Finale

Twelve Lies

The First

Do Kyungsoo was only seven years old when he told his first lie. It was a lie that any child his age was going to say at one point in their life. But Kyungsoo managed to blurt out his lie with less grace of course, seeing as his hand was stuck in the cookie jar and his mouth was covered with crumbs. He received quite the scolding from his umma and it caused his large, doe eyes to fill up with tears.

"Your tears don't work on me." His umma gave him a pointed look before cleaning him up.

His umma did something unexpected though. Instead of hiding the cookie jar or giving him the deserved time out, she disappeared into the master bedroom before reemerging with a small book in her delicate hands.

His umma spoke words he would never forget:

"This book will hold all the lies you have told."

The Second

Eleven year old Kyungsoo grumbles as he writes his second lie in the worn out journal. He had completely forgotten about the book that had gathered dust in the bottom of his drawer. Writing is never his forte, so writing his lies is even worse. He swore to never lie again after his mother made him write down his first lie.

But he honestly couldn't stop himself once he saw the stupid face of that necessarily tall giant in his class. The whole entire school body was placing bets on whether or not he'd be a professional basketball player by the time he turns sixteen.

"Do you want to hang out at my place?" had been what Wu Yifan asked him in broken Korean afterschool.

"My umma said no," had flown out of Kyungsoo's mouth before he could catch himself. It was obvious that the eleven year old lied seeing as to how he wasn't even home to ask his mother. Unfortunately, Yifan was too dense to even notice.

The Third

Kyungsoo's eye twitched as he stared with hatred at the small book. He had no idea why he was even doing this.

Oh wait.

He was a mama's boy through and through.

Not writing in that book every time he lied made him feel as if he were betraying his umma who was happily singing in the living room.

It wasn't even that big of a lie, not to him anyway. He just so happened to tell Yifan's mother that he was too busy studying to concern himself with her son. Though what would a thirteen year old be studying in the eighth grade?

Kyungsoo had a feeling a lot of his lies were going to be on the topic of the annoyingly gigantic foreigner next door.

The Fourth

His umma is going to kill him. He lied again in the same year, two months after his previous entry. Two. Months.

He is a disgrace to the Do family and he will proceed to bury himself under multiple blankets. That would be the only way to rid him of this sin besides bathing himself in boiling water.

Okay so maybe he was over exaggerating. This lie wasn't towards Yifan though, which was an ultimate shocker.

This lie was actually directed towards his own umma who he never dreamed of lying to again. But he just couldn't help it.

She had asked him, "Why haven't you been hanging out with Yifan? He always asks for you."

This had caused him to knock over several plants and maybe knock over his deceased grandmother's portrait (bless her soul).

He tumbled over his words as bad as he did with his feet and told her, "I thought Yifan didn't like me so I didn't want to bother him."

He high tailed his out of there so he couldn't see the look on her face.

Okay so maybe his lie did in fact involve Yifan.

The Fifth

It took him two years to lie again. His mother had long stopped giving him the evil eye and that kept his mouth shut. He had become good friends with Yifan though, the both of them dealing with puberty together in the most awkward of ways.

Kyungsoo was jealous of Yifan, or so rather his new name Kris. Who the hell called themselves Kris? Must be some western thing.

Okay that sentence sounded confusing. He wasn't jealous of his new name, but rather the fact he was becoming hot.

It was incredibly unfair as today he popped a total of five pimples. Five.

He made sure to scrub his hands thoroughly.

They had been hanging out at his house when Kris awkwardly broke the comfortable silence of watching television with a, "Do you think I'm ugly?"

Kyungsoo whipped his head towards Kris so fast, he definitely confirmed Kris's suspicions of his best friend being an owl.

Kyungsoo mumbled an audible 'yes' and had left the house right after.

It's safe to say that you should know what the lie is.

The Sixth

Kyungsoo is seventeen years old and is a junior in high school. He recently gotten himself a boyfriend (roughly three months ago) whose name is Byun Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo is getting straight A's and is currently the lead singer of the school choir.

Now what did he lie about this time?

Something that would have gotten him a punch to the face most likely.

Despite still considering each other as best friends, Kris and Kyungsoo had grown apart and barely talked.

So of course when they did talk, Yifan had to go and open his large mouth and ask about Beakhyun,

"Is he your boyfriend?"

Kyungsoo has every right to say 'yes' or 'hell yes,' but Kyungsoo is an idiot and he blurted out the opposite.

He claimed that Baekhyun is just a friend and he immediately ran inside his house to go find his journal.

