First Meeting

Unexpected Love

"SooBin-ah" called SooBin's mother weakly.

"Neh, eomma" said SooBin as she kneeled by her mother's bed side and took her hand, holding it gently.

"Please get me some tea" said SooBin's mom.

"Of course" said SooBin as she rushed to ask a nurse to bring in some tea.

*SooBin went back to her mother's room and sat on the chair near her mother*

"Come here" said SooBin's mother as she wavered her over.

*SooBin knelt by her mother once again, her eyes full of worry*

"I know I don't have much time left SooBin," said SooBin's mother, her eyes starting to tear up.

"No, eomma. Please don't say that.." said SooBin, her eyes tearing up as well.

"I'm sorry eomma. I wish I could have done something, I wish I took care of you better, I wish---" SooBin said crying, but then cut off by her mother.

"No, none of this is your fault. You have done so much for me.... my sweet daughter, and no words can describe how appreciative I am for everything you have done and how much I love you SooBin." SooBin's mother said, her eyes suddenly beginning to weaken.

"E-e-eomma" "Eomma open your eyes!" "Please!" SooBin yelled, gently shaking her mother.

*The nurses heard SooBin screaming and rushed in to her out of the room*

"No! No stop! Let go of me!" SooBin cried, tears falling down her face.

"I'm sorry, your mother is dead.." said one of the nurses, while slowly letting go of SooBin's arm.

 

*3 years later*

 

*SooBin rushed to put on her socks and struggled to put her hair in a decent bun, as she was already 10 minutes late for work*

"Gahh" SooBin exclaimed while running to the subway, her messy hair flying in the wind and one sock missing from her feet.

*15 min. later she arrived at work*

"Im hereeee" SooBin announced, her coworkers staring at her, unamused.

"You're late" said Junho, SooBin's coworker and best friend at the cafe.

"I know, I forgot to set my alarm last night" SooBin said still out of breath from running earlier.

"And you look quite beautiful today" Junho said with a wink.

*SooBin looked into the mirror, to find..a monster staring back at her. Eyes wide open.*

"Omo!" SooBin exclaimed. "I look like a monster oppa." Soobin said while playfully punching Junho on the shoulder.

"Haha" "Let me help you" Junho said while reaching over to get the brush from her purse.

*Junho gently started combing SooBin's hair while humming a song to her*

"G-gomawo" said SooBin who stuttered when she was embarrased or terrified.

"Done" Junho said and smiled at SooBin, his teeth perfect.

*SooBin never noticed till now, but her bestfriend, Junho, was actually very handsome..*

"Alright, lets get to work now" SooBin said enthusiastically while rolling up her sleeves.

"Lets go" Junho said happily and followed her.

(new scene)

*He blinked his eyes sleepily, seeing that the sun was beginning to rise*

*yawn*

*He looked over at the clock to see that it was 7:00 AM.*

"Oh no" Joon said to himself, quickly getting up and looking for a pair of pants in his closet.

"This one will have to do" Joon said to a pair of long black pants he hadn't worn in a long time.

*He quickly finished getting ready..or at least he thought he did, as he opened the door and rushed outside to find a dozen women waiting outside his doorstep*

"H-h-he's shirtless!" a girl said overly excited.

*Joon looked down, and saw that he was shirtless. He tried to cover himself with his arms, but that didn't stop them from taking photographs*

*Joon quickly ran back inside his house*

"How could I have forgotten to wear a shirt" Joon said to himself as he looked in his closet and picked out a nice button-up.

*Frightened that the women who took pictures of him would still be waiting in the front, Joon decided to take the back door instead*

*20 min. later, Joon arrives at the subway*

"E-excuse m-me" said a young woman who looked to be in her teens.

"Yes?" Joon asked.

"May I have your autograph?" said the young woman with puppy eyes.

"No. I'm not an idol" Joon said.

"I-i know, but please" said the young woman who looked close to tears.

*Joon looked at her for a few minutes, before finally giving in.*

"Fine" Joon said as he signed his name on the notebook she gave him.

"T-t-thankyou" said the young woman graciously while giving Joon a quick bow and then returning to her seat.

*Joon arrived at the hospital*

"You're late for the 3rd time Joon" said Lee, Joon's only friend.

"I know, I've been sleeping in lately" "Also,today something extremely weird happened to me" Joon said.

"And that is?" Lee asked.

"Well, I accidentally was shirtless when exiting my house and these women..stalkers..took photos of me" Joon said.

"Hahaha, It's as if your an idol my friend" Lee said.

"I know" "It's scary.." Joon said.

*A few hours later*

*Back at the cafe* *Break*

"Oppa, I'm hungry" SooBin said, adding aegyo for more effect.

"Aigoo, your paying next time" Junho said teasingly.

*Junho took off his apron, and helped SooBin untie hers*

*He then took SooBin's hand and they walked to a restaurant near by*

"Oooh It smells soo goood" SooBin said happily.

"Hmm" Junho said while looking through the menu.

"Oppa, I want ddeokbokki!" SooBin exclaimed.

"Haha alright" Junho said, admiring SooBin's smile.

JUNHO'S POV: Her smile was one of the things that could instantly light up my day if I was feeling down..I don't know why I haven't realized it till now, but SooBin is Perfect. Do...I.. Like her?

"Yahh" SooBin said louder this time.

"Huh?" Junho said, finally coming back to reality.

"You totally spaced out on me haha" SooBin said and giggled.

"Oh sorry" Junho said, embarassed.

"No, its fine" SooBin said and smiled.

"Hey, lets take a picture together" SooBin said and took out her phone.

"Alright" said Junho.

*They moved closer together, and SooBin held out the peace sign, while using the other hand to take the pic*

"Here you go" said the waitress who set down the two plates in front of SooBin and Junho.

"Thankyou" said SooBin.

"You ordered for me?" asked Junho.

"Neh, sorry. You blanked out and I didn't know what to order so i got you the same thing" said SooBin

"No, no It's ohk." "I love ddeokbokki, Thankyou SooBin" Junho said and smiled.

*An Hour Later*

"Omo, i am soo stuffed" SooBin said.

"Me too." Junho said.

"Lets go back to the cafe, our shift hasn't ended yet" SooBin said.

"Yes, lets go" Junho said.

*They get back to the cafe and SooBin asks Junho to make her an americano*

"Anything for you" Junho says and winks.

*SooBin puts on her earphones and starts dancing around the cafe with her eyes closed since no one was around.*

*Door opens and Joon walks in with his head down in the book he was reading, and not paying attention to his surroundings*

*BAM*

*Joon's book drops to the floor*

JOON'S POV: I'm on my way towards the cafe to get some tea and to relax there for a while, as it is warm. I walk into the cafe my head into my book because it is very intense and then all of a sudden I bump into someone, and my book falls to the floor, losing its page. I was about to go off on this person who bumped into me, until I met eyes with her...s-she was.. different.

"Oh my gosh, I'm soo sorry" SooBin apologized and bent down to pick up the book.

"N-no it's ohk, that was my fault" Joon said.

"I'm SooBin" she said with a smile and reached out to shake his hand.

"Joon Park" he said and shook her hand.

"What can I get you?" SooBin said as she took off her earphones.

"Green tea" Joon said.

"Sure, I'll be right back" SooBin said with a smile.

"Thankyou" Joon said.

*SooBin walks back to the counter and sees Junho putting the cap on her americano*

"Here, I finished" Junho said with a smile.

"Thankyou, but hold on. There is a customer" SooBin said.

"What did they order?" Junho asked.

"Green Tea" said SooBin.

*SooBin began to make the Green Tea, while Junho stood next to her watching*

*A few minutes later SooBin finished the Green Tea*

l.jpg

"You are an expert SooBin" said Junho in amazement.

"Why thankyou" said SooBin while winking.

*SooBin walks out carrying the Green Tea carefully*

SOOBIN'S POV: I walked with the tea carefully, making sure I don't spill anything. To my surprise, the man...I mean...Joon was asleep, with his head on the table and his book had fallen into his lap. W-what..do..i do?

"Excuse me" SooBin said softly while lightly tapping Joon's shoulder.

*SooBin lightly tapped again, and Joon moved...almost falling to the floor but luckily he was caught by SooBin*

"Ehh?" Joon said sleepily.

"U-uhmm" SooBin said, her arms carrying Joon's surprisingly light body.

*SooBin then lost her grip on Joon's body and he fell..on top of her.*

*Joon woke up to find he was on top of someone*

"W-w-wat hapenned?" Joon said in shock and quickly got up.

"I-i'm so sorry" Joon said, embarassed to make such physical contact with a stranger.

"N-no it's ohk" SooBin said, still on the floor.

*Joon lended out his hand and pulled SooBin up*

"Thankyou" SooBin said.

*Joon just nodded, and walked out of the cafe in embarassment*

"Well, who was that?" asked Junho.

"I really don't know..but his name is Joon" said SooBin still shocked from what happened between her and Joon.

*SooBin then looks down on the floor to see Joon's book*

Open-Book.jpg

 

 

"He forgot his book" SooBin said to Junho.

*SooBin ran out of the cafe, and towards Joon who was walking at a fast pace*

"Wait! Y-your book!" SooBin yelled to Joon, hoping he would hear her.

*Joon turned around and squinted because it was dark outside, plus he didn't have his glasses with him at the moment*

"SooBin?" Joon asked.

*SooBin finally caught up to him with the book in her hand and something else...an umbrella?*

"H-here you left your book" SooBin said panting.

"Oh thanks.." Joon said shyly.

"This too" SooBin said.

*She handed him an umbrella*

"......" Joon was silent.

"Its going to rain soon" SooBin said.

"O-oh" was all Joon could manage to say.

*Suddenly, it began to rain*

"Oh no" SooBin said, quickly taking off her apron and trying to put it over her head.

"No need to go through such fuss" Joon said, while moving the umbrella towards SooBin so that they were sharing it.

"You really don't have to...it was for you.." SooBin said while blushing.

"No its ohk, I don't want you getting wet" Joon said.

SOOBIN'S POV:Those words, this moment...they were all making my heart flutter. I never felt this way before..I don't know what's happening..A stranger I knew nothing about..yet these feelings..how? Suddenly, your heart spoke before your mind..

"I-i can walk you home, if you want." SooBin said.

"O-oh sure" Joon said, surprised that you offerered to walk a stranger home.

"Just stay next to me" Joon said.

"Y-yes" SooBin said.

*SooBin took a left instead of a right by accident*

"I told you to stay next to me or you'll get lost haha" Joon said.

*Joon reaches over and takes SooBin's hand*

"Hold onto my hand, that way you won't get lost" Joon said with a small smile.

"O-ohk" SooBin said, unable to believe he was holding her hand.

"Your hands..their cold" Joon said softly.

"A-are t-they?" SooBin said trying to control her stuttering, but with no luck.

"Mmm, they say that people with cold hands have cold hearts" Joon said.

"Yahh, thats not true, people with cold hands have warm hearts" SooBin argued.

"Whatever you say miss" Joon teased.

*10 min. later*

"We're here" Joon said.

"Wow, this is your place?" SooBin asked in amusement.

"Yes" Joon said.

"It's soo big and pretty" SooBin said.

"Do you live here alone?" SooBin asked.

"I do." Joon said.

"Don't you ever get..lonely?" SooBin asked.

"......." "Well, bye. Thanks for walking me SooBin." Joon said after a long silence.

"Bye..Joon" SooBin said.

JOON'S POV: As SooBin walked away, I suddenly felt...lonely. I've never felt this way before, I was on my own all this time..until I met SooBin that is. See, there was something about her that was different from most girls..something unique. I closed the door to the front and walked upstairs to get ready for bed. I ed my shirt and pants, then headed to the shower. I'm determined to meet her again..

(new scene)

"SooBin!" said Junho as he rolled down his car window.

*SooBin was walking to her apartment alone in the rain*

"Huh? Junho oppa?" SooBin asked.

"What are you doing walking home alone?" Junho asked.

"I'll drive you home, its freezing outside" Junho said.

"O-oh thankyou oppa." SooBin said grateful that Junho came along.

"Of course" Junho said, getting out of his car and opening the car door for SooBin.

Junho and SooBin remained silent thorughout the whole ride to her house.

"Well, Bye. And thankyou once again" SooBin said.

"See you in a few days." Junho said with a smile, then drove off.

(The next day)

SOOBINS POV: It seems like I never get any rest these days, work is all my life consists of now. Today is my first day of officially being able to associate with the patients at the hospital. I've spent the last 3 months being trained and now I'm ready.

You would think that SooBin would come early for her first day being an official nurse, but unfortunately she was running late as usual.

SooBin got off the train, coffee in one hand, a purse on her side, and the other hand holding a portfolio of notes.

Walking at a fast pace, SooBin was only a few feet from the hospital until she felt her phone vibrate..

"Junho?" SooBin said to herself as she continued walking while looking down, trying to find her phone in her purse.

*BAM*

SooBin looked up to find a man covered in coffee...her coffee.

"O-omo I am soo sorry" SooBin said while grabbing a napkin from her purse and trying to soak up some of the spilt coffee on his shirt.

SooBin hadn't bothered to look at his face as she was mainly concentrating on removing the stain.

"It's fine SooBin" Joon said with a slight laugh.

"Huh?" SooBin said in confusion as she looked up to realize it was....him...

"We meet again." Joon said with ease.

"Y-yes, It's nice to see you again." SooBin said, her heart beat increasing at his presence.

"It's nice to see you as well" Joon said.

"O-oh I am soo sorry about your shirt." "I've been clumsy all this week." SooBin said.

"No, don't worry about it" Joon said smiling.

"By the way, do you work here by chance?" Joon asked.

"Yes, I do." "I've been training here for a few months, and today is my first day on the job" SooBin said.

"That explains why i've never seen you around, I'm a new surgeon here" Joon said.

"W-wow surgeon?" SooBin asked to reassure herself.

"Haha, yes" Joon replied.

Joon took out his glasses from his work bag and wiped the lenses, then put them on.

"Y-you wear glasses?" SooBin asked, surprised.

"Mmm yes i do." Joon said.

SOOBIN's POV: Impossible. How is one so perfect? I feel really guilty about his shirt though, maybe I should buy him a new one. Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

"Joon?" Soobin said.

"Hmm?" Joon said.

"We are going to be late for work, lets go" SooBin said.

"Oh, right." Joon said and walked alongside SooBin inside the building.

"Tsk, tsk" "Once again Joon, late." said Lee.

"Last time, i promise." Joon said.

"I'm just kidding with you, but what happened to your shirt." Lee asked.

"I ran into someone and I got coffee on it, its fine." Joon said.

"Ran into who?" Lee asked.

SooBin looked down in embarassment.

"Ahh, this lovely young lady over here?" Lee asked.

"I'm really sorry, I promise i'll buy you a new one Joon." SooBin said.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lee." "I'm Joon's bestfriend." Lee introduced himself to SooBin.

"Nice to meet you as well, I'm SooBin." "I'm Joon's friend." SooBin said.