Final Chapter

The Cold and Harsh Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
F i n a l  C h a p t e r “Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy
your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you.” ― Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sooji's P.O.V

Well, today's the twenty-second of the month March, which also marks my birthday. Again. Last year, I remember Chanyeol surprising me with a fancy restaurant date, to which he rented the whole place for the day, especially for the two of us. Normally, I would've passed onto that, seeing as how he would be wasting a lot of money over a simple dinner, but then again, I wouldn't pass something that shows his effort towards out relationship. It somehow gives me a feeling of security towards that latter -- that he was exerting effort to please me. Nevertheless, the food was great, and we talked a lot, fooling around from time to time as well; we definitely enjoyed ourselves. That, however, changed these past few months. I can sense that we were slowly drifting apart. In fact, I haven't talk to him even once this week. Last week, I found him hanging out with some of his friends together with some girls when I decided to follow him after his work, and needless to say, they were clearly enjoying themselves. Even Chanyeol. I even saw him whisper something to the blonde girl's ears and they both giggled. I was jealous, of course. That .

It was utterly cliche, actually, and it's clearly pissing me off.

And now, here I was, sulking in my -- our apartment. It was already seven o'clock in the evening and yet Chanyeol still hasn't greeted me. I have checked my phone for the nth time today and yet, there was still no message from him. Has really forgotten what today is? I didn't even acknowledge the messages from my colleagues greeting me. I wanted his acknowledgement more than anyone else's; that, I know for sure.

I started to think of the numerous possibilities as to why we were drifting apart. Could it be that he didn't find me pretty anymore? Was I not satisfying his needs? Was I just not the girl for him anymore? I then remembered the girl he whispered something to and immediately felt insecure. She had long blonde hair, creamy pale skin, and her lips were tainted red. She was wearing a short black skirt that was matched with a gold tank top. She didn't look ty at all. In fact, she looked stunning: nothing like me. Maybe that was the reason why Chanyeol was behaving indifferently to me. Despite the three years of our relationship, maybe he was already getting bored, perhaps.

Sighing, I got up and took a shower, wanting to get hid of the momentarily stress that my body was having from laying and thinking for a long time on my bed. I then went to my closet and changed afterwards, choosing to wear my blue-green dress that stopped a little above my knees. I curled my long brown hair, making it simple yet elegant. I then wore my silver heels which were strapped around my ankles. I only applied light make-up afterwards, a little bit of lip gloss, and put some light blushes on my cheeks. Finally, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and sighed once again. The girl I saw in front of the mirror was beautiful indeed, but I just couldn't help but feel insecure remembering how the blonde girl looked. I was merely a simple, cliched girl, and she was the mere perfect girl. No wonder.

Finally deciding to set those thoughts aside, I put my necessary things in my purse, then called Sehun, my best friend.

"Sehun ah.” I said, my voice were cracking a bit since I was fighting the urge to cry at that time.

"Sooji! Happy Birthday! Why didn't you reply to my message?" Sehun huffed from the other line, jokingly. "Anyway, has Chanyeol hyung greeted you already? You know, you were, like, ranting about him not acknowledging you for almost a week now. Any progress whatsoever?"

I sighed, not really feeling the need to explain and elaborate the situation, but I knew better as Sehun would keep on pestering me if I didn't open my mouth. "Not yet. I don't think he'll greet me anyway. I doubt it that he still remembers my birthday, anyway. I'm heading to Exotic Club right now. Get dressed and let's meet there at 8:00. I feel like drinking today." I said. "Don't worry it's my treat." I added, knowing that he likes it when I pay. It was something rare that I do, too, as Sehun would always pay for our drinks. He said that a man should always pay or something, kind of reminding me of how gentle-manly Chanyeol was before. Whatever.

"Drinking in your birthday? Wow. You should be enjoying this day instead of sulking. You should just confront Chanyeol; if it really is true that he doesn't want this relationship with you, then just break up with him." He said. Easy for you to say, I thought, rolling my eyes. He continued, "He clearly doesn't deserve you. There are a lot of better guys around, but, since it's your birthday, I'll comply. I'll be there at eight. I expect that after tonight, you're going to confront him, understand? I don't want my best friend moping all the time. Okay?" He sighed.

"I understand, Sehun. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and thought about what Sehun said. It was true. I have to enjoy this day, but how can I when my boyfriend doesn't even talk to me? Sigh. I know that I should have just confronted him before, but I was scared. What if he really was bored with me? I don’t think I can let him go; I love his so much that it hurts.

Sighing for the nth time, I headed out the apartment, hailed a cab and told the driver to head to Exotic Club. I guess it's time to get drunk and crazy.

 

Sehun's P.O.V

Let me tell you a little bit of myself. My name is Oh Sehun, and I'm twenty-two years old. Oh, and I'm Han Sooji's best friend. 

Well, that was actually the hard part. You see, I like Sooji, even before she met Chanyeol. I've already known her since we were in diapers, and developed a crush on her when we were nine years old eventually. I was pretty much young when I first liked her, don't you think? When we were in high school, I tried to show her many hints of my feelings towards her, but she never really paid any attention to them. When we were eighteen years old, I then decided to confess to her. I made a lot of efforts just to make sure that that day would be perfect for the two of us. I waited for an hour that day, but she didn't came. For the first time in my life, I cried because of the girl I love, and what really broke my heart was when she told me the next day that she and Chanyeol were already committed -- in a relationship. It . My heard has literally broke down into pieces that day. Apparently, Chanyeol confessed to her the same day I was supposed to, yet she had only met him a month before that, when I knew her my entire life yet she didn't mind me and my feelings. It . Completely.

Now, here I was, standing outside of Exotic Club. Yes. I'm still her friend even after what happened. Even though the pain still lingers, I still tried to make it back to normal, even if it means acting like a ert in front of her. It's been three years and I was still in love with her. It still hurts knowing that the girl you love will never love you back, and needless to say, right now, I was angry at Chanyeol: seething, even. How can he not even acknowledge the most beautiful girl in the world? He was lucky enough to be her boyfriend and now he was just tossing her away? He's so stupid. What hurts me more wass that Sooji wass hurting right now because of him. If I were him, I would never let her go.

Sighing, I decided to enter the club after parking my car at the nearest parking lot. The club was crowded tonight. I was immediately greeted by the sight of couples making out at the dark side of the club. Can't they get a room of something? There were a lot of people dancing at the dance floor with their bodies grinding at each other. A few girls with skimpy clothes eyed me like I'm some prey. Their boyfriends were glaring at me. Huh. Guess I'm too hot for girls to handle. Psh. Some even dared and winked at me while I just made a disgusted face at them. There's only one girl for me and that's Sooji and nobody else.

I went to the bar knowing that Sooji was probably drinking already. It was difficult to head there as there were too many people. I immediately recognized her as I arrived at the bar. She was gorgeous as always, a goddess if you may ask. She was dressed in a blue green dress matched with silver heels. Her make-up was simple and her hair was curled perfectly. Even though her dress was a bit short, she didn't look ty at all compared to all the girls at the club. In fact she looked stunning. This is one of the reasons why I love her. She was able to make a man's heart flutter even with simple things.

I noticed some men eyeing her with lust clearly evident in their eyes. "Han Sooji, why are you so beautiful?", I asked myself. I immediately game them my famous death glare and they looked away, probably scared of the almighty Sehun.

After glaring, I cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter