What To Do...

The Desire For Forever

Everyone in EXO knows how lovingly close Suho and Tao are. They do not need the “fan service” as the sole reason for them to show affection to each other in public. It is a natural thing for them. Suho is Tao’s second mother in Korea, and he can rely to his mother-hyung anytime.

Suho does not forget to devote his time for his other members. While his treatment to Tao can be regarded as something special, he seems to be fine with it.

But something has gone extremely strange.

Suho suddenly wants to kiss Tao in the airport, but Tao dodged it from him. Then a plot twist happens. Tao suddenly wants to kiss Suho after telling everyone in their Taiwan concert that he calls him as “Mama” when they are at home. Of course, Suho dodged it as well.

It does not end there.

Suho was too eager in the pepero game in China Love Big Concert. Tao was quite shy about it. But mother pulls his head down and so the game begins.

The trolling king failed to make them suffer the same punishment that happened to Lay and Sehun.

Tao does not seem to notice that he has been experiencing the worse symptoms that can happen to a person who was struck by a cupid’s arrow. He would post pictures of him and Suho on his Weibo account. He would skillfully spend time browsing on fan sites of Suho to find some embarrassingly derp pictures of his. The fan site noonas would have been too happy and jumping in joy upon seeing Tao actually using one of their pictures as his display picture just to tease his mother.

Everyone in EXO has seen the series of hilarious updates on Tao’s Weibo. Luhan, Lay and Kris had patiently translated the posts made by Tao about Suho to fellow members. Did Suho saw those updates?

Maybe he did. But he did not say anything.

So on one fine spring day, Tao was standing at the balcony looking at the surroundings outside of their dorm. He realizes that he wants his relationship that he have right now with Suho to take it to the next level. He fears that he could not easily let Suho go after everything is over with them when the limelight chooses not to shine a light on them anymore.

Suho is his best companion in life.

He could not even figure out how to confess his love for him in a romantic way. No, scratch that. He could not figure out how to confess his romantic love for Suho. His best companion is somewhat a dense person. Sure, he devotes on Tao like a mother does, but his love radar is not working. No, maybe his love radar is not really functional to begin with.

Tao just decides after so much heart searching to go back inside instead. And then he plans to go to the living room to settle himself in the new reality. As he passed by the dining room that happens to be facing the kitchen as well, Kyungsoo, who is busy chopping the vegetables for their lunch, seems to sense something is wrong with his dongsaeng. He suddenly sings few lines from Cyndi Wang’s song.

喜歡你怎麼辦 我的愛很溫暖

I like you, what can I do? My love is very warm
想牽住你的手 看日出多浪漫 我喜歡

Wanting to hold your hand Watching the sunrise is really romantic I like it

 

Tao upon hearing this from Kyungsoo suddenly squeaks him in disbelief, “Kyungsoo, are you actually teasing me?”

Kyungsoo gave a teasing smile to Tao and countered back, “Isn’t it that is your problem right now?”

Tao settled himself in the sofa and answered dejectedly, “Good thing your motherly sense is actually working. Gosh, I don’t even understand why Mama Hyung’s (Suho) is not even working at all.”

Kyungsoo continued chopping the vegetables and tries to defend Suho by saying, “He has motherly sense, Tao. But maybe God forgot to give him a love radar when he created him. It could be that initially it was part of the recipe, but God must have decided and said, ‘No, he doesn’t need this.’  And just settled with it since he has those angelic qualities already.” Kyungsoo is talking about “When God made Suho…”

“Oh, so God created a dense angel I see.” Tao concluded after a short analysis of what Kyungsoo said.

Kyungsoo ended the conversation with some comforting words. “Don’t be sad so much. I’m pretty sure there is a way for you to let it out.”

~

It seems that the whole dorm can feel the spring breeze. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, Xiumin, and Sehun were sitting in the sofa comfortably watching TV.

“Hyung, please give me the remote.” Sehun suddenly requested to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun gave the remote to the maknae. He switched to a couple of channels until he reached MTV SBS. Lay, who just woke up, joined the other guys in the living room.

Hara’s “Secret Love” music video came up. Then a mysterious virus suddenly attacked some of the EXO members as they started to sing and dance to the song while standing. The living room suddenly became a disco ball, except for Lay who is watching the music video attentively.

Baekhyun starts to sing with “I see that you wore newly bought clothes today.”

Chanyeol follows with “My heart rushes I’m okay with just seeing your smile I will always look at you.”

Chen sings the next part

(Oh carefully)
I follow you (baby)
One step, two steps,
I secretly match my steps with you
So that no one will notice

 

Then everyone sings the chorus part.

 

My secret love
It’s so risky
(In case my heart will be noticed)
It’s so risky
I pretend that I’m not,
I try to hide my love
It’s my own electrifying secret

 

While the members are singing the second part of the chorus, Lay watches his band mates singing with amusement. A cheeky smile appears on his face.

 

Should I go to you and talk to you?
Or should I not?
What do I do if he already knows? (Oh no)
Does he know me? Will he ignore me?
My heart pounds, I don’t know what to do

 

Xiumin starts the next part with “Who is that? Who’s that girl next to you? I don’t like her Is she your girlfriend?

Sehun follows after with “My worries get ahead of me Please behave!

Baekhyun and Chanyeol together holler with these lines,

(Oh carefully)
I follow you (baby)
One step, two steps,
I secretly match my steps with you
So that no one will notice

 

And then here they go again.

 

My secret love
It’s so risky
(In case my heart will be noticed)
It’s so risky
I pretend that I’m not,
I try to hide my love
It’s my own electrifying secret

 

Sehun and Xiumin sing the lines while the others followed the parts that were in parenthesis.

 

My own secret love doesn’t stop (Secret love)
Closer and closer, I’m a secret girl (Secret girl)
Quickly, it spreads more and more, 
(Secret love)
Carefully, it burns me up

 

Kris just finished shopping as he was on his way back to the dorm. He was able to go inside immediately because he brought the key with him. The moment he stepped inside the dorm and closed the door he was surprised to see the commotion in the living room.

 

Dugeun dugeun eojjeol jul molla!

(My heart pounds, I don’t know what to do)

 

Kris suddenly drops his shopping bags to the floor. In his mind, only six words came out, and he shows his dumbfounded face.

WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING HERE?!

Lay then joins in with the singing after that part. Kris was in a “no-other-choice” state which is to observe the crazy kids finishing the song.

 

You my Secret boy
It’s so breath-taking
(Each time I see you)
You make me fall for you

I can’t stop, please help me
You’re so charming, 
which is hard to see elsewhere

My secret love
It’s so risky 
(In case my heart will be noticed)
It’s so risky
I pretend that I’m not, 
I try to hide my love
It’s my own electrifying secret

Should I go to you and talk to you?
Or should I not?
What do I do if he already knows? (Oh no)
Does he know me? Will he ignore me?
My heart pounds, I don’t know what to do

You’re my secret boy

 

After the song was finished, Chanyeol turned around and noticed Kris’s presence, and a sudden idea blurts out from his mouth. “Oh hi Kris hyung! What if we get Tao and Suho together? I’m seriously tired with the so-called charade because our own leader is so dense!”

“You’re right, Chanyeol. I was watching the music video carefully. It’s a good idea that we should set them up together, Kris hyung.” Lay says in agreement.

Kris needed a minute or two to recall the lyrics of the song and then finally submits to Chanyeol’s suggestion.

“Alright. I’ll get Tao and bring him here. I’ll call Luhan, Kyungsoo and Kai too.” Kris declared.

He went to Tao’s room and he saw Tao sitting on his bed reading a book.

“Hey Taozi, please come with me. We have something to talk about.”

Tao put his book down to see the source of the voice. He submits by answering, “Okay hyung.”

Kris then went to Kyungsoo’s room and called out while knocking the door. “Kyungsoo-yah. Kai. Please go to the living room now. We have a meeting.”

“Okay hyung.” Kai loudly replied.