The Seventh

Kyungsoo is eighteen and is no longer dating Byun Baekhyun. To distract himself, Kyungsoo somehow ended up dating Kim Jongin.

Insert all the face palms here, please and thank you. Not only is Kim Jongin the biggest delinquent in school, he is Kris's number one enemy.

Kyungsoo screws up big time. This is by far the biggest lie he's ever told (for now) and it honestly pains him to write this down.

Today was the day Kyungsoo basically told half the school that he did not like Wu Yifan.

Today was the day he lost his best friend.

The Eighth

Kyungsoo is not a graceful twenty year old. He is, and as quoted from himself, "as graceful as a drunken giraffe on a hot summer day in Africa."

Now you can all see that Kyungsoo isn't that great of a writer because that is the worst simile I've ever seen.

He is a freshman in college and had gotten himself lost on the first day.

When he collides with a lean, tall mass, he lets out an unmanly squeak as he topples to the ground.

Kyungsoo is a blubbering mess when he notices that what he collided with was a six foot Kris who looked smokinghot under the sunlight.

This isn't even technically a lie, but Kyungsoo still feels horrible that he did not return Kris's, "nice to see you again." Simply not telling Kris how he felt was a lie in itself.

What else was he suppose to do when they've avoided each other for almost two years?

The Ninth

Kyungsoo is still a freshman and is no longer getting himself lost. He made a friend in Park Chanyeol, a physics major, who is a year older than him.

Kyungsoo hasn't seen Kris in months and it gives him an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach. (This feels more like a diary than a confession book.) Kyungsoo unfortunately finds out that Chanyeol and Kris are friends because they're both on the basketball team. He should've gotten some idea in Chanyeol's interest in sports once he saw that he is just as tall as Kris.

Tall people will be the death of him.

His ninth lie so happens to be what made him and Kris no longer friends in the first place,

"I don't know who Kris is, sorry."

Kyungsoo you are the biggest idiot. Did I already say that before? Oops.

The Tenth

Kyungsoo is twenty four and fresh out of college. He graduated along side his two friends, Kim Joonmyeon and Kim Jongdae.

He has a bachelor in Vocal Performance and a minor in business (a back up for if his singing leads him nowhere).

He moved out of his parents' home, but not before giving his dear umma many kisses and his appa tons of hugs.

He is living in a comfortable apartment in the city and landed himself a part time job in a cafe.

It takes two weeks for Kyungsoo's life to turn upside down and he finds himself enjoying every minute of it.

Not that he'd admit it.

"I saw Kris and I don't care."

Kyungsoo's tenth lie held the most tear stains.

The Eleventh

Despite having rough bumps in the past, Kris and Kyungsoo rekindle their friendship. Kris had recently returned from Canada and is working as a secretary in some business company that Kyungsoo cared less about. Kris, unfortunately, had a car accident and is no longer able to play basketball.

Several hang outs turned into dinners at fancy restaurants and Kyungsoo found himself falling.

He is scared and was two seconds away from calling his mother. But he decided he is a big boy and he could handle this on his own.

Yeah right.

The Twelfth

This is Kyungsoo's twelfth and final lie. Shocking that it has come to an end, no? But my edges are worn out and my pages are wrinkled. I can't handle another lie from Do Kyungsoo or I will fall apart.

Kyungsoo has been dating Kris for more than a year now and the stupid idiot has yet to confess his love for the man.

Everything had been perfect until Kris grew frustrated. A long forgotten bouquet laid on the floor as Kyungsoo curled himself into a ball on the couch. He was scared, his mouth wouldn't open.

He had his heart broken far too many times, but this one hurt the most. Kyungsoo crawls to his bedroom and gently holds me,

"I told Kris I didn't love him."

Go fix your mess you idiot, don't look at me.

Happy Ever After

When Kris and Kyungsoo meet again, it's at the park near Kyungsoo's theater. He is a renowned theater performer at the age of twenty six and he sings his little heart out every night to a crowd of fans. But what he did not notice was the tall, blond in the back who clapped the loudest.

Kyungsoo holds me in his arms when he faces Kris. He tells him about me with a gentle smile and he holds me out to the Chinese man.

I feel Kris turn my pages slowly as he reads the messy scrawl that is dubbed as 'Kyungsoo's caveman writings.'

When Kris turns to the final page, he drops me and gathers Kyungsoo into his arms. They kiss passionately as an elderly couple watches in amusement. Young love, huh?

They better remember to pick me up from this floor.

Is that a squirrel?

Oh no.


I hope you all enjoyed it.

I think it's pretty obvious whose POV it was as you got the end.

Please leave comments/feedback.

They are greatly appreciated.

=)