Dark Horse (One-Shot)

♔ Dark Horse ♔

I knew you were

You were gonna come to me
And here you are
But you better choose carefully
‘Cause I, I’m capable of anything
Of anything and everything

It was just another day in the kingdom of Othropos. The people of the town were minding their own business going about their duties, while King Tao was sitting in his throne, taking a sip of the finest wine in the land. King Tao was wearing a cape made of the finest gold, a brown leather tunic and slacks made of the finest leather, and black boots with buckles made from solid gold. His crown was crafted of fine gold ore and adorned with glistening jewels. 

"King Tao, we retrieved another trouble maker. He tried to escape the land using an underground system." One of the knights said, holding a cuffed man by his left arm. The man had messy blonde hair and he wore a white cloth shirt, brown leather pants and brown leather shoes. The knight threw him onto the ground and immediately marched out of the room. 

Tao got up from his throne and held the man by his chin. 

"State your name, swine." Tao demanded and Kris looked up at the King.

"Kris..." Kris mumbled and looked at the King. King Tao blushed ever so slightly at his magnificent face, making sure not to show it to the lowly peasant and let go of Kris' chin. 

"Why do you choose to break the laws of my land, swine?" Tao demanded while walking back to his throne.

"To see you..." Kris said and Tao paused.

"Lowly peasant. You can see me everyday. Do I not present myself to all of you every morning?" Tao said, sitting back on his throne.

"I came to see you for a different reason..." Kris mumbled, approaching the King. "I came to confess my love to you...King Tao" Kris whispered in King Tao's ear.

Tao visibly blushed. 

"Swine...What drove you to do this?" Tao said, losing his cruel tone.

"You are ever so beautiful King Tao. Your cold heart can be changed with my love. We can rule this land together." Kris said and reached for the king's hand. Tao slapped his hand. 

"Guards! Take this swine to the dungeon!" King Tao yelled. Two knights came in and took Kris to the castle's dungeon and Kris gave in, knowing he would get killed if he were to fight back.

"Kris...You swine. Don't you know i am capable of anything and everything? I will send your soul to hell if you break my heart...Just like they have..." King Tao said to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
But don’t make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy

The next day, King Tao went down to the dungeon to greet his new prisoner.

"Good morning swine." King Tao said, throwing a piece of bread to Kris inside his cell.

"King Tao, why do you refuse my feelings for you? I wish to be yours. I know that you are of a higher authority than me, but I cannot hold back my feelings for you. I would die for you." Kris begged, and almost shed tears.

"I do not wish to accept your love Kris. I refuse because my heart has been broken numerous times." Tao looked down.

"King Tao, if you promise to make me your one and only, I promise never to make you my enemy." Kris said and a tear fell down his cheek. Tao simply paused in his place and after a moment, walked back up to his quarters.

"King Tao...Why do you keep driving me away..." Kris cried until he could cry no more, then fell back to sleep at sundown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know what you're falling for
Baby do you dare to do this?
Cause I’m coming at you like a dark horse

Sleepless nights passed between King Tao and Kris. Neither could sleep and all they could think about was each other. The king wanted to give the peasant a chance, but he did not want to get hurt. The peasant was more than willing to do anything for the King. After thinking it through, King Tao decided on a trial that would prove Kris' worth.

"Guards...send me the swine by the name of Kris." Tao commanded and the nights complied with the order. In a matter of minutes, the guards came back with the peasant who looked almost malnourished. "I see you'd suffer to be with me. You're not going to give up are you?" King Tao asserted and Kris simply nodded. "Then if that's the case, I assign to you a challenge." King Tao told Kris and held him by the chin once more.

"Tell me...what I need to do...King Tao. I will do anything for you." Kris struggled in between his words. Tao simply grinned and then let go of the peasant's chin. "Uncuff him and put him in our finest armor. If he dies, he shall die with dignity." Tao said and Kris gulped.

The knights took Kris to the town's colosseum, where many people were cheering in the stands. 

"Welcome everyone to the first ever jousting tournament!" A voice from the stands announced and everyone in the colosseum cheered loudly.

"In this corner we have our local townsman Kris!" Kris walked in from the west corridor wearing heavy iron armor and holding a blue flag with the Othropos Coat of Arms on the cloth and a long point at the end.

"And in this corner, from the town of Wolfkrone, local townsman Chanyeol!" A tall man wearing red metallic armor walked in from the east corridor holding a red flag similar to Kris', but with the Wolfkrone Coat of Arms on it.

"Both knights on their horses please!" Chanyeol got onto his horse which had majestically bright, white mane and Kris got on to his horse which had ominous yet elegant black mane.

"Ready? JOUST!" Kris charged at Chanyeol with all his might and so did Chanyeol. With such enormous force and acceleration from his horse, Kris pierced through Chanyeol's armor, stabbing him in the stomach. Chanyeol missed his strike and hit the air to the right of Kris. Chanyeol fell off of his horse, wallowing in pain and the crowd cheered loudly once more.

"The winner is Kris!!!" The announcer yelled. Kris took off his armor and Chanyeol's as well and took him to the town medic. Tao immediately walked out of the arena and requested that his knights bring him back to the castle in the chariot.

"He'll be fine. The lance didn't go in too deep, so his internal organs remain undamaged." The town's medic reassured Kris and Kris nodded. "Thank you sir." Kris bowed and walked out of the hut.

"Would you care to stay a little bit?" The medic asked. Kris hesitated because he had to see King Tao, but he sat down in the chair next to Chanyeol's bed. The injured man was bandaged in his stomach region, and he was wearing nothing but his black leather pants. 

"Forgive me Chanyeol. I did not mean to severely injure you..." Kris said to the sleeping man. He saw Chanyeol's left hand twitch slightly and Kris held it with his right hand.

"Rest easy Chanyeol. You fought well." Tao was watching through the entrance the dramatic scene. He shed a tear and immediately walked back to his chariot to be escorted back to the castle.

"Your majesty, what about the swine?" One of the knights said.

"His name is Kris. He is not a swine..." King Tao said and immediately blushed. "Bring him back to me at sundown."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ready for, ready for
A perfect storm, perfect storm
Cause once you’re mine, once you’re mine
There’s no going back

"Kris? The King requests your presence." A knight walked into the hut where Chanyeol and Kris were. Kris got up and followed the knight. The knight walked into the throne chamber with Kris and the knight immediately walked out, closing the wooden doors behind him.

"Kris...You have definitely proven yourself to be a worthy man. You are fearless, strong and compassionate even towards your enemies." Tao sighed. "You do realize once i let you become mine, you cannot go back. Do i make myself clear Kris?" Tao said sternly. 

"King Tao, I promise to give you my love for eternity. I will never let you go, and I will protect you from all the dangers in this cold cruel world. I swear it upon my life, I will be yours until the day i die, your majesty." Kris bowed and The King's walls inside his heart broke. The King got up from his throne and embraced the peasant.

"Kris...I promise to do the same." Kris stood up and embraced the King who was now crying on his shoulders.

"I love you, your majesty." Kris said and placed a kiss on the King's lips.

"I love you too, my elegant dark horse." Tao wiped away his tears and returned the passionate kiss.