Disappearing...

My Weakness...

 

"The original Fifteen? They don't exist anymore sir.", you cautiously corrected Horus, and for a second he seemed to get older.

 

"You don't know…all of you don't know.", Horus mumbled, more to himself. His hands caressing his forehead that was wrinkled in mental pain.

 

"I'm- I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to offend-.", but Horus held up his hand. You gulped in the air and kept silent. You continued to watch him intently.

 

"Do you know why everything is so unfair?", Horus spoke the usual line.

 

"Because we deserve it, sir.", you replied automatically, but painfully. It was because of this daily routine that you were here. There were a hundred lines like these, and a hundred answers to them. When guards would become bored of watching villages and town gates, they would come in and pick on random villagers and townspeople. It was her millionth time on getting picked, but she just couldn't get why she stuttered when answering. 

 

"Can anyone save us?", Horus continued.

 

"No one but 'him', sir.", you answered the usual line. Your head went blank as you just realized that you didn't know who the 'him' was. You looked back at Horus and found him to stare intently at you.

 

"There, you are wrong."

 

"Yes - ," you hesitated, Horus wasn't saying a line, he was stating something. You looked back to him, "What is wrong, sir?"

 

"There is quite a crowd of people that can save us."

 

You looked at him, unsure of whether to believe him. It was something the elders at the village would constantly say when something bad happened. So far, though, they never came. "I don't think so-"

 

Horus interrupted you, "That's where I begin."

 

You shut your gaped mouth and listened.

 

"In the beginning of our lands, there were fifteen kingdoms. They ruled over different areas of the lands and they were somewhat immortal."

 

"They?"

 

"The rulers of the kingdom. They had powers you people would call 'miracles'. There lives were built on those powers. Almost everyone had these miracles. Even the rare ones without the gift were still welcomed and included in the community as much as the ones with it." 

 

"Equally?", you asked, awed, no such thing was present now.

 

"Equally.", he answered. "It just shows how much different it was then…or now."

 

Footsteps were echoing in the hallway.

 

"Listen. There are ten left, the ten that can save us. The other five still live but cannot take part in what is about to take place. We'll save you, have faith."

 

You wanted to ask more questions, you wanted to know why he said 'we', but you were dragged out of the room by a guard and when you looked back, Horus was gone. 

 

"Lunatic girl. Knew something was wrong.", the guard mumbled. You stared at the empty room, puzzled. What had just happened?