Feelings

Crush
I already know, even from the first time...

Since the first time I saw you in our first year of high school, I already know that you will be an important part of my life. Since the first time you talked to me, I already know that I will be able to hear that deep voice of yours everyday. Since the first time you smiled to me, I already know that it means something. Even when the first time you sent a message to my cell phone, I know, that we are going to be unseparable friends.

Yeah, friends.

Friends, and just friends.

--

We are always together...

You and I are getting closer. I feel comfortable being around you. I don’t know how about you, but I always enjoy every single second with you. Sitting next to each other in classes, having lunch together in the canteen, being punished together by our homeroom teacher, playing basketball after school, doing our homework, watching movies when I spend the night at yours or you at mine, doing silly and unnecessary things--everything! With you, every ordinary thins turns into a very precious memory.

I still remember it clearly, when the two of us were lying side by side on the fresh grass of our school football field. We were enjoying the clear, bright spring sky. It was our second year of high school. You looked at me, the soft wind blew against your cheeks. I will never forget the time you said, “Junghwan-ah, I’m so thankful that I have you.”

--

I think I’m in love...

I never felt this way before. A strange feeling that makes my heart beats faster--but somehow, I like it. A feeling that makes my chest feels like about to explode due to the undescribable happiness inside it. A feeling that i feel everytime I think of you.

Yes, you. I don’t know why it happens. I don’t know since when this started. I can’t understand why do I always want to see you. Why everything about you become so interesting to me.

There are still many things that I can’t understand. But there is one thing that I am sure of. I’ve fallen in love with you.

--

Even best friend can’t always understand...

We are very close. We are always together. But why can’t you see my heart? Don’t you know my mind? Or are you just pretending like you can’t overcome it?

I don’t know.

Maybe now, you don’t know that there is something more than just a friend’s attention when I bought you a can of soda when you were practicing basketball with our school’s team. When I shouted your name when our school’s basketball team was playing. When I make neat notes so that you can borrow them. When I sit next to your bed when you were sick.

Maybe now, you don’t know that there is a piece of hope in my heart, everytime you pat my back and smile at me. Every time you embrace me and tell me that everything’s alright. Every time you wipe my tears and replace them with laughter. Every time you say ‘good night, have nice dream’ to me on the phone.

Maybe now you still don’t know. But I hope, that one day, you’ll understand.

--

We share happiness... Don’t we?

“Junghwan-ah,” you called when the two of us were sitting on the rooftop, under the stars one summer night. “Don’t you know?”

“Know what, Sunwoo-yah?” I asked softly.

There was a pause after that. The night wind blew softly. The sound of crickets could be heard among the silence. My heart beats uncomfortably, waiting for what you were going to say.

You sighed. And smiled. Then said, “I’m in love, Junghwan-ah.”

My heart beats faster--so fast that I’m scared you might heard it. “Really?” I asked. “With who?”

You turned to look at me, making me more nervous. “Do you know Jung Jinyoung from grade XII? He’s the one.”

My heart shattered. Disappointed. Jung Jinyoung? Well, he is a good person, smart, kind-hearted, talented, rich, friendly... No wonder you like him. But you even almost never talk to him! What about me? Me, who is always with you? Always next to you? Be there for you? Don’t you realize how much I like you?

I really wanted to shout those words to you. But no. I swallowed back those selfish questions, and put a fake smile on my face. “Oh... Wow,” I said, hiding my sadness. “He’s nice.”

Falling in love is wonderful. Until you realize that your love is a one sided love.

--

There is nothing more painful than an unrequitted love...

I ever read those words in a novel when I was in junior high. When I read that, I thought that that quote was silly. But now, I think that it’s true.

You were the reason I smile everyday. But now, you are the reason I cry every night. Things changed, although it seems that they remain the same.

You still need me to give you a ‘wake up call’ every morning, to listen to your sorrow and worries, to spend your weekends with, to tease and have fun with, to share your experiences...

Seems like that they are still the same.

But actually, no.

Because, there is always Jinyoung in our conversations.

--

We aren’t meant to be...

February 14, Valentine day. The day when people show their affections to their beloved ones. Well, so do I. Today, I’m going to confess to you. I’m going to tell you what I’ve been feeling, thinking about you.

So, here I am. Standing at the corridor, in front of our class room at the second floor, leaning on the railing, holding a box of chocolate that I made with all my effort, waiting for you. Of course I know that you like Jinyoung--the possibility of getting rejected is high. But, as long as there is no bond between the two of you, it’s okay if I hope right? So, with the tiny piece of hope that still remains in my heart, I wait.

I was wondering where you were when at the corridor at the first floor, people gathered. I could see it from here. It was the grade XII corridor. Every now and then, the crowd would cheer and laugh. What was happening? Some people in the second floor got curious too and watched from here.

I tried to see who was in the center of the crowd and what he was doing Then I saw a cap, yours, then I realize that you were the center of attention. You were holdong a teddy bear with a rose between its fluffy arms, and a box of chocolate. And there, in front of you, stood a shy Jung Jinyoung.

In an instant, I felt my body weakened. So weak that I had to grab the railing in front of me to keep myself standing. There’s a sharp feeling that stabbed my heart as I saw you said something that I couldn’t hear from here, while handing the teddy bear and chocolate to Jinyoung. Jinyoung blushed. Then, shyly, he accepted those gifts.

The crowd cheered happily. Even they who watched from the second floor too. Some students who were standing next to you patted your back while teasing you both. You smiled at Jinyoung, who returns the smile sweetly.

Didn’t want to get hurter, I walked weakly into the class room and took a seat. I stared at the chocolate box on my lap broken-heartedly. It has ended. Not more than this. We can’t be more than this. My heart realizes me, suffocating me.

“Junghwan-ah!”

I hid the chocolate box immediately. I looked up to find you stood at the door frame of our class, smiling widely when your eyes catched mine. You ran enthusiastically to me, pulled a random chair, and sat opposite me.

It hurts to see you smile, because I know that I am not the reason of that smile.

As if nothing happened, I asked, “What’s wrong?”

You smiled like you are the happiest person in the world. “You know what! Jinyoung and I are together now!”

Although I already know about that, still, it feels so painful hearing the information from you.

I tried to smile, but I can’t. Tried to congratulate you, but no words come out. Then I felt my eyes got warm. My tears fell. No... I couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t hide it any longer.

“Junghwan-ah?” there were shock and worry in your voice. “Junghwan-ah, what’s wrong?”

I shook my head and let my sadness fell.

“Why can’t you understand?” I cried.

-Fin-

 

A/n: I don’t know how to end this, so I just stopped here and leave it to your imagination :)

Please tell me what you think about this story. Constructive comments are very welcomed, so I can be better in my next stories.

Anyway, thank you for reading :) *give each of you virtual candies*