Kris was about to look for Luhan as well but he passed by him so he gently dragged Luhan to the living room.

Soon everyone gathered themselves in the living room.

Baekhyun starts the preliminary checkpoint by asking, “So how long will it be until Suho hyung arrives home?”

“It will be in an hour.” Xiumin answered as he checks the clock.

“Okay, so let’s finish the meeting in 50 minutes. Suho hyung should not know anything about this.” Kris stated.

It is the first time that a family meeting happened without the leader.

“Kris hyung, what is the meeting about?” Tao curiously asked.

Kris took a deep breath and finally answers the question with an accusing look. “It is about you – and Suho hyung.”

“Whoa, why about me and Mama Hyung?” Tao asked in surprise.

“As you can see and feel, you love Suho hyung right? We all know that our leader is dense. So we think that it’s about time that we’ll help you take an action on this.” Chanyeol answered with a sheepish smile.

“So what is the plan?” Luhan asked after much thought.

“The plan is to set you guys together. Does anyone here have any ideas?” Lay quickly said making the meeting to go productively.

“It’s spring right? What if we set them up together in a backyard garden setting.” Sehun said with much glee.

“And then complete with some bright lights.” Kai dreamily added as he is in sync with Sehun’s mind.

“Of course, don’t forget the red roses.” Kyungsoo butts in.

“What is Tao going to do then?” Kris asked.

“Very simple. Sing a love song.” Baekhyun quickly answered.

“What song will he sing?” Luhan followed up.

“Let Tao think about it for a moment.” Chanyeol suggested.

After a few minutes of contemplation, Tao finally decided on his song. “I’ll sing Jay Park’s ‘Joah’. But I’ll sing a few octaves lower from the original.”

“Okay that sounds nice! Chanyeol and I will play the guitar for you.” Lay clapped and voluntarily said.

“Yep no problem! Ah, what a romantic song. Yep Joah the acoustic version!” Chanyeol said with so much excitement.

“Okay, one problem is solved. So how are we going to trick Suho hyung for the event slash date?” Baekhyun asked after assessing the situation.

“Leave it to the trolling king on how he’s going to bring him.” Xiumin confidently answered.

Chen was bit shocked but he proceeds anyway by adding, “I’m fine with that, but Xiumin hyung, please be my sidekick.”

“No problem.” And Xiumin gave a high-five to Chen.

“Everything is in place now let’s assign our tasks individually. Then Tao, Lay and Chanyeol can now start practicing. Let’s keep this a secret alright?” Kris said.

“Alright.” Everyone shouts in agreement.

“Thank you guys – well for helping me out though I did not ask for it.” Tao gratefully said with a shy smile.

“Tao, it’s our way of wanting to make you both happy.” Baekhyun said as he gives a side hug to him.

~

“Who picked those red roses?” Luhan asked as he saw a bouquet of roses laying on a table which is at the side of the backyard.

“Of course it’s Tao who picked those.” Kyungsoo answered as he and Kris makes the final check of the backyard’s setup.

“Wah, it’s very pretty! Tao sure has a good taste.”  Luhan complimented. Kris chuckled upon hearing it from Luhan.

“Kris hyung, all of us are going to eat dinner together right?” After the confession thing?” Lay carefully asked as he sets up his guitar.

“Yep, we’ll eat together.” Kris answered as he gave one final look at the area.

“It looks perfect. We all did a good job so far.” Kyungsoo happily declared.

A few minutes later, Tao emerged himself from the rented house. He wore a black suit, a black bow tie over his white shirt, and a pair of black slacks. He wore black leather shoes to complete his getup. Tao sported a very handsome charismatic look – far from the fierce yet innocent childish persona that he would usually exhibit in public.

Chanyeol and Lay dropped their jaws in amazement as they saw Tao. Kyungsoo, Luhan, Kai, Sehun and Kris stared at him trying to absorb what they had seen.

“Oh my god…” Kyungsoo said on what his mind could only say at the moment.

“Damn you Tao. Why are you so handsome?” Sehun hissed with slight awe.

“Says the one who called him as ‘ugly from the start’.” Kai retorted back for Tao instead.

Sehun whacked Kai’s head in response to the statement.

“Good job Tao! You look perfect.” Luhan gave him a compliment along with a smile.

Baekhyun, who just went back to the backyard, saw the silent commotion happening and began to check on what just happened.

“Wait. Tao, is that you?” Baekhyun squeaked in surprise as he slowly looked at Tao from head to toe. He flashed his usual mischievous cute smile and said, “Oh my gosh seriously, Mama Hyung will definitely be swept by you.”

Tao, who could not contain so much embarrassment any longer, immediately smacked Baekhyun’s head while blushing at the same time, and shouted, “YAH BAEKHYUN HYUNG STOP IT!”

“Hahahahaha oh my god dude hahahahahaha!” Kris laughed as he witnessed the scene where Tao continues to smack Baekhyun in front of him.

“Oh gosh, too bad Chen Chen and Baozi did not see this.” Chanyeol said with a pity.

~

“Why is Suho taking so long?” Xiumin impatiently complained as he and Chen were waiting in front of SM’s Building.

“Patience Umin hyung, five more minutes.” Chen reassured him with a pat on his back.

Five minutes later, Suho finally got out from the SM Building. He wonders why Xiumin and Chen were waiting for him outside along with a car in front of him.

“Hi Suho hyung! If you’re wondering what we are up to, we have a surprise for you so don’t panic!” Chen said and then he placed a blindfold over Suho’s eyes. Xiumin assisted the leader in putting him inside the car. Then Chen sat at the front seat and Xiumin sat at the driver’s seat.

“Where are we going exactly?” Suho asked as they were on their way.

“To a place where it makes you happy.” Xiumin replied.

Meanwhile, Kris receives a text message from Chen saying that they are on their way to the venue.

“Hey guys! They are on their way now so let’s do the final wrap up! Go go go!” Kris hollered out.

“Hey Kris hyung, where do we stay when Suho hyung arrives?” Baekhyun asked in wonder.

“All of us are going to stay on this side.” Kris answered. They were going to stay on the side near the house.

“But don’t worry at the moment. Chen and Xiumin hyung got that covered. So we’ll follow Chen for the last part of the plan.” Kris continued as the other members gathered in front of him.

Several minutes later, Chen and Xiumin and the blindfolded Suho emerged from the house. The other EXO members could see Chen and Xiumin guiding their leader towards the center of the backyard. Chen felt that the leader is tense so he calmly said, “Relax Senpai. Just a few more steps to go.”

Chanyeol and Lay while seated quietly observed the commotion that is happening in front of them. When Chen and Xiumin finally left Suho to where they wanted him to be, Chen quietly ushered the members to stay on the side. Chen made an eye contact with Tao giving him some sort of a cue message. When Chen felt that everything is ready, he shouted to Suho, “Hyung! You can now take off the blindfold.”

Suho, upon hearing that from Chen, slowly removed the blindfold from his eyes. He was so shocked when he saw the surrounding around him. There some lights hanging on the trees and the presence of flowers and bushes at the side. There was some flower petals scattered on the grass. Then the sight of Chanyeol and Lay smiling at him holding their own respective guitars caught his attention. Before he could ask on what is actually happening, Tao came out and approached Suho carrying a bouquet of red roses. Suho, upon seeing Tao, covered his mouth with both hands in shock while trying to comprehend what he just witnessed.

When Tao almost reached him, Suho whispered, “Tao, you’re so handsome.” Chanyeol and Lay started playing their guitars. When Tao gave the roses to Suho, he uttered, “Yeah~ This goes out .. man you know who you are Let’s go, Check it! Ah!” Tao then proceeded to distance himself from Suho before he finally starts to sing.

