Dresses

Dresses - Jackson

The late morning sun shined down on your skin while you sat in an armed chair with your legs over one of the arm rests. A blanket cascaded over your legs and was bunched up around your waist. One of your school books sat in your hands while you rolled your eyes and sighed at ever paragraph break and page turn.

Jackson, your boyfriend, looked in through your glass back doors. Watching your shoulders move with your big breaths and you rolling your head every once and a while, just trying to find an excuse to stop reading this book.

Bringing his fist up to the glass window, he carefully knocked on it. Watching your reaction, your head perked up but shook it off, he knocked once again. This time your head turned and looked over your shoulder.

In an instant, your facial expression changed from bored and done to excited and happy. Throwing the blanket off of your lap and marking your book, you threw it on the chair behind you as you trotted up to the sliding glass doors. Unlocking them and sliding them open, you wrapped your arms around him with a smile on your face.

"I missed you." You whispered against his chest while his arms wrapped tightly around you.

"I have a little surprise for you." He rested his head on yours with a big smile on his face.

"Really? What is it?" You looked up at him with wide eyes.

"You’ll see, can I take you away for a few hours?" He asked looking around not seeing anything interesting happening in your house.

"Of course!" You smiled brighter by the second.

"Let’s go then." Jackson smiled lacing his fingers with yours and walking with you to the front of your hours.

"Where are you taking me?" You asked cutely, swinging your hand with his between the two of you.

"You’ll see." He smirked at you

"But can’t I know now?" You whined a little.

"Yah I could not show you at all." He stopped in his tracks and looked at you.

"No, please show me." You apologized then he started walking again.

"Will I be okay going to this place in what I am wearing?" You asked, breaking the silence while tugging on the hem of your shirt.

"You always look beautiful and perfect." He leans over and kisses your head before pulling the door open for you.

"We’re here" He says quietly while the bell on the door sounded through the shop.

"W-What are we doing in a dress shop?" You stuttered while your eyes got wide scanning the shop then making your way to his eyes.

He chuckles. “Well I haven’t seen you in a dress yet and I would like to invite you to some of the award ceremonies and such. I mean, if you will go with me.” He rubbed his arm gently avoiding your eyes.

"I would love to go with you." You leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Come on, help me look for some pretty dresses." With a smile on your face, you let go of his hand so the two of you could look through the store faster.

Some dresses draped over your arm while you looked on the other side of the store. Jackson was looking through the rack of dresses, holding one up after another to your distant body, seeing which one would look better on you.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a man that worked at the store approach you.

Jackson watched him carefully, his hands pointed to other dresses leading you to some that you might like. Asking you a few more questions he took the dresses from your hands and put them in a dressing room for you, but somehow Jackson didn’t feel right about this guy.

Making his way over to you, Jackson held up the few dresses that he found.

"How about these?" Jackson asked you, keeping his eye on the approaching salesman.

"They are really pretty, do you think I can even wear these?" You questioned thinking that they looked way too pretty for you to even try on.

"I think you would look fantastic in them." He smiled while you turned around and handed them to the guy to put in the changing room.

"I would suggest that you would try some of them on now Miss." The salesman said with a smirk, gently biting his lip while his eyes scanned you.

"Thanks I think I will." You say taking Jackson’s hand and leading him to the seated area just outside of the changing rooms. He sits down in one of the chairs while you disappear behind one of the wooden doors.

The salesman stood outside of your door, Jackson kept his eyes on him before you came out and took his breath away with your first dress, it was a black sweetheart neckline dress that hugged your curves beautifully, it was long but with a flare at the bottom, a slit up your leg just above the knee and a beautiful white belt and flower to accentuate your curves.

Adjusting himself in his seat, Jackson let out a little whistle falling speechless under your gaze.

"Hmmmmm, I think this one suits you, classy yet elegant." The salesman said, you kept your eyes on Jackson with a smile and slight blush coming onto your cheeks.

"Let’s try something." The salesman said as he grabbed some jewelry and put a white and black bracelet on you. Gathering your hair in his hands, he put your hair over one shoulder then smoothed the dress out with his hands.

Jackson was now becoming furious, who was this guy? Did he want to come to this store just to have his girlfriend smoothed out by another guy? He wouldn’t take this.

"Hey, this is really pretty, how about I buy it and we can go." Jackson acting a little more antsy than usual.

"I like this dress a lot, but I can pay for it, you don’t need to." You said while Jackson walked around you pushing the salesman out of the way as he bit his lip at you.

"I want to, it is a present. Now let’s go get some shoes to go with that dress." Jackson convinced you. Nodding you headed back to change into your street clothes while Jackson moved his harsh gaze to the salesman.

"You’re a lucky man." The salesman patted Jackson’s shoulder.

"Thanks, but she is all mine, and I saw all of the little moves that you were making on her." Jackson said narrowing his eyes at the man.

"Well you can’t blame me, she is gorgeous." The salesman smiled in awe.

"Stay away from her." Jackson threatened quietly before you came out with the dress over your shoulder.

Heading up to the register, he paid for the dress against your better judgement.

"Have a good day" The salesman said as the two of you were walking away. Jackson looked back at him while the other guys’ eyes raked up and down your body. Using his two fingers he pointed to his eyes and then pointed them at the guys, ‘I have my eyes on you’.