Baby Channie

Babychannie

Every kpop boy band has a mom and a dad. In B.A.P, Himchan, the feminine representative, takes the role of the mom and Yongguk, the leader, is the dad. Even though, no words of appreciation are received for his efforts in taking care of the members, mamachan does it without complaint. Even if there is no way Yongguk would voice it out, he is definitely thankful for the much needed help. Another thing unsaid by him is how beautiful he thinks his best friend looks. It is a guilty pleasure of his to (creepily) stare at the sleeping beauty Himchan before going to sleep. Of course, he has been caught red-handed on a few occasions but none of the members dare to press on the matter.

That night, Yongguk  takes in Himchan's mesmerizing beauty like every other night. The next day, the younger will wake him up to have breakfast. Morning comes too fast and Yongguk stubbornly idles around on the bed, waiting for Himchan to wake him up as per norm. However, instead of the usual long, delicate fingers, he feels chubby, tiny ones slapping his face-and was that the sound of a child crying?

"Yonggukie...Uwahh" *Hiccup* To his utter  horror, he sees a toddler with wide foxy eyes studying him through uncontrollable tears, under the blanket. Shock is too little of an emotion to describe how he feels at the moment as the leader goes into a small panic attack. The child starts  wailing and he ponders how to stop the faucet of tears. Mind fogged with sleep, Yongguk blames Zelo as the culprit for kidnapping a toddler.

"Who are you?" Yongguk asked dumbly.

"Channie... Uwahh... Gukkie no remember Channie ..." Yongguk rubs a hand across his face. Wait. Wait. Wait. What?! Chan..Chan..Himchan?! Comically widening his eyes, he sees an uncanny similarity. He prays to the higher ups that he is just dreaming but his prayers are not answered. Reluctantly, he collects his thoughts as well as the bigger Himchan's clothes.

Yongguk looks at the baby and sighs. Searching around, he finds some clean clothes of his Tiggers'. Thankfully, they fit and he sits, enjoying the glorious 'eureka!' moment. Himchan scoots closer to him.

"Gukkie...?"

"Yes, Himchan?"

"May I... hold a Tigger?"

Putting the toy into the toddler's arms, Yongguk beams with joy at seeing two of his most favourite things in the world together. However, babychan gets bored in a few minutes and chews on Tigger's ears. Frantically, Yongguk pries the toy away from the toddler and calms his .

"Gukkie...mad?" The baby tears up.

Yongguk makes a mental note to be more gentle to a baby. " No, baby." " I didn't want germs to get into your mouth, okay?"

Himchan sniffs, "Okay."

"So, how about I fix us some breakfast?"

Nodding eagerly, Himchan runs off to the kitchen. His stomach growled with hunger and anticipation as he hopes at the back of the mind that they will not be having ramen for breakfast. The sunny-side-up eggs are messily put on top of a plate with charred bread, which the leader calls toast. Himchan plays with the breakfast and glares at it. He suspiciously takes a portion before deciding it is safe to consume.

 

Soon after, other members join them for breakfast.

"Yongguk hyung? Where's Himch-Woah! Is that a baby?!" Zelo exclaims and Yongguk instantly deems him innocent.

Youngjae eyes the baby concernedly. Daehyun gobbles down the food while Jongup-well, he apparently does not notice the shrinkage.

"Good morning, hyung", Jongup calmly greets babychan.

"Gwood morning, Uppie!" Himchan beams. 

The baby finishes his food and is about to bring them to the sink when he notices how high he is.

Screeching at the top of his lungs, Himchan manages to capture Yongguk's attention. "Ahhh! Gukkie! Helpppp meee."

Sighing yet again, the leader tucks his hands under the toddler's armpits to bring him to the sink.

"Whee", says the zestful baby as he swings his dangling legs back and forth. Unfortunately, one of his swings does not go too well and he ends up kicking Yongguk's crotch. The leader almost cries, almost, but does not because he has a baby in his arms. Once they reach the sink, Himchan rolls up his already short sleeves. Then, he almost dives into the sink as he claims that he has to do the dishes and simply refuses to let go. Well, at least until Yongguk threatens to drop him.

As soon as his little feet touches the ground, Himchan stomps away to show his displeasure. Crossing his chubby arms, he furrows his eyebrows and pouts, hoping Yongguk apologises to him. Despite  his showcase of annoyance, the elder pays no mind as he goes into their shared room and locks it. Due to that, Himchan decides Younggk is a meanie. The thought makes him sad and he tries hard to holds is tears in. Furthermore, he convinces himself that he was a big boy and big boys do not cry though the efforts were futile. After all, he is not much of a big boy and children cries when they are sad, don't they?

The baby seeks attention from the other members, " Youngjae ah. Daehyun ah." He calls out to the couple cuddling on the couch, watching a variety show.

"It's hyung,kiddo. Daehyun hyung," Daehyun ugly-laughs (Babychan's opinion) and messes up his hair. Himchan tries to straighten the strands back but the Busan's Wonbin repeats the cycle of messes up hair, straighten back out. This leads to an unhappy baby, who bites the naughty hand with all his might.

"AH, YONGGUK HYUNG! THAT BIT ME!" He meanly points to the baby, as soon as Yongguk comes out of the room.

"Kim Himchan, time out", the leader pronounces each syllables menacingly.

For the next few hours, Himchan sits alone at the corner sobbing, with occasional cuddles from Youngjae. He takes out the anger on the numerous Tiggers near him and when he gets bored, he counts their stripes. 'He hates me, he hates me not, he hates me, he hates me not...' Himchan falls asleep.  Yongguk comes out as soon as he finishes his work because he is definitely not going to leave a baby alone, more importantly, a babychan alone. Walking towards the pile of Tiggers, he finds a fast asleep baby, whimpering.

"Yonggukie..."

Himchan seems to have nightmares even as a baby and Yongguk gently kisses the tear drops away, guilt eating him alive. Then, he lightly scoops up the baby and puts him down onto the bed. It Is not because he actually wants to ignore the baby, but it is just too much for him to take. It was like, like, like his wife turning into a baby. Realization hits him hard. That was what Himchan was to Yongguk all along, his better half. No matter how absurd the timing is, Yongguk is glad for his new found discovery. From time to time, he looks at the sleeping beauty, smiling fondly. Himchan would always be beautiful to him, no matter what  shape or form although he still prefers his best friend slash significant other  version much better.

Much later, Yongguk wakes up to a peck on his cheek. Rubbing his eyes tiredly, he  spots a tiny thing running away and he  panics. However, he remembers the situation soon enough and he elatedly laughs as he sees a flushed face peeking out from the door ajar.

"Come here, you little cheese burger." Himchan scurries over excitably. "Who is the cutest baby? Yes, you are. Yes, you are." The leader blows a raspberry and the baby giggles. "I promise not to scold you too much, okay? Big or small", he smiles as they share a pinky promise.

Suddenly, Himchan reaches forward and kisses Yongguk's lips. " Then,  the leader hears the girly squeals from Daehyun and decides to silence him for eternity much later. From the corner of his eyes, he catches the younger member flailing his arms around like a chimpanzee and Yongguk questions the other's state of mind. He shoos the peeping couple away.

"Channie, do you want to go get some ice-cream?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Ice-cream!" Himchan hops around in glee.

The leader brings him to the park, buys them ice-cream and plays with the him until they are both worn out to make it up to him. He drags his feet home, tired but happy, with a half asleep baby in his arms.

"Channie loves Gukkie."

"I love you too, Channie." Yongguk marvels at how those words seem to be made only to be said to Himchan.

 

 

 

 

Thankfully, Himchan returns back to his normal size, the next morning. As cute as a babychan is, Yongguk will never exchange Himchan for anything else. The leader springs out of bed as he restlessly makes breakfast and sets the table. All for Himchan. Then, he runs into their shared room and pounces on the sleeping male.

"Channie! Wakie wakie", he half shouts into Himchan's poor ears.

"Well, aren't you excited." Himchan suppresses a smile as he rolls his eyes.

Yongguk clears his throat. "Himchan, please listen to me. You are the nutella on my toast, cheese on my pizza, sprinkles on my cupcake and the smile to my day, someone who I would not be complete without. I...I am in love with you." Yongguk looks at Himchan earnestly. "Can I, kiss you now?" 

 

 

A/ N: Please be generous with votes and subscriptions, my dear readers. I am sorry for any mistakes in the story because I haven't recovered from my flu and I didn't check for mistakes. Thanks once again. I love you all (/@^w^@)/♡