The Contract.

Jinni (Genie): Your wish is my command!

Siwon drove like a lunatic just to get away from the being as much as possible. He mumbled every prayer he's been taught of since he was a little boy just to make sure he'd never see that evil spirit again.

 

"Yes... that's an evil spirit... Lord God, if this is a way for you to test my faith, I'll go to a confessional this very moment... I'll donate more to the poor.... I'll never curse at my friends or at my staff... I'll ---" He closed his eyes for a second to think. "I-I'll never miss the three o'clock habit!"

 

After saying a couple more prayers, he finally calmed down and decided to park near the Cheomdang-dong bridge to throw the cursed musical box into the depths of the Han River. As he raised the box to finally throw it, a voice stopped him from doing so.

 

"Throw it as many times as you like but you won't get rid of me Master," The Jinni chuckled. "It's kinda obvious you know... you've probably seen every worthless movies out there my Mast --"

"G-get away from me... you're a-a-a bad spirit ----"

"Aw come on!" The Jinni wailed, his smoky face exasperated. "If I'm a bad spirit I wouldn't even bother talking to you and I'll just try to possess you right at this very minute! I'm giving you some choice man! Free will!"

"Then I choose that you get away from me!" Siwon shouted.

"Well it's fine with me.... BUT you have to give me to someone else for you to get rid of me"

"What?!"

The smoky form of the Jinni shrugged, "You bought me, I presume... so that means you're my Master right now. But if someone buys me from you, or someone takes me forcefully, or even if someone accepts me as a gift... then that's the only way you'd get rid of me." And he paused for a second. "Oh, me granting you all your wishes also counts as getting rid of me forever."

 

Siwon couldn't believe he's talking to a spirit (whom he thinks is an evil spirit) and actually believes it. He thought of giving the box to some random stranger, but his conscience is nagging him. What if this is really a bad spirit and does something to someone else? He thought deeply. He couldn't bear feeling guilty over somebody else's misfortune which was caused by him. I know I have a deep faith in God.... he gave me this ordeal because I can get through this.... I know there is a reason...

 

"So... I'm supposed to ask wishes.... and you'd grant them? All of them?"

 

The Jinni smiled. "Uh-huh... of course there'll be some conditions," Siwon was about to back out again when the Jinni interrupted him. "No-no... no outrageous conditions like getting your soul or stuff. That's stupid you know." And then he produced a large scroll and rolled them out before Siwon. "This is your sort of rule book/guide but I prefer calling it a contract. You may choose to not sign it if you don't want... but like I said, you must be able to give me away properly for you to get rid of me."

 

Siwon took the scroll and started reading its contents.

 

Rules/Conditions:

 

1. A Master is granted thirteen (13) wishes, no more and no less. 

2. A Master is not allowed to ask for an extra wish as his wish. He cannot also ask for a decreased number of wishes. (Refer to number 1)

3. A Master is not allowed to ask for an impossible wish (e.g. "I want to meet God/Devil", "World peace", "The moon", "The stars", "A trip in Ancient Egypt" or "A trip in another time and space") BUT the Jinni may grant several almost-impossible wishes (e.g. "Slow the hands of time", "Accelerate time", or "Stop the weather from happening")

4. A Master is allowed to ask the Jinni any question, except if the question is an indirect order, the indirect order is considered as a wish and will be counted as one of the Master's wishes. (e.g. "Can you please pass the fork?", "Can you shut up?")

5. A Master is allowed to ask for any wish, even controlling another person's emotions or desires. But the same Master is NOT allowed to reverse a wish previously given.

6. The Jinni is not allowed to judge the Master's intent on every wish. The Jinni is also not allowed to interfere with the Master's wishes or change the same even if such interference will be for the Master's benefit.

7. The Jinni is NOT allowed to benefit from a Master's wish.

8. In case the Jinni's encasement is stolen/given away/passed on to another person, the Jinni is required to recognize the new Master without regard whether the Jinni has fulfilled all thirteen wishes or not. The Jinni may only refuse a new Master if such Jinni has already fulfilled all thirteen wishes of his previous Master.

9. A Master may ask all his thirteen wishes simultaneously or in an installment basis, BUT he is not allowed to defer on making his wishes for more than six(6) months. Failure to make a wish within a period of six months is a breach of contract and the Master shall forfeit his stature and the Jinni is allowed to kill the said Master.

10. The Jinni can only have one Master. He cannot grant wishes from anybody else except the Master. (Refer to number 8)

 

 

Siwon read the rules once more with apparent skepticism. "Why can't I ask for world peace? Does that mean I can't ask for war also?"

"World peace is an internal state and it is impossible to grant. War on the other hand is manufactured and I can grant that wish."

"So you aren't allowed to interfere with the natural order of things."

"Yes."

"But you can stop time --"

"I can freeze time; not stop it. There's a big difference between the two. Suspension of time is simply changing an aspect of time. Stopping it means obliterating time altogether; and that's patently impossible."

 

Siwon is having a hard time processing everything. As he read and re-read the rules once more, and a question popped up in his head. "Wait, so let's say I agreed on this... what do you get in turn?" He looked at the hazy form of the Jinni. He still couldn't see much through it's smoky appearance, but he suspects that the Jinni is a pale-skinned man whose features intrigues him greatly.

The Jinni smiled genuinely. "If you agree... well I get to have a temporary name. And that would mean a lot to me especially when time comes and you'll set me free after the thirteenth wish."

"So I really just need to ask for thirteen wishes? And you'll stay away from me forever?"

"Yes!"

"Hmmm.... but why thirteen? I mean, Alladin was given just three wishes --"

"Are you an idiot really? Alladin isn't real... besides, even if the story is real, three wishes only mean that he got a lower class Jinni.... higher level Jinnis can give as much as fifteen." 

"So you're a high-level Jinni?"

 

The Jinni scowled. "Yes okay? It may sound rude Master... but please .... be MY Master and ask me thirteen wishes and set me free or just give me away okay?! I mean... I'll answer your other questions IF you agree to this deal."

 

Siwon was deep in thought once more; assessing the situation. There shouldn't be much harm in that right? He thought. He then looked at the music box and slowly nodded.

 

"Fine, I'll be your Master."

 

The Jinni smiled as he got closer to Siwon while speaking in an ominous voice. 

"Perfect! And to seal our contract..."

 

Siwon felt a strong wind rushing against him and he looked like a petrified doe as the Jinni came too close to him...

 

...And planted a soft kiss on his lips.

 

"Your wish is my command Master. From now on, I am your humble servant.... Kim Heechul."

=====

 

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! I also want to know if you'd like this as a Rated M fic!

Thank you!