Oh baby, I like you so much that
You’re driving me crazy
Just thinking about you makes me feel good
I wanna feel like this Na Na Na Na Na Na
This feeling, only you can make me have this feeling
I want to feel it till I die
Stay next to me, I can take care of you, I can take care of you

 

Suho then looked to his right and saw the members were smiling in delight. Sehun and Kai had their fists near their lips as if they wanted to squeal so much. Luhan and Kyungsoo had their own arms wrapped around Sehun’s and Kai’s waists to keep them from the sudden fall.

 

I like you, I like everything about you
From your head to your toes
Even each of your small actions
I like it all, I like everything about you
If I’m with you, I’m happy
The more time passes, the more I like you
I need you
I pray that I can be with you every day
I can live happily with only you
No no

Break it down now
Come on no no

 

Suho glanced back at the members and he saw Chen, Baekhyun, Kris and Xiumin swaying and waving their hands up as the song continues.

 

And boy, even if we’re not meant to be
It’s you without question
You know that I got you
You know that I love you
I’ll always be with you baby

I will always look at only you
Without knowing, I just start laughing
Oh baby baby baby baby
I want to shout out loudly

I like you, I like everything about you
From your head to your toes
Even each of your small actions
I like it all, I like everything about you
If I’m with you, I’m happy
The more time passes, the more I like you
I need you
I pray that I can be with you every day
I can live happily with only you
No no

 

Tao went forward to go around Suho while singing the next part.

 

I don’t ever want to be apart
Even when I’m looking at you, I miss you
Always be by my side, my boy
I want you and I need you
Don’t ever ever leave my side

I like you, I like everything about you
From your head to your toes
Even each of your small actions
I like it all, I like everything about you
If I’m with you, I’m happy
The more time passes, the more I like you
I need you
I pray that I can be with you every day
I can live happily with only you

 

When the song ended, Tao approached Suho and held his hand while telling him his confession.

“Hello Mama Hyung. I know you’re wondering on what is happening right now. I know that we have been staying beside each other for months and years. As all of us grow even older, new feelings do come as well. I do not know how it happened but lately, the only thing that is running in my heart and soul is that I don’t wanna lose you. I know that in time we may have to part ways separately, but when that happens, I don’t think it will be easy for me to let you go. I don’t want you to be my mom only. This feeling that I have for you suddenly goes deeper than before, like I want to stay forever with you. I’m in love with you Suho hyung. Will you be my boyfriend?”

Suho’s tears began to drip down from his eyes, and he steps closer to Tao. He laid the bouquet on the grass and cupped Tao’s face with both hands. He shyly confessed, “I know that I’m oblivious with myself and my surroundings. But I just realized now that I have always loved you, and I still am.” And then Suho finally closes the series of failed kissing attempts by kissing Tao’s lips.

All the members of EXO squealed like girls upon witnessing the scene. Chanyeol and Baekhyun muttered the “Oh my god!” while Sehun and Kai muttered the “Yehet!” Xiumin and Kris placed their arms on each other’s shoulders while Luhan and Chen were jumping and running around. Kyungsoo and Lay gave out their satisfied smiles.

Tao broke the kiss between them and wiped Suho’s tears away. He immediately hugged Suho and whispered to his ear, “I love you hyung.”

Suho replied back with “I love you baby panda.”

Someone’s voice broke out the pair’s reverie. “YAH! You two are not dating alone tonight as all of us will eat dinner together!” Chen shouted.

“Right! Dinner’s ready everyone! Let’s go!” Kyungsoo declared.

Suho picked up the bouquet of roses from the grass, and Tao held his hand as they walk all the way to the house. Suho called his attention.

“Tao.”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you for this.” Suho said with a sheepish smile.

Tao kissed Suho’s forehead and said, “You’re most welcome.”

END. :)

 

Some credits:

Cyndi Wang - What If I Fall in Love With You

http://caihongai27.blogspot.com/2010/09/cyndi-wang-i-like-you-what-can-i-do.html

 

Hara (Kara) - Secret Love

http://kromanized.com/2012/11/27/rom-eng-lyrics-goo-hara-secret-love/

 

Jay Park - Joah

http://colorcodedlyrics.com/2013/04/jay-park-joha-joah