Final

And Jongdae Was His Name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was walking on the crowded sidewalk heading to his favorite nearby cafe. The noise of the busy city buzzing through his ears as he covers his nose with his pink flowery hanky, avoiding the pollution to enter his healthy lungs. One last turn on a corner ahead and he finally arrived at the cafe. As he pushed the door open, the place was already filled with the strong aroma of freshly brewed coffee beans mixed with the pleasant smell of baked pastries. He joined the line of early rising people slowly piling on the counter placing their orders. He looked around the cafe, the ambience really made him at peace, it sends a vibe of happiness that puts a smile on every person's face.

 Yixing always wondered why the cafe was named "Coffee and Buns" even though there's no bun sold in there. The 'Coffee' part is rather obvious, but the 'Buns', where did that come from?

"Morning Xing! What do you want today?", Minseok, the owner of the place, beamed at him.

"Just the usual," he replied returning a smile.

"Caffe Macchiato is it?" the older uttered and prepared his macchiato.

After a few moments, the barista handed him his beverage.

"Thanks ge, I'll go ahead." Minseok nodded at him and quickly returned to tending the next customers on the line.

Yixing felt a little relaxed that he forgot he's almost gonna be late at work today if he won't walk fast. He glanced at his wrist watch not noticing a man coming right in front of him. The man is walking rather fast, has his head lowered, facing the hard concrete cement below. He realized it was too late to avoid their collision, hence spilling his precious coffee all over the poor guy.

"Yah! Ahjussi! Just because I forgot to shower today it doesn't mean you have to shower me with your coffee! It's pretty hot you know! Aish, jinjja!" the poor victim growled at him, eyes widening and forehead frowning, his lips forming a thin line. The guy is wearing a black shirt, black coat and a pair of black tight skinny jeans hugging his firm legs. His dress up is finished with a pair of black sneakers and a pair of round spectacles.

"I'm really sorry, sir. I didn't mean to." Yixing tried to remove some of the coffee stains on the man's clothes using his handkerchief. "I'm kinda running late i really have to go. I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you next time. He's my card, call me." Yixing bowed then hurriedly sprinted towards the building across the street.

 

-

"Why is the guy wearing black from head to toe? Is he some kind of a gangster, or is he a devil's deciple?" Yixing talks to himself, turning and rolling from his swivel chair.

Since the incident this morning, he can't seem to get his victim out of his mind. The figure of the slightly shorter guy keeps on popping in his mind that just made him more guilty than ever. He stared at his phone. The guy isn't calling him. He's been waiting for a call but nothing came. Maybe the guy forgot to call or maybe he didn't have his card. But Yixing made sure to give him his card. Aish! Why is the guy not cantacting him at all? Yixing decided to gather his things and make it a day. He stuffed his papers in his slingbag and slung it in his side.

Yixing is the president of the ZH Company, one of the most established companies in the country. In his young age, he has established this from scratch without any help from his family. Yixing is a migrant from China. Together with his bestfriend, Luhan, they flew to a foreign country to escape the bitter fate that's in store for them in their homeland. Both of them are sons of prestigious families in China but they decided to leave the fences of their families and built their own. Though the two bestfriends lived in the same house, Luhan isn't home most of the time thus leaving the dimpled boy alone.

Before going to sleep, Yixing once again glanced at his phone, even one call from a certain somenone hasn't come. Maybe the guy this morning doesn't want to be paid. So Yixing tried to disregard the waiting and put himself in the slumber of sleep.

 

-

The next day, Yixing is once again walking through the crowded sidewalk of Seoul, marching his way to his favorite cafe. This has already been part of his everday routine since he came to Korea. Upon reaching his destination he was greeted by a smiling Minseok.

"Caffe Macchiato?" the barista asked.

"Nah. I'd have a frappuccino today, for a change." Yixing replied, a dimple appearing as he smiled. This is just one of his normal days but he felt like something special's gonna happen. He felt happy and bouncy today. Maybe today will be his lucky day. Maybe the KM Company will finally agree towards his proposal of merging. He's been offering the other for sometime now. Maybe it's president will finally give his offer a chance. 

He looked around the cafe, scanning the different faces. He continued to look around until his eyes locked to a certain someone. The person has his back on Yixing, but it's built says it's a man. The figure seemed a little familiar to him. After receiving his frappuccino, he approached the guy's table.

"Hey! You're the guy from yesterday, right? I thought I would never see you again, thank god i found you here." Yixing settled himself on the chair across the guy.

"Ah. Is it you? But you're not an ahjussi?" the guy in front of him answered.

 "Yeah, I'm not an ahjussi. Look, I'm really sorry about spilling my coffee on you. How can I make it up to you?"

"I thought you were an ahjussi, though. It's alright, as long as you won't spill any coffee on me anymore." The guy chuckled softly. He was still wearing the same kinds of clothes as he was yesterday. All black from head to toe. He still has his round spectacles on him. Yixing studied the guy's face. He has this pair of dark thick brows that emphasizes his warm chocolate eyes. The guy has long lashes that fans on his high cheekbones when he blinks. His natural pink lips curves at the corner of his mouth, and his jaw. Ah the jaw, sharp and well cut. Is this man's face carved into perfection?

"Are you finished ahjussi?" The man questioned and brought him back into his senses.

"Huh? Finished of what?" Yixing questioned back hastily, the voice of the man in front of him startled him. This guy has an amazing voice too. It's soft and soothing.

"You've been staring at my face this whole time. Are you done? Can I go? Or do you want to a photo of my face instead so you have something to stare at?" The other laughed, touching the round part of his spectacles. His fore-finger slipped through the lens, no scratch that, Yixing realized the spectacles has no lens at all. This guy is really weird. The man grabbed his wallet and handed Yixing a photo, a photo of himself.

"Here," the stranger uttered, "I'll give you my photo. Don't worry, it has no charge." the guy winked at Yixing, then he got up and left. Yixing is left at the table alone staring at the photo in his hand. The guy is really weird. He smiled and inserted the photo in his wallet. Glancing at his watch, he realized he is late, again. He sipped his frappuccino one last time and stood up. He never really liked frappuccinos.

 

-

For the first time, Yixing woke up earlier than usual. He was hoping to meet the guy at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter