what can they say if he just too dense?

20.

20

/ If Taylor Swift said 22, Sehun would say 20 on April 12. /


[April 1]

“What will you get for him?”

That was the first thing that Jongin greet when he met Baekhyun at the café he’s working at.

Jongin blinked and said his order before frowns, “Who did you mean?”

Baekhyun told his order to one of the baristas—Jongin knew him as one of Baekhyun’s senior there—before counting with his cashier machine and frowns, “What, you don’t know?”

His eyebrows scrunched. “I wouldn’t ask if I knew who you meant.”

Baekhyun shrugs before scoffed and continued to counting. “Then never mind.”

Jongin’s eyebrows scrunched harder.

Before he even has a chance to interrupt Baekhyun, Jongin’s order came with the older automatically said “Two chocolate bubble teas, one cheese cake, and one tiramisu cake. That would be 17,500₩.” The younger automatically fished his wallet out of his pocket and paid as spoken before tried to ask what does Baekhyun meant but he interrupted Jongin again with “You should go, there’s so much people who lined behind you.” which is mean, indirectly shushed him and avoided the topic.

Jongin is really wondering right now.

Who did Baekhyun mean by ‘him’? There’s so much ‘him’ that Jongin can included too, or maybe Chanyeol—Baekhyun’s best friend (and secret crush), or Kyungsoo, or Jongdae, or Joonmyeon, or Tao, or Yifan, or Yixing, or Luhan, or Sehun—

Just which ‘him’?

He doesn’t really remember if there’s someone’s birthday on this month either.

Jongin has no choice but get out of the line and heading where Sehun is waiting him with his ears plugged with headphones and sometimes drummed his fingers on the table.

Ah, how cute.

He gently moved Sehun’s left headset before whispered right on his ear, “Your order has arrived sir.”

Sehun flinched before looks up and sighed, “Don’t do that.”

Jongin only grinned before took a seat in front of Sehun and began to bring up about their future trip that both of them have planned since Sehun got discharged from hospital, which responded by the younger’s smiles and his recommendation about places that popular while he practiced his Japanese with Jongin.

But to be honest, he still wondering about what was Baekhyun meaning earlier. He just like—no, he death curious about it.

Is Baekhyun really meant it or he just fooled Jongin since it was April Fools?


[April 2]

“Jongin-ah, what’s your plan to surprise him later?”

Chanyeol—how rare, yes—approached Jongin when he has lunch with Kyungsoo as usual in cafeteria with his usual goofy—or idiot, he doesn’t really sure—grins while suddenly put his arm around Jongin’s neck.

Jongin frowned while silently looks up to Chanyeol in confusion.

The tall man frowned back and speaks up with poking Jongin’s cheek, “What’s with that face?”

He put his chopsticks on the bowl before responded, “Who did you mean?”

Chanyeol’s frown deepened before he looked like realized about something and reflexively let go of his arm and stands right away which makes Jongin confused even more, but the older didn’t really care about the younger male’s stare before left them—Kyungsoo is a bit forgotten here—in silence.

He even didn’t bother to bid farewell to them (which is rare since Chanyeol always describes himself as Jongin’s ultimate fans and sometimes doing something stupid only to get his attentions).

“…what’s with him Hyung?” Jongin asked confusedly to Kyungsoo who too immersed in his cooking magazines.

Kyungsoo only shrugs and speaks up, “Chanyeol’s always been like that, so don’t mind him.”

“But he’s your hyung…”

Jongin only dumbfounded when Kyungsoo shrugs him off with continuously reading his magazine.


[April 3]

“Jongin-ah!”

He almost choked because of Jongdae—he recognized his voice, the clean voice one—‘s sudden back hug.

Jongin coughed before harshly shove Jongdae off of his back and pat his back because hell, he just finished his dance practice just a minute ago and his body really tired and yet Jongdae suddenly attacked his weak body—which makes his body a bit ached of sudden force on his skins.

Jongdae pouted—it should be looks cute like Sehun’s but he ended up looked like a combination of a dinosaurs and a camel so no, it’s gross—and lightly smacks his back—Jongin groaned for the second time but the older didn’t really care—before speaks up, “Hey, I heard that you’re planning to have a trip with Sehun.”

Jongin nodded—Kyungsoo must be the one who told him since they’re really close—and replied, “Yeah, but not that soon since we still saving our money up. Why?”

And he saw Jongdae was grinning like idiot before pats—slaps—his back proudly said, “You already are mature aren’t you?”

“…what was that for Hyung?” Jongin looks dumbfounded.

Jongdae smirked before nudge the younger with his elbow on Jongin’s ribs—he reflexively groaned—and whispered, “Are you planning to bang him—” Jongin spontaneously face-palmed Jongdae away. “—yah! What are you—“

He shook his head furiously. “Hyung, seriously, no, don’t go there.

The older blinked and tilted his head, confused. “Why? Isn’t that normal since we’re still teenagers?”

Hyung, you’re twenties.

“I’m still teenagers at heart.” Jongin feigns barf but Jongdae just shrugs it off and speaks up, “Are you guys celebrating something that made you two has plan to have a trip?”

Jongin silently shook his head.

The older frowned. “Really?”

He nodded in confusion.

“When will you go anyway?”

Jongin wondered for a bit before answered, “I’m not really sure, we haven’t saves enough money yet; maybe on our first anniversary?”

