Words That Can't Be Spoken

Words That Can't Be Spoken

 

  

    Luhan wakes up to an angel. The sun is beaming down on that angel and that angel is beaming up at him.

 

“Good morning, sleepyhead.” Kyungsoo mumbles, smiling tiredly. Luhan gives a noncommittal hum, wraps his arms tighter around Kyungsoo’s waist and shuts his eyes again. Kyungsoo chuckles. “I said good morning, that means it’s time to get up, hyung.” He nudges Luhan and Luhan groans but opens his eyes.

 

He whines and Kyungsoo giggles. Luhan can’t hold back the smile that forces itself onto his face every time Kyungsoo just… well, breathes really.

 

“Give me a couple more minutes, Soo.”

 

“I’ll go make breakfast” Kyungsoo relents. He rolls his eyes but he’s smiling and he even gives Luhan a quick peck on the lips.

 

He breaks free of Luhan’s hold and sits up, searching for the clothes he tossed in their haste last night. When he finds them, he jumps out of bed to get dressed and Luhan is instantly awake enough to admire the view of Kyungsoo’s bouncing as he takes quick steps through the bedroom.  

    

“Anything sound good for breakfast?” Kyungsoo asks after he’s dressed but he’s already out of the bedroom, heading towards the kitchen before Luhan can answer. Luhan shrugs, Kyungsoo knows him well enough to know what he likes for breakfast anyway.

    

Luhan smiles to himself, as he recalls the night before. It was nothing more special than the rest of their nights together, but he just likes to think about the nights he shares with Kyungsoo. They make him happy.

    

He feels himself harden a bit when he remembers the way Kyungsoo’s nails dug into his back, the way Kyungsoo whined and called out Luhan’s name over and over again when he came. Luhan chuckles to himself when he recalls the way Kyungsoo had breathlessly cursed at him when Luhan had , taking his time to worship Kyungsoo’s body. He’s so fond of Kyungsoo’s body. Actually, he’s so fond of Kyngsoo in general.

    

Like, really really fond. In fact, he loves Kyungsoo.

    

He loves Kyungsoo’s smile, the way it forms a heart when he’s smiling especially big. He loves Kyungsoo’s laugh, usually accompanying the heart shaped smile. He loves Kyungsoo’s eyes and Kyungsoo’s nose. He loves everything about Kyungsoo.

    

“What are you smiling about?” Kyungsoo asks and Luhan startles for only a moment because he hadn’t heard Kyungsoo come in or felt him sit on the bed, but then he’s smiling again and Kyungoo is smiling down at him. Luhan just shakes his head and pulls Kyungsoo to him, Kyungsoo complying and laying his head on Luhan’s chest. Luhan runs his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair.

    

“I can hear your heart beating.” Kyungsoo whispers. Luhan doesn’t respond. He doesn’t want to ruin the intimate moment. He lives for moments like this. Instead, he traces shapes and characters into the patch of skin behind Kyungsoo’s ear. Luhan is wondering if Kyungsoo has fallen back asleep and contemplating going back to sleep himself until Kyungsoo speaks.

    

“You’re so wonderful, Luhan.” Kyungsoo starts. Luhan doesn’t respond but he’s smiling so widely it almost hurts. He tugs on Kyungsoo’s ear to tell him to keep going. So Kyungsoo does, “You’re really one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. I don’t know how I could ever live without you.” Kyungsoo reaches for Luhan’s hand still playing with his ear and holds it in his own hand. Luhan’s heart flutters, Kyungsoo can probably hear it beating for him, he thinks. “I’m so lucky to have a best friend like you.”

    

Luhan stills but Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to notice.

    

Kyungsoo continues, “Actually I think we’re both pretty lucky. We’re best friends who can have with each other, no feelings, no strings attached. It’s pretty nice isn’t it?” Kyungsoo is smiling with his head still on Luhan’s chest and Luhan wonders if Kyungsoo can hear his heart breaking like it does everytime Kyungsoo walks out of his house, still only his best friend. Never more.

    

Kyungsoo sits up, his eyebrows crinkling and Luhan realises he’s been too still for too long so he clears his throat, wills his heart to please start beating again, I’m sorry I put you through this, and forces a smile on his face, nodding. Kyungsoo’s face lights up again and he leans down to press a kiss to Luhan’s forehead, in a friendly way, of course.

    

“Come on, breakfast is definitely cold by now.” Kyungsoo says and gets out of bed, pulling Luhan with him.

    

“I’m coming, I’m coming. Let me get dressed first.” Luhan forces out and Kyungsoo eats it up because he smiles and walks back out of the room.

    

Luhan watches him leave and chokes back a sob.