Final.

concert memoirs

“Muse,” he said in the midst of slurping his noodles, casually spluttering his words as If they were incoherent and not phasing. His eyes dared to sneak a peek at the girl who was oh-so-casually scrutinizing his facial structure, trying to figure out where he was going with this. She wasn’t about to play guessing games, if that was what he was intending her to do.

“What about them?”

“Tickets,” Sehun had always been a simple man with few words to utter at once. Again, he casually slurped his noodles and wiped the corners of his lips the second he was done consuming them. “What about tickets?”

“You and me,” three words, two possibilities, one thought.

“Muse, tickets, you and me,” she repeated whilst he smirked. “Are you taking watch Muse perform live?” her fingers grasped onto the cafeteria table hard as he simply stood up and walked away. With his back turned around and the sole of his sneakers squeaking on the freshly mopped floor, he uttered.

“I’ll pick you up at eight.”


It wasn’t very easy convincing her parents.

“Mom, Sehun wants to bring me out to watch Muse tonight,” the sound of the water running was the only object that solidified the presence of sound, because in all actuality the silence was somehow frightening and killing. “He said at eight o’clock,”

“Sounds dangerous.” Her mother quickly responded. “You and your boyfriend at a concert in the middle of the night with no guardian in sight, a crowd of people and crazy shananigans and stunts about to be pulled; I can already sense the fury in your father once he finds out about this.”

“Exactly,” she blew a raspberry, tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. “And that is precisely why I’m not going to go.”

“Well that’s a lot of bull from a teenage girl who brought in Sehun in her bedroom last night to do homework. Literally.” She didn’t know how the events of last night even unfolded because she had tried her best to keep the deal between her and Sehun completely under wraps. “I was expecting to see you two in bed, but hey surprise, surprise. ”

“Mom, you can’t tell dad.”

“That you’re going to the concert tonight, or that you snuck in Sehun late at night just to help him complete his homework and biology assignment?”

The corners of her lips curved before she turned around to face the older version of herself, sighing in contentment and hearty satisfaction.

“Both,”

 

“Why’d you sneak out of the window? There’s something called the front door.” Sehun uttered as he leaned against the doorframe of his car, keys twirling at the edge of his fingers; hair in a tousled mess of overused gel and hairspray. A leather jacket rested on his shoulders as he wore the plain-old white T she had gotten him a few months back.

“It seemed a little more inviting than the front door.”

“Please tell me you’re not sneaking out. I am not going to get hit by a slipper again.”

“Hey we’ve been together for nine months. At least mom and dad know we’re together.”  She opens the door of his car as he turns on the ignition. The car lets out an awkward vibrancy before it feels smooth and ready for the night.

Before Sehun moves the gear with his hand, she said. “Dad doesn’t know I’m out though. Go figure.”

“You are so in trouble when we get back.”

“I know,”

 


The sea of people greeted them like the waves that met the shore, the music blasting from the speakers boomed somewhere in the midst of a person wearing their headphones. Everywhere she went, it was jammed pack but everything she saw in the sea of it all was Sehun.

Sehun, sehun, sehun.

The name sounded audibly inviting.

The notes of the electric guitar emit from the booming speakers and all she wanted to do was raise her hands in the air. Muse was in actuality, how they had met.

Many had interests in mainstream artists, and many were too shallow to step out of their indie shell. Whilst she and sehun were a mixture of both. Figuratively, Sehun and her had met a music department store. She was searching for a Justin Bieber album whilst he was searching for something soft and chic. It was nothing apprehensive, just quite odd.

At the end of the day, both heard a song that was quite familiar. Something quite unexplainable and both rushed to the cashier at the front desk, asking what song it was and where the album was allocated. Rushing feet and clammy palms, both ended up buying the same album. Music tastes eventually became personal interests as well.

Hold you into my arms.

She could feel a certain pressure behind her and by the scent of his body odor, she knew. Fingers on his forearms, she just swayed because that’s all she wanted to do in his presence.

I just want you to hold you into my arms

With a sensation of hot breath near her face, she wanted to turn but was halted by securing arms.

“I dig you,” he breathes. “For miles to go, I will continuously dig you.”

She chuckles maybe even laughs at the way he makes her heart palpitate with words that probably meant nothing to anyone else. She smiles beneath her slightly soaked her and exhales.

 “It makes me go insane.” She shuts her eyes to savor the moment of his breath against her bare skin. “Please don’t leave me.”

“Even if you told me how, I couldn’t.”

And in between lyrics and beats of the drums and heartbeats, his lips interlocked with what he portrayed in his mind to be the softest flesh he had ever encountered, and his first.Cheeks began turning crimson and foreheads eventually met accompanied by the perspiration and heavy panting. “You freak me out,” she spoke.

“And you prohibit me from storing in my feelings.”

She pushes him away playfully with her hands. “Don’t do that.”

“Do what?”

She nibbles on her bottom lip in the dark and blushes really hard underneath the dark sky and his fingers interlace with her idly and bony fingers. She was opting to say. “Make me love you.”

However, she says nothing instead.