My Only and Forever , Trust me

My King Unicorn

I’ve been waited for this day to come, and now the day. Finally I’ll be marrying my fiancé, Zhang Yixing or others called him Lay. One of EXO members, the 12 handsome and charming boys, who had ruled the world with their various types of charms.

 

I promise you that I’ll be the best for you, I’ll take you to anywhere you would like to go while you back-riding me. Am I your beloved unicorn?

 

I let out a tiny chuckle, remembering the past. The moments when I’m with him, it was so warm and great. I’ve no idea that we’re getting married to each other.

“Mei?”

I turn around to see my mum standing at the door, “mama, what are you doing standing over there, looking…at me so strange…why?” then, suddenly tears start to fall onto her cheeks.

I run toward her and abruptly hold her hands. “Mama, why are you crying? Something’s wrong?”, “I think you better come with me…so you can understand what’s happening…I don’t feel I can tell you by myself but I couldn’t bear to see you cry though…”

I don’t really understand what she is trying to explain. Then, she holds my shoulders and takes me to the hall, our wedding will be held there. I saw peoples were crowding at a place, have must be something occurred there.

I walk to the crowd of peoples as they give a way for me, so that I can see what’s really happening over here. My mum let go of my hand as she doesn’t feel like her feet could carry her again. I feel uneasy suddenly.

Then, finally I saw. I saw what’s really happening. My eyes start to tear up, my body feel weak abruptly. “Lay?”

My groom is lying weakly on the wooden floor, unconscious. I saw a bruise cut at his forehead and is bleeding. What is more shocking, there are shatters of broken vase beside him. “Who did this to you? Lay?”

I hold his hand, which is becoming colder little by little. “Mei…” I hear the familiar voice called out for my name. Then, the hand of the owner of the voice land on my shoulder.

I turn around to see Kris oppa crouching to my level. Behind him, there I saw the members of EXO.

“Lay…” I summoned his name, trying to wake him up.

“M-Mei…” another familiar voice called for my name. I turn around to see my best friend, Woohyun being held by Tao oppa and Chanyeol oppa. My eyes wondering his body and caught something. “What happened to your hand?” I said in shaky voice.

“Don’t you have anything to tell her?!” Baekhyun oppa mocked him from behind. He sounds like he’s mad.

“Are you going to tell her or once you’re in the lockup, and then you’ll tell the truth?” Tao oppa seems like he’s threatening Woohyun.

“What’s happening? My groom is being unconscious over here and why are you making Woohyun to tell something? Hyun…What had happened?” I asked.

He takes a deep breath and exhales the carbon dioxide. “Mei, I-I’m so sorry. The incident occurred when…….

 

Lay is preparing his tie and wedding suit.

I couldn’t bear it any longer.

I dragged Lay all the way here and slammed the doors behind.

“Woohyun? Waegurae?”

“Hyung, I don’t know what is so special about you that she loves you so much...but it hurt me in the inner side..”

“Woohyun-ah, what are you talking about?”

“Don’t try to pretend that you do not understand what I am talking about! You know, right? I love Mei…”

Lay seems too shocked that his mouth open wide but I don’t really believed him.

“Why? I know you did know that I’ve fall in love with her, weren’t you?”

Woohyun…Hyung is-”

“And now you’re marrying with the person I loved. Mwoya ige, hyung?”

I took two steps forward.

“Hyung, I’m really mad with you… Hyung, you must accept this as your punishment… but to me it’s a revenge that I wanted to claim to you…”

“Woohyun….. Geumanhae…..”

“Andwaeji… Hyung… Mian ….”

“Woohyun-ah!!”

 

 

Then, we had a fought. I grabbed the vase and….. Thrown it toward him. I’m aiming the vase would hit his stomach but it went toward his head instead…I’m sorry, Mei…” he revealed the truth and how this can be happened.

I feel something has stabbed my heart, it felt so much pain. I shed tears and go toward my weak future-husband. I pick him up onto my lap, let his head rest on me.

“Why did you do this to me, Hyun-ah…? We’re best friend, aren’t we?”

“But I never thought of you as my best friend… I love you …” I shook my head, close my eyes tight.

I cried loudly and keep on summoning for his name, hoping that he’ll wake. “Lay!!!”

Kris oppa wipe his hand back and forth on my back. I bend down to see my future-husband closely, he looks so gentle in his own way. My tears couldn’t be stop anymore, “Jjagi… When are you going to wake up? I-I’ll be waiting for you no matter what…uh?”

I hold his hand tighter and keep on waiting for his eyes to be open again.

 

Author’s POV

 

There, lies a charming boy alone with a white suit on. He suddenly opens his eyes and sits up straight. He looks over the place he is sitting on. “What is this place?” he asked nobody.

He stands off the ground and wandering around the place. Then, he spots something familiar to him. “Mei?”

He saw him, himself lying underneath the familiar girl to him.

 

“Mei, I will take care of you forever”

“Geojimal…”

“Yah, don’t you believe your lover?”

“I’m just afraid that you’ll leave me later…”

“How can I do that to my only girl, Liew Mei Ling?”

“Zhang Yixing, why would you say out my full name? I am comfortable with the name, Mei…”

“Pppfftt… Since you lived in Korea, you always like to use that name… Arrasseo… Mei~”

“Hehehe… but will you really going to leave me?”

“Mei, I promise you that I’ll be the best for you, I’ll take you to anywhere you would like to go while you back-riding me. Am I your beloved unicorn? And one thing that I’ll do is not to leave my precious girl… ever”

 

Then, they hug each other. On the other side, the charming boy is still wondering how and why is he here.

 

‘Lay~’

 

He stunned. He looks at right and left, back and front. Nothing can be found.

 

‘Lay~~~ -crying voice- Lay~~~’

 

“Mei?!” he starts to sweating all over his body. He turns around and saw the familiar guy. The guy is grabbing his only girl within her neck. The girl seems weak to escape from his grip.

“Hyun…” he said. “Hyung, if you don’t mind, let her be mine…” the guy threatened him. He furrows his eyebrow and grits his teeth.

“Lay~” the girl shouted for his name. His eyes went toward the girl, then back to the guy. “Let her go…”

The guy smirk, “what if I won’t?” he seems doesn’t really care and still holding the girl’s neck.

“Lay… wakes up! Lay, jebal! Wake up!! Lay…” the girl keep on asking him to wake up but he doesn’t understand what’s going on.

“Wake up… Wake up!!!!”

Then, everything went black out.

 

Mei’s POV

 

“….Wake up, jjagi… wake up!!!” I shook his body. “Mei, calm down…” Kris oppa grabbed my shoulder to keep me calm. However, can I be calm like this? “Jjagi? Please, ireona…”

My tears fall onto his face like heavy rain. “Why did this happened on our wedding day? Why? Why we?” I asked, hoping that he’ll answer but there is no answer can be heard.

I close my eyes tight, gritting my teeth. Holding the pain inside, losing my soul and sanity bit by bit. My heart broke already. I would wish the god please give me the second chance to live with my only guy that has lived in my heart all this time. I can’t lose him now. Not on this day. Your majesty, give me the second chance. Please bring Lay back to live. Take mine instead. He left because of me. Woohyun…

“Take my life instead…” I feel like my soul has slowly being taken from my body. “Don’t take her life…” I stunned.

 

That voice…

 

I feel my hand which is gripping Lay’s hand suddenly being hold tight. I felt the warm of my beloved unicorn in my hand. I am afraid to open my eyes again because I could sense something isn’t right.

“Mei!” I heard mum’s voice shouting for me.

“Mei noona! Look!” Tao’s voice shouting for me too. I’m curious what is happening but I don’t feel to see the world again. Should I just shut off my eyes?

I feel Kris oppa’s hand grabbing my shoulder. “Mei, open your eyes! He’s alive!” he shook my shoulder. He’s alive? Lay?

Right then, I feel a warm hand of the old days caressing my face. Wiping off the tears away, and then caressing my cheek again. “M-Mei… Jjagi, o-open yo-your eyes…” I kind of know whose voice is it.

I slowly open the both of eyes of mine and turn my attention to Lay. I am shocked. My heart is pounding hard, my eyes open so wide. Lay is alive?! He’s alive?!!

“L-La-ay?” “What’s that? That’s not my name…” he is so spontaneous making joke after having my heart shattered, hopelessly. My tears shed again against my face, “Lay!” I sling my arm underneath his arm and give him a tight hug. I don’t care that he’s still hurt.

“Hey… Jjagi, relax…” he said. “How can I calm down after having thought that you’re really going to leave me forever…?! On our wedding day?! No! I can’t!” I let out my inner heart’s pain. I couldn’t bear it when I have to lose him.

He gently puts his arm around my waist and hugs me. He hooks his chin on my shoulder, “jjagiya, mianhae… I’ve made you cried… Don’t cry anymore… I can’t stand when my only girl crying so hard” he hugs me tighter.

I place my hands on his chest and crying hardly, resting my head under his neck. He cares my hair and comforts me, the warm from the old days are being feel again.

 

 

 

One month later…

 

I walk out of our (hers and Lays) house and catch the fresh air. My eyes wander to find my beloved unicorn-husband, then I caught he’s sitting on the bench under a tree and is playing his guitar. I smile and go toward him. I approach him with light steps, wanting to surprise him from behind.

“I know it already…” he suddenly turns around and my plan was ruined. “Oh how much I want to surprise you… Why did you turn around?” I smack his arm playfully and sit beside him.

I take a deep breath and let it out. “Yeobo, I want to apologize to you…” he looks at my eyes, while he lifts his left eyebrow. “Apologize… what for?” I gulp my saliva.

“Before, I don’t really trust you that you’ll love me to the very internal of your heart and always believing that you’ll leave me one day. After that unforgettable incident happened, I really felt so much pain in my heart and start to blame myself for trusting that you’ll leave. On that day, you only left me only for a moment but I already felt something torn apart my heart and realise that I shouldn’t believe negatives. As the days fly by, I have actually one space in my heart that can only be fill by your love… You fought with Woohyun to win my love… and I appreciate it. I-I am really stupid... I was so idi-” he puts his index finger against my lips.

“Don’t blame yourself again… I don’t like it. You never did wrong toward me. Of course I’ll fight for my love to you. There are only you in my heart… because I’m your King Unicorn… You’re my queen… My queen who ruled my heart forever…” he plays his guitar.

He starts to sing EXO’s song. Just by looking at him and what’ve I done to him before makes me shedding tears.

He turns to look at me and furrows his eyebrows. He puts his guitar away and went by my side, hugging me at the waist. “Honey… Why are you crying again?” I sling my arms onto his neck.

 

“I love you…” he whispered. “I love you too…” I said in between my cry.