final

Hesitation

Doe-like eyes that shone on her face, jet black-coloured hair that fell down on her face, pink, plump lips that made boys go crazy; Alice remembered the unknown lady's features, a deep sigh leaving the corner of her lips. She first saw a glimpse of her when she was about to pay for her new umbrella a month ago at a convenient store and she never saw her since until today, she saw the unknown lady again, this time, at a rowdy, crowded bus stop in Gwang-ju, filled with a sea of people.

Alice could see the unknown lady from afar with her eagle eyes. The lady was shielding her figure with a yellow umbrella, due to it was raining cats and dogs. She felt the urge to just open up to the lady and chatter with her for awhile before they went on separate ways. She tried to approach the lady but she was always knocked and shoved by certain types of people, which we always see nowadays; who were listening to music using a pair of headphones or who were speaking on their mobile phone or who were just minding their own business and shove people away.

Alice wanted to reach the lady but people kept shoving and knocking her over, almost making the brunette fall to the ground. She tightened her grip on her own umbrella and continued trying to reach the lady. She knew she could do it but she stopped midway, tears starting to form in the corner of her eyes.

Alice felt that there wasn't a red string of fate who pulled her and the lady together. She felt that they weren't meant to be friends or more than that; just strangers. Another deep sigh left the corner of her lips and she turned her back against the lady, her head hanging low, facing the ground. She hesitated to see the lady, knowing that fate wasn't there for them. Giving up was the final choice she could do.


Word Count: 334 words

A/N: Don't be mad at that ending, okay? I'll try to make a happy ending, for another drabble soon! Once again, happy (belated) 24th birthday, Song Joohee! I'm wondering.. what did the members (especially Ara) get for you yesterday? Hehe.