Him

First Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

The backstage is in hustle. People keeps coming back and from, with singers and mc preparing before the stage. Today is the recording day for MCountdown, and I stay in my waiting room together with my bandmate. Today is our debut day, and while everyone is busy taking and making calls to their loved ones, I just sit down, silently recollect myself before the stage. There is one person that I’m dying to call, the one person that I wish can be here today with me.

You… Park Chorong…                      

All through our life, we had been together. You are part of me that is always constant, not changing with time. The person that I go to when I had stories to share, happy or bad news to tell to. The one I cherished much more than all my past girlfriends added together. You are that important to me. Every big event in our life, we always celebrated together.

Our graduation, from kindergarten to high school.

Commemoration ceremony when you got your black belt for aikido.

My first stage with my band, when there were less than 10 audiences including you.

Every birthdays.

 

It felt weird, not having you by my side now. When I was about to become a singer, the dream that I not dared to dream on if not because of you. My only supporter, my first fan.

 

Yet, you are not here.

 

“I’m going… to America”

That is the final sentence that you said to me. I remember getting really angry at you, that I don’t even go to the airport to say goodbye. The fact that you just leaving me like that … it felt surreal to me. We are best friends; you are like my other half. How can you just leave?

Then it occurs to me, that I will no longer be seeing you every day like before. That we can no longer spend our time in our tree house, chatting till the night comes. That we can no longer roaming around Seoul until our legs wears off.

You are no longer by my side.

I try to contact you after that, after the storm in my head is already over. I don’t want to lose you because of my temper. I want to apologize for not wishing you well when you go, that we will keep in contact no matter what. That when you come back, I will be there at the airport, welcome you back home. That’s what best friend do, right?

Except that, we are not best friend anymore… the moment I read your letter and hear your song, I know that I lost you.

 I discover your letter, together with the song that you wrote for me in our tree house. I never knew that you can write a song, much to your complained with the piano lesson you had to take because your mother force you.

 

 

So long

Written and lyrics by: Park Chorong

Do you remember how you and I were so young and small?
We were always together; do you remember our friends who were jealous of us?

You held my small hand and protected me, always smiling only at me

Baby, we didn’t know back then, we were too young

 

You came into my heart at one point and was next to me as a man, not a friend
I hide my heart while you are next to me (hide) (hide)

I hide behind the name of a friend

 

Do you think of those days like I do sometimes?

Do you remember the nice breeze, the warm sunlight that shone on us?

 Do you remember?

 

We resembled each other

Please log in to read the full chapter