Part 1/2

Past

The time when we got together I didn’t expect puppy love would such magic on me. We were young and we wanted to fall in love despite the fact we knew we wouldn’t be together forever, we made it, we made it together. But fate, fate is cruel they separated us So now you were me my first love, the one who thought me how to understand the four letters and the one who struggles to make me happy every time we were together.

Luhan, do you remember the tree that we would always go together on every evening? We were kids we ran around, we found the huge tree somehow in the depths of the woods, you thought me how to climb a tree but you never thought me how to jump down so I was stuck there until you had to call your dad to pick me up (because I wouldn’t stop crying and I was to scared to jump)

Despite growing up, we were still best buddies. We were inseperable, they were only two of us together, and we were happily doing stuffs together without bothering the people around us. We were happy until—oh wait things were happy until you liked the girl that was in your history class together. I remember how my world was shattered into pieces when you told me that you were going to take her to the prom. I smiled and told you good luck because well you needed it. But truthfully we all know how I wished she would reject your offer and you would go with me, instead.

She said yes and you went to prom with her. I stayed at home because well we all know how much of a loner I am.

Two days later Luhan, you told me that you and Jaehee were officially together. I told you I was happy for you and congratulated you. I remember how happy you looked; I remember how you smile whenever her name was mentioned. You were happy and I was suffering, wow that seems fair.

***

Months after that you broke up with Jaehee because well she was too clingy and it was time for you to realize how she forces you to buy her stuffs. I waited long enough for you to realize that and thank god you realized how much of a drag queen she was. I remember the how regretful your face was. You came to my house that evening to tell me that you are over her. I remember pulling you to our secret hideout, the huge tree in the woods where every one couldn’t find us.

We climb the tree, we raced, and we did everything that could make you forget about her. The sad-broken face was replaced with a happy, that you brought me to this place face. We went back because it was about the sky would turn dark. You pulled me into a hug when we arrived in front of my house. I remember the fuzzy feeling in my stomach when you did that. You thanked me again for bringing me to the place. I nodded and went it, the moment I closed the door and I ran to my room and squealed so hard. I stopped squealing when I realized that you won’t probably feel the same way. It’s a sad thing because; you won’t see me as the girl of your dreams and you only see me as a friend. I like you but I’m too young and you won’t feel the same way.

***

High school came we were still buddies and a plus 1, Kim Jongin. A new kid who transferred from Canada. The three of us would stick together in every occasion.

One fine day, it was after showering at gym class that I realized that my clothes were missing. No I was actually used to all the names that I got like, Giant Curly because my hair was curly. Huge because apparently I hang out with Jongin and Luhan too much that I am now a . There were other names but it wasn’t used as frequently as this. I waited over there until the teacher would come and scream at me for not coming out but there was no teacher sadly.

As I thought about going out half with my towel, you, Luhan came out with my clothes because apparently you saw Jaehee and her other cliques holding it. I thanked you and you ran out of there because you were scared that people might think differently. After I changed to my clothes I saw you were talking to Jaehee when suddenly she slapped you. I was stunt because what the hell did you do to be accepting such slap? So I rushed towards you and asked if you were fine which you replied me that you were really fine so I believed you.

The day after we graduated, you gave me a playlist that consists of some indie songs (that was what you told me) I just believed you and listened to it as I got back home. I liked the playlist so much because well it came from you……. I guess? So I was listening to the playlist and as it reached to the end, there was a voice talking. It was your voice to be precise “Hey Minyoung, I guess you reached the end of the playlist now, or did you skipped up till here? Okay well since I trust you, I guess you did survived all of the songs” You laughed after that and I giggled “Since you have survived up till here, come to the tree like now, I’ll be waiting for you” I rushed out and ran to our hideout because you were there and I wanted to hear what you were going to say to me.

As I arrived, I saw you sitting on the tree branch and you saw me (or that was I assumed) walking towards you. You jumped down from the branch and said “wow that was fast, how many hours did you took to listen to it?” and I replied “30 minutes because I had nothing to do and I was bored.” This was a lie because I had so many other things to do but I did that first before I did anything else. “I see,” you replied me and then I ask, “why did you give me the playlist?” which you immediately grab my hand and brought me towards the tree. There, there was our name carved and you drew a heart around it

You told me, “I like you and I had waited long enough to confess. You know I thought that Jongin would to confess to you but I waited and he didn’t thought he likes you, do you know that?” Which I replied, “Luhan, he confessed to even before this but I turned him down because I like someone else” “That bastard he told me that he haven’t confessed yet” I laughed, you laughed, we laughed. The day went wonderful when you kneeled down and held a bouquet of daisy’s to me. You then went “cheers to the friendship years and let me be your boyfriend and then if fate is nice to us we’ll get married and have many children’s together” I then kneeled down to you and hugged you and I whispered, “Yes” which then you hugged me and kissed my cheek and told me how happy you are.

You didn’t need to tell me how happy you are because, I know Luhan you were happy that I accepted your proposal. I was happy too because my first crush has become my first boyfriend. We stayed there until the sun was setting down. When you walked me to my house, you told me how you fell for me, and you asked how I feel in love with you.

It was simple Luhan, I loved you from the very beginning but you loved me at the middle of the story but still I was grateful that you noticed me. Thank you for that, thank you.

-

Luhan folded the letter and hugged her, tightly as ever. He felt his lover tears falling because of the wetness of his shirt “Please do cry more,” he told her. She cried more after that, Luhan only soothed her while patting her back while telling her that “Everything is fine, everything is going to be fine”

Which was a lie because nothing is going to be fine when you have cancer.

“Promise me something” She tells him “anything for you” he kisses her head as her face was still on Luhan’s chest “anything for you” he repeated while hugging her

“Stay, stay with me until my last breath, cause I need you, I really need you in this kind of time I-“her sentence was cut with Luhan’s sudden statement,

Let’s get married


Updated it a bit as in putting some lines (expect part 2 to be updated tomorrow)