Jongdae frowned, but he just sighed before pats Jongin’s shoulder and murmurs “It’s a big lost you know.” before left Jongin in confusion, like, really like a child who lost in the middle of main district and no one can help you.

Jongin just really can’t understand.

What the heck.


[April 4]

Yixing’s usual smiles greeted Jongin when he entered the locker.

Jongin returned with a thin smile before changed his pants into a tracksuit and pulled his hair up in silence. He’s tired by the pile of papers that his professor gave but he can’t help it; it’s his duty as university student, but still… it was eating Jongin alive—mentally and physically.

And those three beagles who wandered around him since three days ago makes him really wondering what did they mean by it like, they gave him hints but he just couldn’t catch what is it.

The hints were so subtle anyway.

The older Chinese male poking his shoulder, trying to get Jongin’s attention, before spoke, “What will you do with him on that day? Are you celebrating and such?”

His face crumpled into frowns.

“No?”

“…um, I…”

Jongin doesn’t know what to say either.

“I’ll take that as no then.” Yixing shifted on his chair before stands up and walks heading the door, left Jongin a bit dumbfounded of his hyung’s unusual character. “I think you should prepare something for him real soon or you’ll regret later.”

He blinked.

Yixing left him alone in the locker room before Sehun entered—he greeted Yixing first—and frowned with Jongin’s recent state. He commented in confusion, “What’s with you?”

“Don’t bother me.”

“What?”


[April 5]

In sickness and in health, in poor and in rich—“

Tao what are you doing.” Jongin shoots him a rather incredulous stare. “Do you really know what does that mean? Isn’t that English?”

Tao looks up and Jongin was sighing before throw his bag on the chair and slumped himself on the couch, which got a weird stares from the older but he didn’t really care; Tao was the one who invited him on the department store because he wants to buy something for Yifan and asked him for a help.

And there he is, in Tao’s dorm with Yifan’s stares shoots him, in confused way.

Why Tao asked him to go together from his dorm anyway? They can just go straight to the department store and bam, their business done and he can get his desired rest right away.

“Yifan-ge told me to practicing this.” It’s Jongin’s turn to shoots the older stares. He and his lame tricks. “Are you ready to go?”

“Can I just rest for a moment because heck why university is so damn busy.”

“But it’s not that hard—“

Jongin throws Tao the couch’s pillow which makes him got stares by Yifan, but he didn’t really care—like always. “English Literature is hard you know. You’ll felt like you have to re-read all of your Literature books on your Senior High School and yet we should collect much data on oh-so-old books—based on what the professor recommended—which sometimes you can’t found it anywhere and that make you feeling yourself drawn into it.”

Yifan scoffed, “What a wonderful words did you have there.”

“The hell did you say Hyung.”

Yifan ignored the younger before walks towards the door and speaks up in Chinese—which Jongin didn’t really understand because he spoke so fast. Tao nodded in return and waved his hands until the older close the door.

Jongin sighed before stands up and nudges Tao with his foot on his side. “Shall we go?”

Tao nodded and he locks the door before he walks on Jongin’s side on the way department store under his guidance. Jongin still wondering though; Sehun is Tao’s favorite junior, so why he asked Jongin instead of him?

It makes Jongin a bit suspicious.

“What do you want to buy anyway?”

Jongin decided to ask the older with frowns stay still.

Tao glanced at him before replied “Maybe something that looks fancy? How about Gucci—”

He immediately shook his head and reached the older male’s shoulder and interrupted, “How about no.”

Tao whines, “But their products are great!”

“For your taste, yes; for Yifan-hyung’s wallet, no.” Jongin sighed before they stopped in front of the department store. “You’re using his credit card, aren’t you?”

Tao grinned innocently.

Jongin sighed before entered his favorite shop and greeted Amber who was in the middle of cleaning the suit section. He dragged Tao to accessories section before he said about this kind of accessory will fits Yifan-hyung well or maybe you should buy a couple bracelet for him, he must be like it and he got approval from the older male with an enthusiasm nod.

He just watched when Tao started to eyeing the accessories—he didn’t really like to use one so he didn’t really interested to, but he thinks a ring would be perfect for Sehun to use. Like, a wedding ring

Jongin shrugged the thought off before looks up to Tao who cheerfully—like a girl in Jongin’s eyes—still eyeing the accessories while his fingers began to choose, “When’s Yifan-hyung’s birthday anyway?”

Tao averted his gaze to Jongin before replied, “It’s November 6, why?”

He frowned but he decided to quiet and wait for Tao to finish his shopping and go home with a pile of papers has waiting for him on his table.

Something doesn’t feel right here


[April 6]

Jongin just arrived in front of Kyungsoo’s house when the owner of squishy cheeks was locking the door in silence, not even realize his presence there.

Huh?

Where is he planning to go?

Hyung?”

Kyungsoo turned his back before sighed and put the key on his pocket. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be with Sehun?”

“No, he has his own plan with his family.” Jongin cringed while rubbed his neck. “And I thought I can spend my time with you since your parents are away….”

The older male waved his hands and scoff, “Nah, no need, I have my own plan either. Joonmyeon-hyung invited me to somewhere—oh, here he is. Bye.”

Jongin left deadpanned right there.

Kyungsoo passed Jongin, but he silenced for a moment before turned his back, “Do you know why I’m going with Joonmyeon-hyung?”

“What, have a date? Have fun then.” Jongin scoffed.

He clutched his head before flicked Jongin’s forehead. “No you silly, we’re going to looking for a present for your beloved.”

His beloved…?

“Anyway, I have to go. See you.”

Kyungsoo left him dumbfounded before he deep frowned and try to figure who does Kyungsoo meant with his beloved.

His beloved…

His beloved…

His beloved—

He meant his mother?


[April 7]

“You’ve got something for him?”

Jongin—who just arrived at the locker room—nonchalantly scoffed.

This kind of question again….

“Why everybody asked me that?”

Yifan frowned and closed his locker before spoke, “Isn’t that obvious since his day is getting near?”

He opened his locker while grimaced, “Whose day? Kim Seojung?” he sighed and took his notes before locked his locker and turn his face to Yifan, “Hyung, seriously, tell me clearly; I’m not some magician who can guess something right away. I left clueless here.”

Instead of answering him, Yifan sighed while leaned his over-tall body on locker and incredulously stares him. Jongin’s eyebrows scrunched, but he is waiting for the older Chinese male to answer.

His thin lips formed in a sentence before he left Jongin in confusion there, not caring the younger male’s fierce stares which furiously rampage his back when Jongin realized what does he meant.

The hell.

Yifan spoke in Chinese.

Jongin only get the stupid part of his sentence.

What’s with him?!


[April 8]

Joonmyeon was occupying his seat when Jongin approached Kyungsoo in cafeteria as usual.

He sighed before took another seat beside Kyungsoo and silently ate his lunch. He doesn’t really want to bother them since they were so serious—they were in the middle of discussing something—and the air around them is so thick that makes him a bit suffocated of the heavy atmosphere.

As expected from the ex-exchange student(s).

“What do you think about making Black Forest for him?”

“I don’t mind, but Hyung, that’s lame. It’s old fashioned.”

“Then…” Jongin really didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but his ears happen to be there, so what can he say? “What about a yure log? I remember Baekhyun said your cousin bought it for him.”

Kyungsoo hummed before speaks up, “In that case, maybe we can—“

Hyung, you guys want to make a cake?”

Both of them flinched in surprise and saw Jongin in shock.

“…what’s with that face?” Jongin frowned. Hell, he doesn’t even know what were they doing and his appearance seems disturbing—no, intruding their oh-so-rare meeting.

Joonmyeon shook his head while Kyungsoo’s eyes widen impossibly larger like usual before he continued to read his majesty magazine. He coughed for a few times before manages to answer Jongin, “Um, we were surprised because of you. That was it.”

Jongin’s frown deepened, “But I always with Kyungsoo-hyung here when lunch. You’re the one who made me surprised.”

The older male coughed one more time before speaks up, “Put that aside, yes, we do. We are planning to make a birthday cake.”

His face lightens up and beamed, “Can I join?”

Before Joonmyeon answered, Kyungsoo interrupted him with mouthing a “No.” right away.

“Why?” Jongin exclaimed.

Joonmyeon softly covered Kyungsoo’s mouth with his hand before the younger even have a chance to say something harsher in Jongin’s opinion and he spoke instead, “Sorry, but I don’t think I can count you in since we make it for someone. I don’t mean to offend you, but…”

Oh.

Um.

Okay.

Okay he got it.

“Um, it is okay Hyung, I don’t really mind.” Jongin shook his head in guilt—but his brain rapidly looking for great excuse to changing off the topic. “Anyway, good luck with your plan. I hope the one who eating it will be in bliss since Kyungsoo-hyung’s cooking skill is undoubtable.” He smiled and took his tray away before excused himself, “See you later Hyung!”

Joonmyeon smiles and waved his small hands as Jongin walks away from them while Kyungsoo struggled to get his hand off of his mouth.

Jongin sighed.

Heck, he misses Sehun.

He wants to do something like them with him too—huh?

Jongin blinked.

Wait.

Is there someone has a birthday in this month?


[April 9]

From: Majesty Lu Han-ssi
what are you doing, seriously.

Jongin frowned when he suddenly got a message from Luhan in the middle of his class.

He peeked to the professor to not get caught before reads the entire message in confusion. Luhan never send messages to him unless it’s important—he always the one who sent him first, but with suddenly scolds him it just….

From: Majesty Lu Han-ssi
what are you doing, seriously.
how could you forgot his day?
no, wait, if you still don’t get what I meant then never mind, it’s useless to talk with you.

Whut.

What was his problem? Whose day does he mean? And why he suddenly scolded him like that? What’s his fault?

To: Majesty Lu Han-ssi
what do you mean?

Jongin sighed and put his phone back in his pocket—his phone buzzed after a second that makes him fished his phone out again and read it with a frown.

From: Majesty Lu Han-ssi
don’t mind me.

“The hell did he say—”

“I think we’re not talking about hell Kim-ssi. We were talking about Abraham Lincoln.”

Crap. Is he voiced his mind that loud?

Jongin stiffly shifted his gaze on his professor—Mr. Choi, smile killer yet sadist—before splutters in panic, “I—uh, I mean—I… I’m—”

“Would you explain what kinds of hell are you talking about in front of class or you’d rather get out of my class?” Mr. Choi’s gaze began intense as he looked right into Jongin—Jongin shivers out cold.

Jongin shook his head in panic. “I—I’m sorry sir, I-I was spaced out.”

Mr. Choi smiles wide ear to ear—no, it’s not a good sign—before put his platinum pointer on the table and walked closer to the whiteboard.

Jongin broke cold sweats.

“GET OUT OF MY CLASS!”

Mr. Choi suddenly banged the whiteboard which makes the students flinched in shock—especially Jongin who feels his frighten doubled as before and makes his cold sweats broke faster.

“S-sir, I—”

“Get out. Now!”

He quickly nodded before rushed tidying his table and takes his bag. He rushes downward to the door and slightly bowed to Mr. Choi and hurriedly runs away when the students were laughing of him with his face flushed red of embarrassment—he is so humiliated for God’s sake.

His flushed redder when he realized that Sehun was one of them—the one who laughing at him—as he runs faster, away from his class.

Damn Luhan and his nosy habit and his annoying ing and his—

(Wait, he never saw Luhan ing at him before so he’ll take his words back.)


[April 10]

Bonheur Café—the café that he usually visits with Sehun—was surprisingly vacant when he paid a visit after his classes are done.

Thanks to Luhan, he got additional papers from Mr. Choi to write an article about Abraham Lincoln’s Glory, detailed, no copy pasting raw from internet, and he should looks it in library’s old book—a real old one.

Jongin sighed.

He should asks Yixing later; that male’s major is History, he must be knew some of Abraham Lincoln’s history. He took a note of it.

“Welcome to Bonheur Café! How may I help you?”

That was the first thing he got when he approached the cashier to order coffee in his (their—Jongin’s and Sehun’s) usual cafe.

“Where’s Baekhyun-hyung?” Jongin frowned when he realized that Baekhyun wasn’t the one who on cashier. He squinting his eyes to read his nametag and pronounced it. “Kim Minseok...?”

He nodded and smiles brightly, “Yes, that’s my name; you can call me Minseok. Unfortunately, Baekhyun’s not present; he has something that he should take care of. What would you like to order?”

“Um—” whoa, this Kim Minseok guy is really cute—but not as cute as Sehun though, Jongin minded before ordered, “I’d like one Americano, please.”

“Anything else do you want to order?”

“One salmon sandwich—“

“Can I order your love instead?”

He suddenly felt his body got pushed by someone that almost made his forehead kissed the cashier’s machine.

It must be—

“Jongdae-hyung, can you please stop abusing my back so gracefully?” Jongin harshly shove the older male off his back and continued to order while ignored his hyung, “I’m sorry. I mean, I’d like to order one salmon sandwich please.”

Jongdae grins before speaks up, “What, it’s not new anyway.” He leaned his elbow on the counter and winked to that Kim Minseok guy flirtatiously before greets him, “Hi Hyung!”

That Kim Minseok guy almost pressed a wrong button—Jongdae chuckled and mouthing “You’re not changed at all.” before smiles earnestly.

Jongin frowned before asks in confusion, “Do you know him by any chance?”

Jongdae frowned back, but he still answers, “Of course I am, he’s my boyfriend you know.”

What?

“Don’t mind him. He just bluffs things.” Minseok sighed while worked his cashier machine and he ignored Jongdae’s whines before spoke to one of waitresses there, “One Americano and one salmon sandwich!”

Jongin stares them in silence.

Well, they looked good together though—

Wait.

“You called him Hyung?”

Jongdae’s pout stay still but he manages to answer—although Jongin believes that he must be really sulking right now—with a nod came along, “He’s in same age with Luhan-hyung and Yifan-hyung after all.”

He frowned. “You’re kidding.” Someone this cute is older than me?

Jongdae shook his head, “I’m not; he’s really in same age with them.”

Jongin averted his gaze to Minseok to asking confirmation—too much to his surprise, Minseok nodded in agreement and firmly said, “I’m 24, why?”

“You’re so gifted!” Jongin exclaimed.

Minseok chuckled before the cashier machine pops up how much Jongin should pay while stated, “I get that a lot. One Americano and one salmon sandwich; that would be 11,000₩.”

He quickly pulling out his wallet and giving Minseok the money as told before smiles, “You must be always mistaken as high school student.”

“And he always almost got harassed when he took a bus.” Jongdae is middling them with grunts and he whines on Minseok again, “Hyung! Why are you so cold? Aren’t I your boyfriend?”

Minseok receiving the money and giving Jongin’s order while sighed, “Jongdae, please, I’m at work now.”

“And yet you used to be so cute when on bed—“

He was showed by Minseok who stuffing Jongdae’s dinosaurs face with a French bread near counter harshly—he awkwardly grimaced when he saw Jongdae was choked in pain while Minseok was awkwardly (not-so-accidentally) coughed with his cheeks flushed hard.

Minseok must have it hard huh…

The older male nonchalantly ignored Jongdae before averts his gaze on Jongin, “Are you Jongin by any chance?”

Jongin abruptly looks up and nodded, “Y-yes, I am.”

Minseok hummed before took something from his apron’s pocket and gave it to him, “He said I should give you this since there’s a possibility you’ll come today.”

Sehun must be the one who told Tao about yesterday and finally reached Baekhyun’s ears.

Jongin frowned before received the paper and opened it right away—but he ended up groaned in frustration and harshly put it on his jacket’s pocket without cares two pairs of eyes staring him in wonder.

He intended to leave the counter but Minseok is quicker; he hold Jongin with stated, “There’s one more.”

He turned his back while frowned, “What is it?”

“He said ‘Two more days to go’.”

That’s it. Jongin is so done.

’Hurry realize what do I meant or you’ll regret it forever.’

Jongin silenced for a moment. He sighed and murmured thanks before left the counter—he left Jongdae too who was still sulking after he got the French bread off his throat—while holding his tray to his usual table.

Just what is Baekhyun meant…?


[April 11]

Sehun was playing with Jongin’s hair on their class’ desk when their classes are done—Jongin was so tired because he stayed up for his papers yesterday and he still pissed as hell because of Baekhyun’s notes that makes him reluctant to get up of his seat and makes the younger male approached him instead.

Is he that stupid that Baekhyun should remind him something that he doesn’t even know what when he has chance to?

you really don’t get it even most of your seniors already tried to hinted you?
you fool.
I began to wonder why he falls for someone idiot like you.

B. B.

Damn Baekhyun and his secret crush on Chanyeol and his diva mode.

“You look so mess.”

Jongin sighed. “I know.”

Sehun smiles before pokes Jongin’s cheek and commented, “You looked more lifeless than me.”

“Then make me alive please. I’m so drained out of life.” Jongin whined.

The younger male chuckled before continuously pokes Jongin’s cheek and shook his head, “I can’t do that here.”

Jongin smiles in amusement (he is not thinking something dirty, mind you) and asks, “What do you want to do anyway?”

“I don’t know, maybe I can massage your back or cook something for you?” Sehun stopped playing Jongin’s hair and traces his fingertips on his face instead. “Or I can water you so you’ll feel refreshed.”

He sighed. “Sehun, I’m not a plant; you’ll just make my hair wet.”

“But you said you were drained, weren’t you?” Sehun teased.

Jongin face palmed. “I’m not drained in that way!” Sehun chuckled—it’s good to hear him to be like that but Jongin can’t help but frowned and commented, “You’re in a good mood.”

His gummy smiles stay still. “I remembered that I got a good watch two days ago; you and Mr. Choi in class.”

Jongin groaned. “You’re so evil.”

Sehun just laughed.

He just sighed before smiles plastered on his face while his fingers traces Sehun’s neck—he touched the place where Sehun got stabbed weeks ago—before commented, “Your scar’s gone.”

Sehun grabs Jongin’s hand and shove it away instead—Jongin was silenced and didn’t dare to say anything about it and just let it off instead—and nodded. “Yep, all clean like porcelain.” He looks up for a moment before spoke right into Jongin’s eyes, “Hey, you free tomorrow?”

He stares Sehun in confusion but nodded anyway, “What about it?”

The younger male pressed a thin smile on his face. “Let’s go somewhere.”

“Are you missed me that much?” Jongin grinned—he got his shoulder smacked by Sehun instead. “I prefer go to your room though.”

Sehun feigns his eyes to stare Jongin in disgust. “.”

Jongin just laughed before straighten his sit and spoke, “What, all I did in your room were only kissing you and hugging you, you know.”

“You forced me to sit on your laps.” He sighed while rolled his eyes.

“That’s because I can hug you better in that position.” Jongin’s lips pursed. “Well, put that aside, where do you exactly want to go?”

Sehun playfully puffed his cheeks and eyes began to wonder, left Jongin with his gazes trailing on him.

Jongin smiles softly and just let him be.

It’s been almost three weeks since that incident happened and yet Sehun already move on with that nonchalant face of his—but Jongin knew, he knew so well, that Sehun pretended it’s not really a big matter anymore and faces him with more gummy smiles so he wouldn’t really worry anymore.

Jongin just glad that Sehun still alive, still on his side.

He played Sehun’s fingers with sometimes massaging it but the younger male really didn’t pay attention of him and instead—Jongin guessed—still wondered where they should go. He doesn’t mind if his wallet rots because of Sehun; it’s his duty anyway, as long as the younger male is happy, he’ll happy too.

As long as Sehun doesn’t ask him something that out of his ability, he’ll do it with put his life on it.

Something was flashed on his mind on that time—Jongin’s eyebrows scrunched for a moment before just shrugs it off; nah, he’ll just do it later. He is not going to waste his time only for thinking something else if something that occupied his minds the most is in front of his face, with his usual nonchalant face stayed on his firm face.

It’s not like Jongin really mind Sehun to wear that face since he knew how all of those will change if it’s just two of them.

“Jongin.”

He felt his shoulder was shaken by the younger before blinked and replied, “Yeah? What is it?”

Sehun asks, “What about a movie?”

Jongin frowned. “That’s it?” Sehun nodded. “Not that I mind, but are you sure? We can visit somewhere else too—”

“We never went to a cinema, aren’t we?”

Then it beats Jongin when he realized that yes they never went to a cinema before because they usually just visits each other’s house or well, go to their usual department store or Bonheur café.

Um. Well. That’s that.

“Sure, if you insist.” He stands up and gives a hand to Sehun to get up. “Like usual?”

Sehun took Jongin’s arm and gets up too. “9 am. Yep.”

“I will really go home if you’re still sleeping when I’m arriving.”

“No worries, I got a new alarm breaker. Everything’s settled.”

“But no some cheesy romance movie please.”

“I thought you like that kind of movies though. You’re so sappy like in those movies.”

Jongin pulls Sehun’s ear and got his groans as reply.


[April 12]

Have you gives him presents?
- Cold City Guy-
Hyung

What will you guys do today?
- Huang Zitao

I do hope you know what day it is.
Really, if you don’t I’ll resigned as your ultimate fans.
(and please, remember or Baekhyun will kill me and I still love my life.)

- Park Chanderp-hyung

Remember what did I tell you earlier or I’ll kill Chanyeol.
I’m dead serious.
- Byun BaekDiva-
hyung
(Jongin changed his name contact since April 1st. It suits Baekhyun better anyway.)

Um, Jongin-ah, make sure you give him presents or say happy birthday to him or you’ll regret it.
Seriously.
I’ve forgot Luhan’s birthday once and he ended up ignoring me for a whole month and it really tortured me.
I just don’t want you to suffer the same.
(fyi I got scolded by Luhan right now so please do something about it)
- Zhang Yixing-
hyung

Do something about your malfunctioned brain.
-
Majesty Lu Han-ssi

Jongin-ah! Cheerish him well and say hi to him for me!
You better know what day it is okay!
- Kim Jongdae-
hyung

It’s me, Kim Minseok.
I got your number from Jongdae and he told me that you forgot something important about your cherished one.
you better make up soon.
just saying.
- Kim Minseok-
hyung
(Okay, he has saved Minseok’s contact.)

Jongin?
Kyungsoo told me that today you’ll have plan with him so you better makes him happy okay?
today’s a special day for him after all.
- Kim Joonmyeon-
hyung
(Kyungsoo must be the one who made Joonmyeon’s contact on his phone.)

Jongin sighed before put his phone off and leaned his back on the seat that Sehun has picked for them in cinema.

Oh my God.

For got nine messages in the morning which were filled by threats surely not a good morning alarm for him (and not that he really cared if Baekhyun will kill Chanyeol—Baekhyun wouldn’t dare anyway—or Chanyeol will resigned as his ultimate fans).

Sure, he’ll do it, but… who do they mean?

And… it’s Saturday right? He remembered though.

He sighed before put his phone on his pocket and he slumped himself on his seat more.

To be honest they almost picked The Unknown Known if they didn’t saw that there are more great movies are released today—Jongin doesn’t really want to watch something historical and heavy right now so he objected Sehun with a firm no. In the end they watched Hateship, Loveship—he knows the title is cheesy but whatever—and here he is, in back seat with Sehun is playing with his phone while he is leaning his head on the younger’s shoulder, waiting for the movie to play.

“Sehun.”

“Hm.”

“Sehun-ah.”

“Hmm.”

“Sehuuuuuuun.”

“What.”

“What are you doing?”

“Can’t you see?” Sehun shoved Jongin’s head off his shoulder before continued to tapping his phone. “Move, I can’t type properly.”

Jongin’s lips pursed but Sehun ignored him. He sighed before peeked Sehun’s phone without any meaning purpose and try to know what Sehun exactly doing with his phone—he doesn’t usually hold his phone unless he needed to so it wonders Jongin a bit.

From : Huang Zitao
Happy Birthday Sehun-ah!
are you going somewhere with Jongin?
hope he’ll remember your birthday though.
you know what? Luhan-ge has been mad since this morning because of Jongin looked like didn’t remember your birthday and I felt bad for Yixing-ge since he was the one who being scolded at.

…what?

To : Huang Zitao
um, thanks.
yeah, we’re going to a cinema today.
well, it’s ok if he doesn’t though; birthday’s not really that important after all.
…what’s with that hyung seriously.

Jongin’s eyes widened.

Before he even reacted with what was just he witness earlier his phone buzzed impatiently in his pocket. He quickly fished his phone out of his pocket and the screen popped out one new message from Kyungsoo.

From: Do Kyungsoo-hyung (he ever named Kyungsoo’s contact as The Owner of Owl Eyes but he got smacked on his gut when Kyungsoo found out and it hurts like hell so he changed it right away)
today’s Sehun’s birthday right?
I’ll leave the cake on your house and put it on fridge so make sure you give it to Sehun okay?
say hi to him.

Jongin is mentally slapped himself.

So that’s why he got hinted by all of his seniors about today approximately two weeks.

He felt guilt washed over his heart when Sehun just nonchalantly replied Tao’s message and doesn’t really bring up anything about today on him. Not even hinted him about what kind of day it is.

Ah, his heart really stings now.

When he wanted to fished his phone to reply Luhan’s message, Sehun pokes his elbow and tell him that the film almost start and he better doesn’t use his phone or it’ll disturb the others.

Jongin only nodded and obeyed Sehun, but his mind is on somewhere else.

(Jongin reminded himself when the movie is done, he should reply Luhan’s message as soon as possible.

He was the one who did wrong.

To: Majesty Luhan-ssi
...that’s kinda harsh but yes, maybe something’s wrong with my brain.)

.

The movie was end and in the end they were inside Jongin’s—his father’s—car while the car is running, but haven’t drove yet since they still decided where they should go.

The movie was great, Jongin admits, but he can’t really enjoy since his mind was full of how-to-celebrate-Sehun’s-birthday things.

“Jongin.”

What should he buy for Sehun’s present?

“Jongin-ah.

Or what should he do to celebrate Sehun’s birthday and makes it special?

“Earth to Jongiiiiiin.”

OR WHAT SHOULD HE DO WITH HIMSELF SINCE HOW COULD HE FORGOT HIS BOYFRIEND’S BIRTHDAY SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF HUMAN BEING HE IS—

Err.

