All I Am

Killing me softly

I suggest you listen to both of this songs when reading this fict :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1eOsMc2Fgg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbQBIaKxOnA

 

 

 

 

I heard he sang a good song

I heard he had a style

And so I came to see him

To listen for a while

And there he was this young boy

A stranger to my eyes

 

Strumming my pain with his fingers

Singing my life with his words

Killing me softly with his song

Killing me softly with his song

Telling my whole life with his words

Killing me softly with his song

 

I felt all flushed with fever

Embarassed by the crowd

I felt he found my letters

And read each one out loud

I prayed that he would finish

But he just kept right on

 

He sang as if he knew me

In all my dark despair

And then he looked right through me

As if I wasn't there

And he just kept on singing

Singing clear and strong

 

 

“hey yo miss Bom! The usual?” The good looking bartender greet me when I just sit in the bar.

 

“no, give me a strong one. Like really strong”

 

“oow, rough day?”

 

“the worst”

 

“kay! Anything for you miss” he give me a wink and goes to mix some bottles. He’s been casually flirt with me these days, as if he doesn’t know that I’m Park Bom?!

 

“here miss, Spitting Cobra, don’t worry it’s on me” he laughed while giving me my drink.

 

“no, you don’t have to do that, I’m a celebrities, paying for my order is the least think I could do” I glared at him.

 

“okay okay if you insist....” he shrugged.

 

I don’t mean to be rude, but I have really bad day, and well even a harmless flirt from a bartender could make my day worsening.

 

I sipped my cocktail and searching for my cigarettes. Yeah, I’ve been smoking, but I only smoke when I just can’t take the stress anymore. I light my cigarette and breathed in deeply.

 

‘what would you do Park Bom? You’re getting older. People keeps bashing you’ 

 

I still can remember the sajangnim voice inside my head.

 

Yeah as if getting older isn’t bad enough. Now I’m being bashed for it.

 

‘I need my old Bommie. You’re not the same person, Bom. I feel like you’re changed. I’m sorry my Bom’

 

Yeah Ji, go yourself. As if I don’t know your ‘activities’ with all those women. You want to break up with me? Like all those 5 years together doesn’t mean anything? Oh I feel like crying.

 

I drink my cocktail quickly. I really need to get drunk fast. Drunk is better than crying in this public place where people could see me. Thank God, it’s a private bar. Ji friends own it, and it’s been use as a popular hangout between high class people.

 

I remember the conversation I’ve had with Ji today. When he give me a beautiful silver match necklace and bracelet from Tiffanys as my birthday gift suddenly he said that we just couldn’t go on anymore. Yeah, I’ve had my breakup in a pile of jewelry. It’s such an irony, right? He break up on me after give me the things that I love the most in the world.

 

“like five years means nothing.....” I mutter.

 

“eh,what?” suddenly the guy beside me looking at me.

 

I looked at him. I suddenly realize he have a very pretty face as a guy. His delicate jaw and porcelain skin, with his long middle parted hair.  He is so young.....how old are him? It seems like he’s still in high school. Why a high schooler here?

 

“excuse me? Why do you keep staring at me?” he asked me again.

 

“oh...sorry...I just....in the middle of thinking. Sorry again,mr...?”

 

“My name is Nam Taehyun. And it’s okay. Are you new here? I’ve never seen you before in the bar, miss” he must be know that either I’m a rich people or celebrities, because this bar is private.

 

“actually I am a regular here, but yeah it’s been a long time since I went here. Are you sure, you don’t know me?” I smile and put out my cigarettes.  I feel like a bad example for this young fellow.

 

“emmmmm nope, hahahaha” he let out a light laugh. It’s strange, even hearing his laugh make me want to laugh too.

 

“are you a high schooler, taehyunnie?” I forwardly asked.

 

“eum....yeah...I worked here as a part timer singer. The club manager agree, and I still can worked here as long my school won’t find out”

 

“you are a singer? I am a singer too” I introduce myself as a singer. The title that I really love and proud. Because that’s the name I want people to know. Park Bom The Singer.

 

“well, you want to sing with me on stage?” he offered me to sing with him on stage.

 

“no...I don’t come here to sing. Just want to have fun. Oh, I think I’ll need another cocktail. Eunkwang-ah, get me another one of this” I raised my glass to Eunkwang, the bartender. He nodded and give me thumbs up.

 

“why do you look so sad?” suddenly he asked me.

 

I looked at him. I looked at his cute small eyes.

 

I’m a soon to be retired singer. I’m a singer but people think I can’t sing. And I’m getting older, and people hated me for getting older. And I just breaking up with my five years boyfriend, the bastard Kwon Jiyong, like he’s the one supposed to ditch me? Like I don’t know how ing much groupies and fling he had?

 

But I couldn’t say it. In fact I just give the young guy a long quiet silence. But then I decided to smile. He’s too inocent to be polluted with all the dark in the entertainment industry.

 

“you are supposed to go up right? I anticipate your performance. Give me your best voice” I smiled at him. My cocktail aready there, and I sipped it.

 

“watch for me, I’m gonna sing something for you, miss” he smiled and took his guitar and walked to the small stage.

 

I sipped my drink again. Eunkwang comes at me and suddenly ask me.

 

“do you know that taehyun guy?”

 

“nope, just meet him. A stranger in my eyes” I watched him as he cooly goes on stage. People start to clapping. I start to light another cigarettes.

 

“people seems to love him, right?” I asked the bartender.

 

“well, he’s young, handsome, talented, and have a beautiful voice, what's not to love?”

 

“hello everyone, this is Nam Taehyun, hehe. I just meet a beautiful lady before I goes up to the stage. But this lady have such a sad stare that I’ve ever seen in anybody, hehe. So, in order to cheer the lady, I’ll sing a beautiful song for her. Do you all agree on me, everybody? Hehe” the young guy cheekily said with a big smile in his face.

 

I admire his bubbly personality and smile. I used to smile that big in front of everyone. Since when do I stop smiling like that?

 

Taehyun check his guitar and talked something with the band crew. A minute later, he sit in the center of the stage, sitting in a chair and holding his guitar.

 

Who do you think you see

When you look at me

Is it somebody strong

Somebody you could admire

And who do you think I am

When I take your hand

Are you counting on me

To fill your dreams and your desires

 

I gasped. That guy have a very nice voice. It’s like soft but haunt you down kind of voice. I hold my cigarettes and look at him intensely.

 

Well all I am

Is lonely just like you

All I want to do

Is have one dream come true

All I am is handing you my heart

And hoping to be part of you

 

He looked at me, but this time he’s no longer have a bubbly smiley face and instead staring with a deep gaze toward me. I try to looked away from his gaze. Why can’t I look away??

His fingers delicately playing the guitar and it match well with the band. It feels his finger also delicately playing with the beat of my heart. I feel like exposed. I feel like he’s singing my life.

 

Who do you think you are

Standing in the dark

Are you waiting for me

Why can't I reach you from here

And how do I get to you

Won't you let me through

Don't you think maybe we

Have something special to be shared

 

 

“Park Bom-ssi are you blushing?” Eunkwang suddenly asked.

“ssssht!” I shooed him and give him a sign to go away.

Oh no, did it look too obvious that I blushed? Is my face goes red? The audience are clapping when he and the band just playing the instrument. I wish he stopped. But then he keeps singing as if the clapping motivate him to be more emotional.

 

Well all I am

Is lonely just like you

All I want to do

Is have one dream come true

All I am is handing you my heart

And hoping to be part of you

 

He looked at me again, but now I feel like he try to look at my heart. My ugly and tainted heart. He keeps singing the chorus. I feel like my cheeks is wet. I am crying??? I try to stop but my tears keep falling down. Oh great, the goddess Park Bom is crying, sitting alone in a bar, while listening to some guy singing?

 

When he’s done singing, he bowed and get off the stage. Now another singer is goes up. Taehyun walking to my spot while fixing his hair.

 

“hey, do I look cool there?”

 

I smirked but let out a small smile. I touch his long hair and messing it.

 

“yeah kiddo, just keep practice more so your singing technique keep improving!” I give him a best advice I can give. His vocal is perfect.

 

“liar, I saw you crying back there”

 

“who said I’m crying? It’s because of the smoke!” I showed him my cigarettes in my left hand.

 

“you should stop smoking, noona. It’s bad for your health”

 

“yeah as if you know me...” but I put out my cigarettes anyway.

 

“I lie too.I know who you are. Who doesn’t know you? The great and main vocal Park Bom who have a goddess figure” he smiled.

 

I looked at him, at his innocent eyes. Then I remember how his voice literally killing me in instant.

 

“so, now be honest, what do you think of my voice?”

 

I smiled.

 

“I feel like you’re killing me softly” I patted his right cheek. That is the truth.

 

“what is tha---“

 

I left a cheque at the table and let out my oversized sunglasses from my prada clutch. I wear them and smiling to Eunkwang.

 

“hey Eunkwang, thanks for the drinks, I give you a nice tip there”

 

I looked at Taehyun who still looking at me, confused at my word.

 

“you’re doing a great job, kiddo. See you soon” I kissed his cheek and walk away.