Hold me forever in the dim light

Hold me forever in the dim light

It was 2:55 am when I noticed the clock on my bright computer screen. I had lost track of time making a new character on my animation software, yet again. Jumping quickly form my owrn computer chair, I knew he would be mad if he found me awake at this time for the fifth night in a row. I had to hurry; he would be back at 3am. As I walked toward the bathroom I bumped into a side table. Silently cursing I leaned over to turn on the night lamp. The dim light guided me safetly to the bathroom where I quickly brushed my teeth and changed into pajamas. I looked at the bedside clock before turning on the night lamp so he could see when he walked into the bedroom. The clock now read 3:00.

Immediately I heard the front door open. Quietly sliding into bed I saw the kitchen light turn on through the crack in the door. I closed my eyes and controlled my breathing to make it seem like I was asleep when I heard his footsteps nearing our bedroom. I heard him go to the bathroom. The sink water and I relaxed.

A few minutes later he pulled himself under the blanket. Luckily I was facing away from him when he wrapped his arm around my waist, because I smiled.

"I know you're not asleep," I heard the voice behind me say. "You left the coffee pot on. It was still making coffee when I walked in."

I sighed and turned to him. "Hey," I said softly, our faces were inches away from each other. 

He smiled. "Your new animation character is turning out well."

"How was work?" I hoped he wasn't mad at me.

"Hmmm, boring and tiring," He said pulling me closer and placing his chin on my head. "Night time is always the longest part of the day for me. Or night, I should say." I felt his voice vibrate through my head. 

He pulled his face back to look at me. "You know you should be asleep little miss. With your early classes and work schedule it doesn't make sense to stay awake so late during the week."

"I know, but tomorrow is a weeken-" I tried to say before he kissed me softly. 

"You don't have to explain yourself. I can't force you to go to sleep early," He paused, looking at my lips, and then to my eyes. "Since our schedules have been so busy lately, I've realized that I've missed you."

"We see each other everyday. We live together." I told him.

"I know, but I never get to see you like this. Us together. We seem just to live around each other lately."

"I guess it'll just have to be like this for now, until our lives slow down a bit," I said, running my fingers through his hair. I couldn't look him in the eyes, so I just stared at his hair glistening in the dim light. 

"But we have now," He said, looking directly at me.

I looked at him. "Isn't it late? Didn't you just say you were tired?"

"Let's watch a movie in the living room," Wooyoung said before scooping me up with all of the blankets.

"Wooyoung!" I squealed as he walked into the living room and plopped me down onto the couch in a heap of cloth. 

"I'll be back with the coffee you made," He said before kissing my forehead and walking into the kitchen. 

When he came back with the coffee he handed me a cup and put in the movie. Sitting down on the couch he pulled me and the blankets onto him. 

I began to watch the movie when I heard a "hey" and turned to look at Wooyoung. He pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.

 

And then we kissed in the dim light.