Prologue

Snow Turns into Rain, if Melted by a Flame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

 

She was still sleeping at this time; her face flat against the turquoise-colored pillow. Some might wonder how Kyondae could breathe at all. Her arm hung limply on the edge and the rest of her body sprawled over the bed. The girl snored loud as a pig; She even let out a snort every now and then. The best way to describe Kyondae in the morning would be "waking up a rock." Every week day, Kyondae was a mess. 

 

Kyondae tried to fix her bad habit -- tried. She has one ringing alarm clock underneath her pillow, another digital clock on her desk, and her phone even plays her favorite songs. Sadly, these annoying wake-up calls never seem to do the trick. So how does Kyondae wake up? 

Most of the time, her umma would wake her up. Her mother was a woman around her 30s, but surprisingly, she looked little older than 40. First, she shook Kyondae gently, and planted kisses on her forehead, saying, "Wakie-wakie Dae Dae~ You're going to be late for school." Though of course, her kind efforts were fruitless, as Kyondae was always out cold in the morning. Then, her mother spoke a little louder, and shook her a little rougher. Even yelling right in her ear and hitting her harshly wouldn't work. Soft moans and murmurs were the only things she could get out of Kyondae. Her mother's last resort was banging two metal pans loudly together and screaming Kyondae's full name at the top of her lungs.

Most likely, she seemed like a psychopath at the moment, and it may be one of the reasons why her husband suddenly left. A daughter with a lazy attitude and a mother with a crazy attitude, simply put. It's safe to say that Kyondae's exasperating mornings were the cause of her mother's premature aging. 

 

 

Only then Kyondae woke up, her black lashes fluttering open.  She sluggishly sat up and looked around, whilst squinting her eyes as the sunlight flooded the room. Her hair was like a bird's nest and traces of dried saliva were visible below her lips. However, her mother wouldn't stop the terrible noise until Kyondae would say something. Sometimes, it was hard to tell if Kyondae was really awake or not, even if she sat up or walked around with her eyes open; It's like her body unconsciously acted to make it seem that she was awake. 

"Aishh. Really, mom?" Kyondae finally let out, scratching her head, making her hair messier than before. Her ear twitched, almost like an animal's and her blood-shot eyes turned to face her daughter. Her mother stopped pounding the pans together mid-way, practically the "icing on the cake" for the looney scene.

"Ahh, didn't I tell you not to use pans to wake me up anymore?" Kyondae raised her brow at her mother. Kyondae's mother finally dropped her arms, but pointed one of her "wake-up callers" accusingly at her daughter. 

"Do you know that this is the only way to wake you up Mun Kyondae?!" Her mother managed to screetch, her voice hoarse. 

"Ne, ne. I'll get up now..." Kyondae slowly rolled out of bed, her mother had flabbergasted look on her face. This was a typical day for her; she didn't really mind her mother's yelling or sudden mood swings. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter