Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday - Jonghyun

The sticky sound of bare feet on a wood floor was the only sound heard through the dorm of SHINee. Moving from one of the shared bedrooms to the other, Key could hardly keep his excitement inside him. Reaching the other bedroom, he grasped the handle, carefully turning it and pushing the door open while the hinges ached with their low moans. Tip toeing into the bedroom, two people slept inside. Jonghyun, the birthday boy, and Minho. Key looked at both of the bodies trying to tell which one was which.

With both of their hair messed up and their room mostly dark, he tapped his lips while puffing out his lips. Sighing, he walked into the room while he knelt down and looked at the sleeping faces to try and see who it was.

Still not being able to tell who it was, he gently patted the guy’s shoulder as a moan came out from his mouth, his eyes opened and Key smiled down at him.

"Go back to sleep, I was going to wake up Jonghyun." Key smiled while Minho waved him off and fell back to sleep. Key walked over to the other body and shook his shoulder.

"What?" Jonghyun mumbled slightly opening his eyes.

"Let’s go shopping, I want a new outfit." Key whiled quietly.

"Go with _______-ah." Jonghyun rolled over to the other side.

"She is still sleeping, come on. You have good fashion sense." Key begged as Jonghyun sat up.

"Alright, let me get dressed." Jonghyun patted Key’s shoulder.

"Thank you." Key happily ruffled Jonghyun’s hair before hopping out of the room and closing the door behind him.

"It’s all set, _______-ssi." Key gave you the double thumbs up.

"Thank you, Key. Here is some money for you and Jonghyun but make sure that he gets something nice for himself too." You smiled handing him a card with your money inside.

"Wah, you really are the best!" Key gave you a big yet quick hug before running to his room to get dressed. Taking your place behind the couch, the door to Jonghyun’s room swung open. Watching him run his fingers through his hair, he yawned while his white t shirt and jeans clung to his body.

Moving over to the couch, he sat down waiting for Key to join him. Rubbing his eyes, he yawned again, before Key came running over to him.

"Let’s go!" Key said happily almost pulling Jonghyun off of the couch and out of the door.

Seeing Key’s enthusiasm you couldn’t help but chuckle, once the front door slammed shut, you waited a few more moments before moving from your hiding spot.

Shuffling to Jonghyun’s room, you opened the door and the lights. Minho groaned turning over and pulling the blanket over his head.

"Get up sleepy head, we have a lot to do before Jonghyun comes home for his party." You sang while skipping to the other bedroom.

"Boys, let’s get up!" You smiled turning on their light as well before the members started to wake up and Minho walked into the room where you were.

"What did you say?" Minho yawned sliding his hands into his pockets.

"I want to throw a party for Jonghyun’s birthday today." You smiled.

"Okay" Onew whispered sitting up in his bed.

"Where were you thinking of having it?" Taemin asked excitedly.

"I was thinking that maybe you guys had an idea." You played with your fingers while the members got up and yawned.

"What about the park?" Taemin bounced on his bed with the new idea.

"I like it! Then we can hang lanterns from the trees and have it all romantic" Onew said dreamily while Minho rolled his eyes.

"He would like it even if you were the only one there, _______-ah" Minho pointed out and left to go get something to eat. You blushed knowing that he was right, yet you wanted to do something for your boyfriend.

"Okay, get dressed and meet me at the Five Acres Park." You called to the boys while you skipped out of their dorm and back to yours to get ready for the party.

Working all day on the venue to make it perfect for Jonghyun, you slipped away slipping on a black dress with heels, you curled your hair just the way that he liked it. Heading back to the park, the boys were supposed to finish the decorations and getting the cake before Jonghyun would be coming any time.

Reaching the park, you looked around while the sky started to darken with the sun dipping down behind the horizon.

"Why do I have to wear this?" Jonghyun asked as he put on a black blazer over his white t shirt making him look classy yet casual.

"I can’t tell you for the hundredth time, just know that _______-ssi will be there." Key sung happily, Jonghyun’s mood changed as he quickly turned around and looked in the mirror trying to fix his hair.

"Do I look handsome enough for her?" He questions worriedly.

"You do. Let’s go or we will be late." Key pulled Jonghyun’s arm, paying for the jacket and Key’s new outfit then heading to the park.

Walking around the area, people started to come that Jonghyun told you he wanted to invite to his party. You smiled while the members looked perfectly classy and causal as well. The soft roar of the guests talking you just smiled happily knowing that Jonghyun would love it.

"Close your eyes." Key said seeing the party around the corner.

"Why? Won’t ______ want to see my eyes?" Jonghyun struck a model pose.

"I am sure she won’t miss them just this once." Key reassured grabbing Jonghyun’s hands and placing them over his eyes. "I’ll guide you just don’t look whatever you do."

Jonghyun nodded, you saw them rounding the corner while the boys and you got everyone acquainted with the ‘surprise’ that you were going to give him.

"1… 2… 3…" You whispered and held up your fingers while you nodded at Key to take Jonghyun’s hands from over his eyes.

"Surprise!" The crowd roared as Jonghyun’s eyes popped open in surprise.

The white, paper lanterns hung from the tress gently lit with lights inside of them. A beautiful wooden dance floor sat on the grass with a DJ behind his mixer table. A cake table, a table for the gifts and a snack table, everything just made him surprised.

"Happy Birthday Jonghyun!" The crowd roared again while Jonghyun smiled brightly and started to twirl around.

"Go have fun." Key pushed him lightly into the crowd of his friends.

Standing on the outskirts of the crowd, you watched Jonghyun mingle and laugh with his friends. You really haven’t seen him any happier than this moment.

"You should go up to him." Key bumped you with his hip against yours.

"He is busy." You smiled at him while you heard his iconic laugh.

"We can fix that." Onew smiled while the four boys trotted over to Jonghyun.

The next thing you knew, Jonghyun was bowing in front of you with his hand outstretched.

"Can I have a dance with my beautiful and amazing girlfriend?" He smiled up at you while his eyes twinkled under the paper lanterns.

"I’d love to." Placing your hand in his.

The DJ changed the song to a slow ballad, he lead you to the middle of the dance floor, his hands gently rested on your hips while your hands clasped behind his neck.

"You look really handsome tonight." You softly remarked.

"You’re wearing my favorite color." He smiled at you causing you to blush. Wanting to hide your blush, you moved closer to him while his arms wrapped around you tightly.

"Thank you for the surprise party, it is amazing." He whispered against your ear while the two of you swayed together.

"It was my pleasure. I wanted to repay you back somehow." You whispered back before kissing his cheek. "Happy Birthday, Jonghyun."

Under the soft light of the lanterns everyone danced and enjoyed themselves while you wondered how you are going to outdo yourself next year.