The Melody to My Harmony

The Melody to My Harmony - Sunggyu

Soapy suds happily crept up your arm while you slid your hands into the warm water of the sink. Grabbing your dish cloth and a dirty dish you began to wash the mountain of dishes. The radio softly played in the quiet apartment, humming to some of the songs that you knew, a few lyrics slipped from your lips while you washed, rinsed and repeat.

Almost halfway through your mountain of dishes, glancing over at the time on the stove, you saw the green illuminated numbers that read, 4:23. A little smile slid onto your face, knowing that Sunggyu wouldn’t be home for a little while would give you time to finish the dishes and make some dinner for him before practice ended.

Using your elbow, you rolled the volume knob on the radio, the music gradually got louder while one of your favorite songs started to play. Looking around your apartment, you smiled looking back to your dishes. 

Starting to sing, you couldn’t help yourself but get louder and put more passion into your singing. The time quickly passed with each song, singing and having fun all by yourself.

Sunggyu strolled through your front door early that day, with practice cut short today due to some of the other members having other schedules to attend to, he hung up his jacket quietly and changed his shoes. The soft, yet passionate voice of a woman filled the space, causing him to smile at the innocent, unheard voice.

Making his way around the corner, the radio got louder and louder until he reached the kitchen. Your hands were stuffed in the sink filled with suds, your voice happily singing along with the radio.

Slowly, he made his way over to you, waiting til the end note that you held out before he blew on the back of your neck. Bringing your shoulders up to your ears, you looked over your shoulder.

"S-S-Sunggyu?" You looked from his face back to the clock finding it odd that he was a few hours early. "What are you doing home?" Your ears tingled with heat while you looked back and washed another plate.

"Hoya and Dongwoo had a dance practice to attend, Myungsoo had to go film another episode, and Woohyun is busy with ToHeart. So the manager let us out early so that they wouldn’t be late." He answered with a smile coming to your side and drying the dishes that you had just washed.

"Why don’t you sing more often Jagiya?" Sunggyu asked breaking the soft silence that only the radio filled. Dropping some utensils in the sink it made its clamoring noise falling to the bottom of the sink. "Your voice is so beautiful and pure." He looked at you with a large gummy smile.

"I-I didn’t know that you were listening." You softly responded.

"You’re voice is so beautiful." Sunggyu beamed.

"No it isn’t it is just my voice." You degraded yourself.

"I haven’t heard anything more beautiful in your life." He told you honestly, getting you to blush wanting to hide your face.

Looking back over at you, he watched you for a moment, shifting your weight from one foot to the other and the blush on your cheeks and tips of your ear he decided to drop the subject before he got you angry.

”_________-ah?” He cooed softly getting you to turn your head before draining the sink and wiping off the bubbles from your arms.

"Mmmmm" You grabbed a few wet plates helping Sunggyu for the last few that he had to do.

"Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?" Sunggyu looked over at you while he finished up the last plate.

"I don’t want you to waste your money on an expensive restaurant." You folded the towel with your hands before hanging it up on the oven’s handle.

"Then we can choose something a little more casual." He offered with a smile.

"Okay." You happily agreed. "Just let me get changed."

He nodded, turning around you took off to your bedroom as he saw your outfit, sweats and a tank top. He giggled thinking that you needed to change, but he took this chance to help you put away your dishes.

Coming back out with some jeans on and a short sleeved shirt with a jacket covering your arms, you smiled and slid your hand between his.

"Ready?" You smiled up at him.

"Ready." He squeezed your hand gently, before you lead him to the door. The two of you slipped on your shoes, while Sunggyu grabbed a jacket and the two of you headed out of the door.

Making your way down the streets, both of you discussed what food the two of you should get but when you two found a little shop and ordered some food. Ordering it to-go, Sunggyu paid for it and held the bag for you while the two of you walked out of the shop and found a dessert shop. Buying a dessert to share, the two of you started to head home with Sunggyu’s hand laced with yours.

Making it home safely, the two of you slipped out of your shoes, shuffling off your jacket, you headed towards the couch with the bag of food that made your stomach grumble.

"What else should we do tonight?" Sunggyu asked, hanging up his coat after yours.

"Maybe a movie?" You offered sitting on the couch while Sunggyu joined you. Picking a movie, he slipped it into the player before taking a seat next to you.

"What movie did you choose?" You asked while taking a bite of your food.

"You’ll see." He said with a teasing smile while eating his food with you.

Watching the movie together, it was your favorites as well as his. Resting your head on his shoulder, his arm wrapped around you loosely while the two of you were pulled into the movie.

Once the credits rolled, you looked up at Sunggyu who was looking down at you.

"I love that movie." You smiled wrapping your arms around him.

"Me too." He leaned down and kissed your forehead sweetly. Resting your head back on his shoulder, the two of you didn’t feel like moving quite yet so the two of you read the credits to yourselves.

"Jaigya?" Sunggyu cooed quietly.

"Yes?" You stifled a yawn.

"D-Do you.. I mean… By chance would you want to come to the studio tomorrow, we are working on recording your favorite song and I know how much you like to hear me sing… so I was just wondering… you don’t have to come of course… it is just an invitation." Sunggyu stuttered nervously.

"I’d love to come, but I have a little meeting but I can be there after for sure." You looked up at him with big eyes.

"Thank you cutie." He hugged you tightly against himself, taking in the moment, you wrapped your arms around him.

The warm sun happily kissed your skin, while you ed the high collar of the white ruffled shirt that you wore to your meeting. Letting your hair out of the braid that you had it in, the tight braid left kinks in your hair. Pulling open the door to the Woollim studios, you made your way to the recording rooms.

Waiting for the light to turn green, you pressed your ear to the door while you heard their beautiful harmonies come together. The little light flicked on in the hall as you pushed the door open and walked in, taking a seat by the manager.

"Great guys, we will print that." The recording manager said over the intercom to the other room. The members took off their headphones before setting them on the music stands in front of them. Heading to their other schedules, you waited til they were all out of the small sound proof room before you slid in through the glass door.

"You look great, yeobo." Sunggyu welcomed you with a warm hug.

"Thank you, you were great." You lifted yourself onto your toes while kissing his cheek.

"Do you want to try it out?" He smiled down at you.

"C-Can I?" You looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Of course, it is a VIP pass for being the best girlfriend in the world." He smiled grabbing some headphones and placed them over one ear while the other sat behind your ear. taking another pair of headphones, Sunggyu put them on as you smiled biting your lip at him.

"Let’s try out a song shall we?" Sunggyu offered as your eyes lit up, nodding your head, he looked over to the person in front of all of the buttons, nodding his head as he started the recording.

"Sing if you want to, nobody can hear us, just you and me." He looked into your eyes, gently sliding his hand through yours.

"O-Okay." You stuttered out of nervousness holding onto his hand tightly.

The song that Sunggyu had walked in on was now playing in your ear, turning to look at him, a goofy smile was on his face. Before you know it, he was pulling you into the song through his voice. Beckoning you to sing with him, you took a deep breath before leaning into the microphone. Closing your eyes and holding his hand tightly, you let out your first shaky notes, but when Sunggyu started harmonizing with you, relaxing a little, you opened your eyes while your heart started to take flight.

Pouring all of your passion and emotions into your song and your lyrics, you wanted to do the best that you could in front of him. Holding and harmonizing the last note together, the two of you smiled at each other. Gently bringing your hand up to his lips, he kissed it softly before the guy came over the intercom.

"Perfect, that was so beautiful." He said.

"Can we get a digital version and a disk please?" Sunggyu asked.

"Sure, coming right up." The worker nodded.

"W-What is that for?" You stuttered while your eyes tried to search his for answers.

"I wanted to record your voice so that when I am away from you, I can still smile and remember you." Sunggyu responded with a twinkle in your eye. Walking into his embrace, he held you against himself kissing your head while you held him between your eyes.

"You’re the harmony to my heart." You whispered softly resting your head on his chest listening to his heart pick up paste.

"You’re my melody." He smiled down at you, kissing the top of your head while the both of your voices through the headphones, perfectly together.