Cough.

“Jong-out?”

Jongin finally snapped out of himself and responded, “What, Se-whinny?”

“I thought you’ve forgot about that one.” Sehun hummed before tugs Jongin’s shirt softly. “Where shall we go next?”

“I humbly didn’t recommend bubble tea café,” Jongin can saw Sehun was pouting (and it’s cute but that’s not what he supposed to focus now seriously) before continued, “Because, Sehun, you’ll get cavities if you keep going to drink—or eat, I don’t know—that kind of drink.”

Sehun grumbled, “You’re not my mom.”

Jongin ignored him and still continued, “What about shopping?”

He can tell that Sehun was frowning in confusion, but Jongin just shrugs it off with starting to drive his—his father’s—care to their usual department, without cares Sehun’s questioning stares visibly jabbing his sides.

“What do you want to shop anyway?” Sehun asked confusedly.

Jongin grins—secretly mischievously. “You’ll see.”

But Jongin has another plan for him.

.

“Welcome—oh, Jongin-ah! Long time no see!”

Jongin grins and waved his hands to her but he still can feels Sehun’s stares began to dagger him and he is really uncomfortable because of it.

“…stop staring my back like you want to flay my skin off.” He said while nudged Sehun’s side.

Sehun rolled his eyes before looks away, pretending innocent, while murmurs, “Why are we here anyway.”

He sighed dejectedly.

Actually Jongin wondered too, but he can’t really think how he should celebrate Sehun’s birthday so it’ll be memorable times for the younger male—the last thing he remembered about his birthday was when Baekhyun purposely put a lot of Tabasco on Jongin’s birthday cake that makes him stomachache for a week (and it was really horrible, real horrible).

And he doesn’t want to makes Sehun’s birthday being horrible as his.

…at least he tried okay.

“I better go back—“

Jongin reflexively reached the younger male’s collar before clutched his head in frustration and groans, “Can’t you just listen to me this once?”

Sehun puffed his cheeks with his lips pursed. “But what are we going to do here anyway? It’s not like—“

“Amber-noona?”

Amber’s head pops up from scarf with her grins stayed on her petite face before responded, “What is it?”

Jongin mischievously grins and spoke, “Please fix him up.”

Sehun turned his head in disbelief. “What?”

She returns Jongin’s smirk and dragged Sehun away—which Sehun is struggling under her arms but Jongin just waved his hand to him before wanders to accessories section.

Maybe a little surprise would be good for him, Jongin thought when he began to eyeing the accessories.

Maybe a ring would be good huh…

He picked one of boxed accessories before grinned and paid it on cashier. He put it on his pocket while waited Sehun to get done on Amber’s hand—he never doubt her; she’s not intern stylist anymore so he can believe her tastes in clothing and sense.

Let Sehun be his prince of a while.

After more than ten minutes, Sehun comes out—Amber pushed him out of closet for dramatically effects—and Jongin was loss of words.

Damn, he really could never doubt Amber for her tastes after all. He never thought a combination of a shirt and a hoodie can be that good like seriously, makes Sehun multiple times more handsome than before.

Sehun looked nervous before bites his lips and tugs Jongin’s shirt and grunts, “What are you trying to do here?”

“Makes you happy?” Jongin grins and got smacked by Sehun instead. “Do you like it?”

The younger male looked down before murmurs, “I do, but—“

Before Sehun ever finished speaking, Jongin interrupts, “Noona, I’ll take this one.” Jongin smiles before faces Sehun with a grin—he knew that Sehun will stare him weird but he’ll take it later.

Sehun frowned and asked, “Are you sure?”

Jongin is nodding while he paying the clothes. Of course he is, today’s Sehun birthday after all.

The younger just sighed before going to the closet to change his clothes, left Jongin with a smile still spreads on his face and got frowned by Amber but she didn’t ask anything about it.

Where should they go next…?

.

In the end Jongin suggested Sehun to have sleepovers at his house since his family went out and the younger male just nodded and phoned his parents that he’ll have sleepovers at Jongin’s.

When they arrived on Jongin’s house, they spent around four hours for playing video game and another two hours for watch a movie before he felt Sehun was leaning on his shoulder while purrs that he assumed the younger male is already sleepy.

No, he can’t sleep yet, he hasn’t said it yet!

“Sehun?”

“Hm?” Sehun rubbed his eyes and looks up in confusion, “What is it?”

Oh right, he remembered that Kyungsoo left the cake he made on fridge.

“Wait here, I’ll be back.” Jongin gets up and heading towards kitchen before turned his back and warned Sehun. “Close your eyes but don’t sleeps or I’ll bite your ears.”

He opened the fridge and he took the cake out of fridge before placed it on the table and setting the candles that Kyungsoo has prepared too. After he prepared all of it, he walks toward living room and found Sehun was shutting his eyes, with a frown stayed still on his pale forehead.

Jongin grins.

He placed the cake on the table while keep the flame on and smiles before spoke up, “Open your eyes.”

Sehun slowly opened his eyes and continuously began to widen impossibly larger.

“Happy Birthday,” He smiled and holds Sehun’s hand. “Happy birthday to you~”

Sehun was dumbfounded.

“Um, Sehun?” Jongin hesitantly calls him in confusion. Well, yeah, the words were written on the cake was kind of weird but since Kyungsoo made it with Joonmyeon—which is to be honest Jongin can’t really understand that hyung since he’s a bit weird—he can’t really complain.

“I thought you wouldn’t remember my birthday.” Sehun’s eyes still widened in shock which makes Jongin pouted. “All of them told me so after all.”

Jongin scoffed, “Those guys…”

“Well, how about my present?”

He tilted his head in confusion, “Is my love isn’t enough for you?”

Sehun pinched Jongin’s hand before pouts and whines, “But today’s my birthdaaaaaay.”

“I have another one though, but…” Jongin sighing happily and pointed his index fingers to the candles. “Blow the candle first?”

Sehun pouts but obeyed Jongin with prayed first before blow the candy and Jongin clapped his hands and kissed the younger male’s forehead gently before continuously murmurs happy birthdays to him softly.

He just smiles and nodded with murmured thanks softly in return.

Argh Jongin really wants to eat Sehun so badly because of that smile.

“Feed me.”

Huh?

Jongin blinked before frowned, “What did you say?”

Sehun smirks with his chin propped on his hands, “I said, feed me.

Oh.

He got it.

Sehun is playing bossy because today is his birthday.

Okay.

Okay he’ll get what he deserves. Just you see Sehun, just you see.

The older male cut a piece of cake before cut it again with a spoon and eats it before smirks, “But by mouth-to-mouth.”

Before Sehun even have a chance to response, Jongin already leaned closer to him and hold his jaw before kissed him with his lips opened.

Jongin looked at him from under half-closed lids before he closed his eyes again, with his tongue began to enter Sehun’s wet cavern and shares the cake’s taste while Sehun’s back slowly leaned on the couch and his hands clutching on Jongin’s shirt. He slowly touched Sehun’s nape and deepened their kiss, with Sehun clutching his shirt tighter and a muffled voice irresistibly comes out softly.

They sloppily bites each other’s lips before separated with their hitched breath. They stared each other while try to catch their breath before Jongin smiles and hugs the younger male tightly, he’s too happy to not to.

Why Sehun is too cute anyway?

“So that’s my present?”

Jongin laughed before let go of the younger male’s arms and shook his head. “Of course not,” he took something out of his pocket and gives it to Sehun. “Try to open it.”

Sehun obediently open it while Jongin nervously waits his responses.

“…rings?”

He nodded before took a ring and slips it on Sehun’s ring finger and kissed it softly, “It’s a signs that you’re taken and there’s nobody who can steals you away from me.”

“Dude, I’m father’s and mother’s.” Sehun scoffed.

He ignored Sehun and continued, “And mine.” Jongin leaned for a kiss on Sehun’s lips again before grins, “And I’m yours.”

“Ew, cheesy.”

Jongin’s lips pursed before pinched Sehun’s cheeks in annoyance but the younger male just laughed and began to writhing in pain and falls of on the carpet, but they ended up smiles and Sehun naturally hugs him and whispered something on Jongin’s ears with his cheeks flushed—it’s not because he’s embarrassed, mind you, it’s swollen.

He just smiles and kisses Sehun’s forehead again and speaks up, “Let’s go somewhere tomorrow with your new clothes.”

The younger male just nodded and pinched Jongin’s cheeks in revenge and pouts, “And you should wear your ring too—and take me somewhere nice or I’ll tell Luhan-hyung and you’ll ended up like something you can’t even imagine.”

“Yes, anything you say My Highness.” Jongin grins widely even his cheeks hurts like hell before shove Sehun’s hands and pulled him to wake up. “I’ll be your servant for a day, so you don’t have to worry.”

Sehun nodded again with his gummy smiles began to appear on his face.

They kissed one more time before slumped themselves on bed and began to close their eyes, with Jongin whispered sweet nothings on Sehun’s ears and Sehun’s flushed cheeks while buried his face on Jongin’s chest to hold the ticklish feelings—Jongin purposely did it on his ears because he found it quite amusing when Sehun being all ticklish and clinging on him so he’ll stop.

He hopes it’ll be a memorable holiday for him even he prepared Sehun’s celebration in rush.

He wished.

And he hopes that Sehun will treasure this moment, because he is too.

(He remembered when Sehun hugs him and whispered that he loves Jongin and thanking him for everything he has done for him before thanked him again with his face flushed.

At that time Jongin just smiles and kissed Sehun’s forehead because he knew, no matter how much he says I love yous to him, he wouldn’t able to express it maximally because his love to Sehun is much bigger than universe; stars as anthology of their stories of their life and the dark curtain as the album.

He can’t thank him enough how grateful he is that he made a right choice to loves Sehun because he brought him life that much livelier than before and makes his day better.

Thank you,
happy birthday,
I’m sorry for forgetting your birthday,
and I love you too.
)


idk anymore and i'm so sorry if it's disappoints you because suddenly school got so hetic and i just finished this fanfic on 20.38 IST and my notebook suddenly being all tsun so.... /rolls over

anyway, happy birthday Sehun!

ps. i'm terribly sorry asdfghjkl ;;;;;
i'll try to fix the ending later if you find it uncomfortable to read since i typed it in rush sobs
(and thank you so much for subscribers who subscribed even i haven't post it yet ily guys ////)

sorry for grammatical errors as always o u q

2nd ps. currently i'm in the middle of making a sudo/kyungmeon spin-off fanfiction of this fic. not sure it'll done or i'll just drop it though