. And she’ll either cry after looking at you in disbelief while lightly punch your chest.”
“Whoa, aren’t there any good things that’ll happen if ever I confess?”
“None that I know of. Well, all of this are all in my perspective. She’ll either ask you if you’re really serious. Like ‘Are you serious?’ and then if you’re about to say it again, she’ll shout ‘Shut up!’ while smiling in shock at the same time, the thought sunk in her head... I don’t know. That’s how random girls are… like how your question is.”
“Despite how unpleasant all those are, I think it made me more… uhm… determined to really confess.”
“Really? Okay, I’ll bet. You pick which of what I said will be her reaction. My choice is the option where she’ll slap your face. That’s a good one!” she says laughingly.
“Eh, that’s mean.”
“So what do you bet? The last one?”
“No.”
“Then which?”
“All.”
“Seriously? A girl can do that? Like all in one shot?”
“Probably.”
“Okay, that’s your choice, I’ll respect it. So, when will you confess?”
“Me? I say …. Skye, I love you. And no, I don’t like you, I love you.”
“What? Chanyeol! What is wrong with you? Are you some kind of irrational person? You’re my best friend! Stop fooling around. This is so not funny!” she screams, caught off guard. She’s blushing pink as a tulip, a fresh mature tulip.
“No, I love you. I’ve seen your flaws and loved that part of you.”

She slaps his face on impulse, her teeth clenched as she does. She stares at her hand that is shaking right now. She shakes her head in disbelief.
“This is not real. This so not real.”
“It is real, Skye. I lo…,” she cuts him off.
“Shut up!” she says, a stupid smile on her face. ‘Why am I smiling? I’m not supposed to smile’,” she thought. “Chanyeol, what the heck are you saying? Look, I’m going crazy right now. I need… uhm… space. Everything. I need food, water. I need air. God, I’m suffocating.”
She stares at her fingers that she now intertwines with her own hand. She’s tearing up, overwhelmed with the sudden commotion that rampaged her head.
“How can you do this?” she cries, punching him lightly on the chest. “How can you, huh?”
“Hey, don’t cry. I asked you how a girl will react… and then you said that those were in your perspective. I’ll gladly risk you doing those things to me if that’ll make you know how I feel for you.”
“But you’re my best friend!” she shouts, her face contorting. “You allow me to treat you like a girl. Like… you allow me to put light make up on you and paint your nails. Or what other things! Why? You should’ve told me…something like ‘! Stop doing those girly things to me! You might end up thinking I am gay. You probably should know that I love you. So, stop making me a girl’,” she finishes with a heavy sigh.
“Skye, what the? What are you saying?”
“I don’t know!” she says, running her hands through her hair. “You do like me don’t you? Despite all these?” she gestures at her haggard look.
“Correction, I love you. Why do you ask?”
“Because you have to be honest with me. Am I crazy? Am I, like, gone bonkers-bonkers?”
“Yes.”
“What?” she pouts, her eyebrows meeting.
“And I have to love that part too. I love everything about you,” he says.
“Stop it, will you? you’re seriously driving me crazy.”
“I will only stop if you stop nagging or talking,” Chanyeol says.
“I hate you so much!!!” she screams. “You’re such a prick!” she says pulling his hair.
“Hey, what the! Skye! Ah, it hurts!”
“Ha, now you know how it felt when you confessed a while ago? My head ached so much!” she releases his hair. “Stop being crazy, okay? Or you’ll die!” she says.
“Whoa, scary,” Chanyeol says, annoying Skye.

Skye puts her hands on her hips and tap her right foot. Chanyeol’s eyes grows big.
“Skye,” he says in a hush manner.
“Chanyeol,” she says, smirking at the end. And then her eyes grow big. Chanyeol runs away and she chases after him.
“Mommy!” he shouts.
“You’re so freakin’ dead, mister!” she screams. Chanyeol stumbles and Skye was able to catch up on him. She puts his ear in between her fingers and drags him home.

“Skye, please. Ah, it hurts!” he says, tapping Skye’s hand.
“No!” she says, pinching his ears more.
“Please, it hurts!”
“No, die!”
“What?” he stands up straight. “You want me to die?”
“So you’ll stop acting crazy.”
“Then die with me,” he says, carrying her and placing her over his shoulders.
“Chanyeol, put me down! Like hell!” she says, punching his back.
“Shhh… keep quiet. You’ll wake up the world!”
“No. Put me down first!”
“That’s not gonna happen. I love you, Skye. So much.”
“You’re not going to put me down? Are you going to keep annoying me? Huh?” she asks, maddened. Chanyeol nods, an annoying expression on his face.
“Ah, okay. Have it your way.” Skye screams at the tops of her voice, “Ahhhh… ! Ahhhh…!”
“Hey,” Chanyeol immediately puts her down and covers . “Don’t shout that! I won’t do that. I’m not a ert, for your sake,” he says, a grim expression on his face.
“Hey, Chanyeol. Argh, so this is the part when I get overboard again, huh? I always disappoint you, don’t I? And then all I could ever do is say sorry. Hey, I’m sorry. Chanyeol, I’m sorry.”
“But that’s how you think of me?”
“No, of course not. You won’t put me down.”
“Because you’re already fed up, I thought you’ll run away. I already have you and I wouldn’t like losing you just because you’re fed up with my crazy antics. You can just…,” he gulps imaginary water, “You can just reject me, if you don’t feel the same or if you can’t imagine both of us being more than best friends. You can just tell me that you don’t like me or love me. You can say that you’re sorry ‘cause you can only love me as a brother. I can happily accept that, instead of you trying to act as if it’s not a big deal for your best friend. I’d really prefer that,” Chanyeol says, walking ahead, his head bent down.
“Chanyeol, wait up!” Skye shouts, running after Chanyeol who is now meters away from her. He doesn’t stop walking. He looks straight ahead, a blank expression on his face. “Hey, Chanyeol!” and he doesn’t respond.

Skye removes her shoe and throws it at Chanyeol, aiming for his head. It hits him and he stops, looking back at Skye. She runs to him and wears her shoe.
“What was that? You’re such a bully right now. You’re not like that before,” he says, rubbing the back side of his head.
“Sorry, you weren’t looking back. It’s as if your name isn’t Chanyeol. It’s as if you changed your name. I would’ve accepted if you reason out that you wouldn’t look at me is you changed your name and show me legal papers. What am I saying? Anyway. After a matter of thinking for about forty seconds, I’s like to say something to you.”
“And what is that? You’re finally going to react after exaggerating?”
“Ouch, but yes. I’d like to tell you that … I love you. And no, not as a best friend, not as a brother. But as a man. As the craziest man I ever met. I was shocked and I can’t think straight. I was as if dipped in warm spring water that all I want to do is escape the situation because I don’t know how to react to it. But I’ve made up my mind. I can’t deny the fact that I really do love you. It’s not that, in a second I came to the thought that I love you. Maybe I was also denying to myself the fact that I do. Maybe I tried to cover it all up with the friendship code we’ve barricaded ourselves in. You managed to break your side of the wall; it took me a lot of time to break mine or I didn’t mind crossing over to yours.”
“At least you did.”
“Yes, at least I did,” she says, embracing. “I’m sorry, again. You know me; I’m too blind to see. Look, it’s the reason I wear these glasses,” Skye says. Chanyeol manages to giggle.
“So, are we settled?” he asks. .
“Whatever settled that is, I’ll say yes,” she says and he puts his arm over her shoulders and she puts her arm around his waist. They both start to walk home. “We settled our feelings. We’re settled in the same house. You haven’t settled your debts at the nearby store, while I already settled mine. That! That’s what you should settle!” Skye laughingly points at him.
“Skye, don’t ruin the moment. I’m enjoying time with you, even the part when you partially hurt me. Now, don’t get on nagging me with my debts,” he says, pleading.
“Okay, I’ll keep my mouth shut then.”
“Tell me something first, before we enter the house.”
“What should I tell you?”
“You should tell me how you feel. Without all the add-ons. Without all the reasoning. Just the three words are enough.”
“Okay,” she stops walking. “Chanyeol, I….love…you,” she says, ending with a smile.
“I love you, too,” he says, putting her face in between his hands and he pushes his face near hers.
“What are you doing?” Skye asks, while her face is squished.
“Shhh…” Chanyeol hushes. And when he’s centimeters near her, Skye lets out a long shriek and runs inside the house and closes the gate. Chanyeol runs after her but ends up banging his face at the gate.

“Skye, let me in, please,” Chanyeol pleads.
“Skye, let me enter the house. It’s getting chilly here.”
“Skye? Skye? Are you still awake? Skye?”
Chanyeol stands up and constantly presses the doorbell.
“Skye, open the gate. Ahh… I’m going crazy here! Skye, pleae! Ahhh… Mommy!”
“I won’t let you sleep and keep on pressing this doorbell until you open the gate. I’ll annoy you,” he whispers to himself.

The gate opens and Chanyeol has that smile on his face as if saying “finally”.
“Get in, and, may I remind you of something? I’ll say it in shouty capitals, okay? DON’T RUSH THINGS!” she says, slowly saying her last sentence. Chanyeol nods and Skye allows him to enter the house, … And there…they have their own little Chanyeol’s and little Skye’s who made another history of derps and a lot more other weirdness. :D

THE END