Chapter 1

Too Cool For You

“yooshin-ah~” kim yooshin’s girl best friend, park minhae whined in her sweetest voice as she could, begging for yooshin’s attention.

 

“yooshin-ah”

 

“yooshinnnn”

 

“oh c’mon kim yooshinn”

 

 “MWOYA?!” yooshin was annoyed. Really. Annoyed. For the past few hours, park minhae this girl just would not leave yooshin alone, instead she filled her with all her irritating wailings, forcing her to listen about her GREAT plan on meeting some sort of celebrities. Which, unfortunately, yooshin wasn’t interested at all. Not even a single bit.

 

Minhae gulped. She knew very well that yooshin was fuming, but she really needed this, she just couldn’t back down now.

 

“Yooshin-ah…We are best friends right, we basically do everything together. How can I possibly leave you out on this? You can just stay with me the whole time; I have full confidence that this is certainly going to work out just fine. Yooshin-ah, I really need you, come with me ok?” Minhae begged with her eyes sparkling like a little long-lost puppy.

 

Yooshin glared at minhae. Everytime when minhae wants something, she does all the begging, and yooshin eventually let her get away with it. Because, hey, she loves this girl. However, she couldn’t do it this time. Minhae spent too much time on a celebrity who doesn’t even know who the hell she is; it breaks her heart seeing minhae wasting all her time on something that is so out of her reach.

 

“Pretty please with a cheery on top?” Minhae noticed yooshin’s glare, she tried again.

 

Yooshin couldn’t hold it in anymore, she have to tell this girl, she have to.

 

“Park Minhae.” Yooshin stared at minhae firmly “ What do you think you are doing? Can you wake up now? I don’t understand you, wasting your time on someone that doesn’t even know you. Do you really think some guy in EXO will notice you? Like the Kris guy? Oh c’mon. There are millions of fangirls in this world, and you’re just one in a million. What makes you think you are special huh? They just see you as a FAN, not their LOVER. Minhae-ah, it’s time for you to face this, and let’s just…grow up?” Yooshin signed, finally she let this go out, she felt really comfortable, like her heavy heart was finally set free.

 

Yet, to Yooshin’s astonishment, Minhae cried. Literally cried.

 

Yooshin stared at Minhae blankly. She didn’t know what to do. Did she hurt her that much? Minhae rarely cries, so rarely. But, she was just stating the truth…

 

“You think I don’t know kim yooshin?” Tears are now streaming down her face like a waterfall “I know better than anyone! I know I’m just a fan, or maybe they will never notice me, I know everything, I know! But they make me happy, they light up my life, they give me motivation. Isn’t that enough already? And yeah, you’re right, I’m not special, nor pretty. But at least I want to try, at least I have a chance to meet them, I’m not letting it pass me!!”

 

Minhae’s crying turned into sobbing. She covered her face.

 

Wow…this Kris guy really got something. He made a hell lot of impact on Minhae. This was the first thought that came through Yooshin’s mind. Then, she felt guilty. Seeing her best friend cry was the last thing Yooshin wanted to do. Thinking about it, Minhae had a point somehow, but she would never approve it. This is still ridiculous, something that is too good to be true.

 

But what could she possible do about it? This is the first time that Minhae reacted that seriously, there’s nothing Yooshin could do but to satisfy her.

 

“Now stop crying, you brat.” Yooshin turned away from Minhae “I’m coming with you alright? “ But Yooshin knows for sure that she would regret this.

 

“W-what? What did you say?” Minhae immediately stopped crying.

 

“Don’t let me repeat myself.”

 

“O-M-G Yooshin-ah you are the freaking best!! “

 

“I hate you.”

 

“I love you too! <3”

 

 ……

 

At EXO’s concert backstage

 

“Omg are those fangirls crazy?! They nearly squashed me!” Yooshin complained, she was covered in sweat and her clothes were in a total mess.

 

Minhae automatically ignored Yooshin. All she’s thinking about were EXO EXO AND EXO. In a few minutes, she is going to meet them. Face to face. Thanks to her dad for getting her backstage passes, now her dream is finally going to fulfill.

 

Soon, Minhae opened the door.

 

Standing in front of Yooshin and Minhae were 12 incredibly handsome boys sent down from heaven. (ß as described by Minhae.) Minhae was on the edge of crying as she just couldn’t stand such jaw-dropping beautiful boys, while Yooshin bowed (showing basic manner is important no matter how much Yooshin dislike them) and looked at them calmly.

 

EXO went on to introduce themselves, they started off with their famous “WE ARE ONE! Anneonghaseyo, EXO imnida.” Then introduced each one separately.

 

Somehow, the situation turned pretty awkward. Everyone was looking at each other awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Minhae was too shocked to talk and Yooshin didn’t even bother to say anything.

 

Luckily, EXO’s manager spoke at last.

 

“Such cute girls, don’t be shy, you guys get a chance to interact with EXO. You can ask any questions as long as it doesn’t get too personal, and we will surely play some games together as well.”

 

Yooshin and Minhae got together with EXO eventually, Minhae got out of her comfort zone and she started to chat with EXO excitedly, while Yooshin just sat there and watched.

 

“You know I’m such a big fan of you guys, when I know I have a chance to see you all, I got too excited and didn’t properly sleep for days. You guys look so much more handsome in real life~” Minhae said, fangirling hard.

 

“Ah, jinjjayo? Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it. We will continue to work hard.” Chanyeol laughed and replied.

 

“Minhae-ah, who’s your favorite in EXO?” Baekhyun asked

 

“Eh?” Minhae was surprised for such sudden ask, she answered shyly “It…it’s Kris oppa…” Minhae took a quick glance at Kris.

 

“Oh.” Baekhyun’s face quickly changed into disappointment, making the members laugh, and joking said, “Gapsong~”

 

Kris, on the other side, did a quick victory dance, and smiled to Minhae.

“Oppa likes you too~” (Awww, such sweet Kris.) The others members all covered their faces in embarrassment and giggled as they couldn’t stand such side of Kris.

 

Yooshin rolled her eyes slightly, she grinned, Minhae must be dying right now. And to no one’s surprise, Minhae was blushing like crazy and she couldn’t even look at Kris now.

 

Baekhyun noticed Yooshin didn’t say anything yet, he asked, “Hey you over there, what’s your name?”

 

Yooshin was quite startled, since all attention was on her now. She coldly replied, “My name is Kim Yooshin.”

“Ah,” Baekhyun laughed dryly “Yooshin-ssi, do you have a favorite in EXO?”

 

Yooshin was about to say “no” when Minhae pinched her, and gave her a JUST-SAY-ANYONE’S-NAME look.

 

Yooshin glared back in BUT-I-DON’T-KNOW-ANYONE’S-NAME look.

 

The situation turned awkward again, EXO were all looking at Yooshin, waiting for an answer, while Yooshin and Minhae were fidgeting with each other.  

 

Minhae just couldn’t let this continue, so she decided to say it for her.

“Her favorite is Kai oppa, she is just too shy to say it out…hahaha” Minhae knew right from the moment that she’s gonna get killed for this, but she could never make EXO feel uncomfortable, right?

 

“Not me again…” Baekhyun pouted, “But Kai’s cool, I approve.” He said with a cheesy smile, followed by Kai’s cute little laugh afterwards.

 

Just as when Yooshin thought everything is going to settle down that she could go back in peace, Suho asked a question.

 

“Do you guys have any talents that you can show us? Anything is okay.” Suho suggested, with his signature angelic face, it’s hard for Yooshin to get mad at him, now she better stop Minhae…

 

“Oh yes! Yooshin is SUUUPERRRR good at dancing!!” Minhae squealed

 

. Too late.