Chapter 13

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirteen

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me

 

I looked at Miss Sooyoung, questionably. After that I changed my view to Miss Taeyeon who was standing behind her.

 

I just stayed quiet.

 

Miss Taeyeon looked at that tall girl back, “can you handle it?”

 

“With my secretary with me, I should be okay.”

 

I still looked at Miss Sooyoung. Was that her confidence in me?

 

Miss Taeyeon left the room after she said her final word to Miss Sooyoung. I resumed my typing job, ignoring the fact that that tall girl was still standing at in front of my desk.

 

Miss Sooyoung quickly took a chair from her room, placing it beside me before sitting in it, “so.. how many left to be typed?” she asked.

 

“There’s two pages more to type,” I replied, feeling slightly uncomfortable when we were sitting too close like this. I seriously can smell her scent from here.

 

She just nodded her head slowly and I kept typing.

 

“Have you eaten?” she braced up herself to ask me when I kept quiet for quite a while. Then she leaned on the back of the chair as she crossed her hands over her chest.

 

“Well, I am okay because I have eaten. Do you feel worry that I haven’t eaten yet?” I didn’t know why I answered her like that.

 

She didn’t say anything, so did I. But, I don’t know why, I still wanted to see how will she react. Is she mad?

 

She smiled after a few seconds later, “if you’re hungry, I can’t get my work done!” she joked.

 

I quieted and continuing my work which will be finished after I typed this the very last paragraph.

 

“Okay, done!” I said. After that I looked at her, taking the diskette out of its tray and walked in front of her to give the diskette to Yuri. Then I returned to my place.

 

Miss Sooyoung was so busy reading the papers in her hands. But when I sat back in my chair, she immediately shifted her attention to me.

 

“So, there is anything I need to type?” I asked, trying to stop her stare at me.

 

She smiled a bit before continuing reading those papers.

 

“This subject, I think we just do it on the computer. We don’t have much time to write and then type. It’s better we just type it,” she said.

 

I nodded, besides that was a part of her order.

 

“You type this first,” she continued and handed over a few papers to me.

 

“As and when you type, if there’s any changes, we can make the changes at once.”

 

I nodded again and start to type.

 

“Wait.. you add this paragraph to her,” she said while pointing the sentence on the paper and then pointed her finger on the screen monitor.

 

“Okay,” my fingers were so quick doing their task on the keyboard and the mouse.

 

“After that you re-combine this paragraph with this one,” she continued, pointing on the monitor once again.

 

I complied and once in a while she will say something for the correction or rephrasing. My cell phone suddenly rang loudly in the middle of my work, “I’m sorry. I need to take this call.”

 

She nodded and took over the typing job instantly.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Will you come home today, Jess?” Bella’s voice sounded clearly on the line.

 

“I won’t, I already told Kelly about it. She didn’t tell you?”

 

“She’s out. I haven’t seen her yet. Where are you now?”

 

I watched as Miss Sooyoung pressed the word on the keyboard one by one. I smiled at that sight, “I’m at the office right now. There’s a tender needed to be submitted tomorrow morning.”

 

“Then, when you will be coming home?”

 

I was still smiling against my cell phone when I saw Miss Sooyoung worked very hard to type all of that. Believe it not, she looked so adorable right now, “tomorrow. Don’t wait for me. I don’t know when I will come home yet.”

 

“Your ma called just now. I didn’t know where the heck you were. Before she gets too worried and stuff, you better call her right now.” Bella advised.

 

“Okay, okay. I will call her now.”

 

I quickly ended the call. Miss Sooyoung looked at me. I started to feel guilty, but I had to return ma’s call, “one minute, I have to call my ma.”

 

She nodded and returned her attention to the monitor screen.

 

I dialed my home phone number and someone picked up the call after a few seconds, “hello?” that was the voice of my first brother, Yunho oppa.

 

“Yunho oppa?” I squealed in happiness when I heard the voice I rarely can hear from the phone.

 

“Bella told me that Ma called just now, didn’t she?”

 

“Where are you? Why don’t you go home yet? It’s late now. Ma called your house telephone, but Bella said you weren’t home yet.”

 

I grinned by myself. Such a chaotic when I wasn’t at home! “I’m at the office. I have told Kelly, but when Bella got home, Kelly already went out.”

 

“Office or somewhere else?” he tried to entrap me.

 

“Office, of course!” I answered it firmly, then I felt a bit uneasy.

 

“I can’t talk for too long, oppa. I got a lot work to do right now. Where’s ma?”

 

He laughed, “wait, oppa gets ma.” and I heard ma’s voice at once.

 

“Sooyeon-ah, where are you dear?” ma asked, worried.

 

“I’m at the office, ma. Don’t worry too much, okay?” I explained, trying to convince her.

 

This time, Miss Sooyoung glanced at me for a second. I glanced back at her, and then she continued typing.

 

“Can you take a leave tomorrow? Come home to Gimpo tomorrow morning,” ma asked.

 

“Tomorrow? Why?”

 

“Pa is in the hospital right now.”

 

“Hospital? Wh..What happened to pa?” I asked, shocked.

 

“Pa fell in the bathroom. His left leg is broken.”

 

“Oh my.. Then, how is he now?”

 

“He’s fine. But, can you come home tomorrow?”

 

I was speechless. Miss Sooyoung glanced at me for the second time. Only at this time, it was like there’s a question mark on her forehead. Her forehead wrinkled.

 

“Do Pa ask me to go home?”

 

“He didn’t. But I bet he will be so happy when all of his kids pay a visit to him at the hospital.”

 

“Um.. We’ll see. I will talk about this to my boss. I’m at the office now, I will call you back soon, okay?” I said softly.

 

“Okay, but I really hope you can come home tomorrow.”

 

“I’ll try, ma. Bye.”

 

Tut! I ended the call quickly. I stared into space for a while, thinking about my father who was in the hospital right now.

 

“What’s wrong?” Miss Sooyoung’s question interrupted my train of thought.

 

I quickly put my cell phone back into my handbag and continuing my work. I kept on typing, but I don’t really pay attention to it because I feel so worried about my pa’s condition.

 

“Is your father in the hospital right now?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Why?”

 

“He fell in the bathroom, his leg is broken.”

 

She stayed silent for a while before letting out a soft sigh.

 

“So, your mother asks you to come home?”

 

I nodded again, “I will think about it tomorrow..”

 

“Tomorrow is Friday, if you want to take a leave tomorrow.. you can..”

 

“It’s unnecessary, Miss Sooyoung. I just took a very long holiday before. I think it would be okay if I didn’t go home. Besides, my two brothers were already there.”

 

She didn’t say anything, “I’m afraid that very long holiday was like a month ago, Miss Jessica. Don’t you remember?”

 

I smiled a bit. We continued our work for the next 10 minutes before she decided to break the ice again, “how’s your parents treating you?” she asked all of sudden.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter