D-Day

ONE MONTH NOTICE

It’s D-day! 

I finally mustered up all my courage and was now carrying my resignation letter to my boss’ office at the top floor of YG Enterprise building.  After exactly six months, three weeks, two days and eight hours working as Executive Assistant Personal Assistant to the CEO of YG Enterprise, I finally decided to give up my job.

Why? Do you want to know why I am giving up a very high profile job at one of the most established institution in Asia?  Why I chose to be unemployed despite having the best benefits any other company can give its employees?  I will tell you why.

Because my boss is a slave driver.  He practically asked me to do everything for him.  He even asked me to cut his fingernails which were abnormally growing because he keeps biting them every time he is tense or under pressure.  Or when he is thinking the best strategy to bring down a competing company.  He couldn’t go to a nail shop because he is embarrassed of his fingernails.  I mean, who cares of badly deformed fingernails if the owner of those fingers is as handsome as my boss.

Oh, yes!  YG Enterprise’ CEO is devilishly handsome.  And still very young. 

I didn’t know he was that young when I joined the company.  I was expecting a balding, grey-haired, bespectacled old man to be my immediate boss.

Oh.  Didn’t I tell you I didn’t apply for this job?  I was supposed to be an assistant researcher at the Marketing Department.  That was my field.  Because I am a Sales and Marketing undergraduate.  Yes, I didn’t get my diploma.  I was on my last year in college when my grandmother who was my sole supporter suddenly left me.  With no inheritance or whatsoever.  She left me nothing, but the small apartment which was taken from me after a month because I couldn’t pay the rent.

Enough of the melodrama.  Let’s get back to the subject at hand.

I was already working at the Research Section for a week when the Personnel Assistant Manager summoned me.  To be really honest, I dislike her.  The feeling is mutual.  I can sense it. 

Miss Minzy is five years older than me.  She always wears those tight fitting clothes with very low necklines.  Her nose is always scrunched up every time we meet at the corridors or at the cafeteria.  When I asked one of my colleagues, they just told me to shut my mouth or I will lose my job.

Miss Minzy let me wait in her office doing nothing before she told to bring a file “upstairs”.  When they say “upstairs”, it means to the CEO’s office.

So, I rode the elevator which is seldom used because only VIPs are using it.  And ordinary employees are prohibited to even touch it unless being told.

Thinking Miss Minzy was just trying to piss me by running some errands for her; I stepped out of the elevator and was greeted by the receptionist.  Yes.  Besides the receptionists at the main lobby of YG Enterprise building, the CEO has his own receptionist.

The girl behind the desk smiled at me as if she was already expecting my arrival.  She ushered me to a room which turned out to be the Executive Secretary’s office.  I was told to sit and wait until the secretary comes out.

My eyes wandered around the office while I remained seated on one of the leather chairs.  The office is too elegant for a secretary’s office.  I wonder how the CEO’s office looks like if the secretary’s office is already that impressive.

I had been sitting for around half an hour before the secretary came out of the CEO’s office.  I suddenly turned lesbian when I saw her beauty.  She is far more beautiful than any celebrities on TV.  And her body is to die for.  Except for the huge lump on her stomach. I found out later she is seven months on the way.  My ert thought between the CEO and his secretary vanished into thin air.

“Hi.  Your name is Sandara, right?  I am Bom.  I’m glad to finally meet you.”  She extended her hand to me.  When our fingers touched, I knew I will get along with her.

“This will be your office until I take my maternity leave.  Come.  I’ll familiarize you with everything.”

WOAH! Wait.  Did I hear it right?  My office?  Just what exactly does she mean?

“I’m sorry.  I don’t understand.”  I finally found my tongue which I forgot is just inside my mouth.

“Oh.  Didn’t Miss Gong tell you about your new job?  You’ll be my substitute once I started my leave.”

That inconsiderate little thing!  She could have given me a heads up before sending me here. 

I remembered the file Miss Minzy told me to bring.  When I opened it, it was indeed my personal documents.

Bom was in a hurry to teach me everything. She even told me to renew my passport because I will need it most of the time.  It was the third time I had to renew my passport.  The first two passports expired without even being stamped on.

My head was spinning once Bom finished showing me everything.  There was a lot to learn.  I wonder how Bom managed until then.  With the CEO’s work activities, it’s a miracle she even had time to get married.  She must be a super woman. I doubted I could do even half of her work.

It was around 8pm when Bom and I decided to call it a day.  She gave me a copy of some rules and guidelines I should follow once I start working for the CEO of YG Enterprise.

It was exactly three days when I finally met the BIG BOSS.  It was also Bom’s last day at work.

My knees were shaking when I entered his office.  To be honest, I was not very confident with my new job.  I don’t think I’m capable enough.  In fact, I am still wondering why I was chosen for the new position.  I hardly qualified at all.

The CEO was not on his desk when I entered his office. 

Kwon Jiyong – CEO

His name was elegantly carved on the marble name stand on top of the mahogany desk. His name alone commands power and influence.  No wonder YG Enterprise has reached the highest peak in the industry.

A gush of cold wind entered the office when an invisible door opened revealing the CEO.  I don’t know if it’s the cold wind or his eyes boring into mine that made me shiver.  My jaw literally dropped at the sight of the man in front of me.

Kwon Jiyong is no balding, grey-haired, old man.  His hair was wind-blown which made him look so manly.  His pink shirt was ed down to his chest and the sleeves were rolled up loosely.  I thought he just stepped out from a page of a fashion magazine.  The guy in front of me was extremely handsome and oozing with appeal.  I wonder how Bom resisted his charms.

And the way his lips move was extremely y.  He was making small hand gestures. 

“Miss Park!  Are you deaf?”

“Sir?”  Why was he shouting at me? 

“I said bring me a cup of coffee.  NOW.”

“Y-yes, Sir.”

I almost trip on my way out of the office.  I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life.  It was the first meeting with him and I screwed up big time.  He witnessed me gawking at him a while ago.  I remember the dos and don’ts Bom told me to follow.

NO GAWKING.

I laughed when I read that part.  I mean who would even give a second glimpse at an old man?

Unfortunately, I broke the first law.  And I can’t promise I won’t do it again.