Second.

Worth the wait

She had waited so long for him. Six years, seven months and two days.

 

 

The waiting for him was still going and she waited, waited, and continues to wait.

 

 

 

Every night by the window, she will look out and greet the moon with the sad smile, holding a picture of the old days to her heart as she looked into the quiet night and pictured a life with him---with Jongin.

 

 

 

Every day of waiting made her feel weaker. She couldn't eat, couldn't sleep and couldn’t even talk for months after he left.

 

 

 

 

And eventually she did catch something

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

 

While they having the P. E class with Sehun and Tao, Sehun got her so mad, teasing him always. She couldn't take it anymore. So she ran after him.

 

 

 

"Haha! Catch me weak!" Sehun teased.

 

 

 

 

 

"You think it is easy being a girl huh?! You coward?!" she yelled as she throw another ball to him. "You don't understand anything Sehun. You're just a ----"

 

A jolt of pain exploded in her chest, so intense that she saw black spots in her vision. The last thing she heard was Sehun and Tao calling her name.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~at the hospital~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

"We took scans of your entire body Dara." Mrs. Choi told her gently as she looked down at the girl with sad eyes.

 

 

 

"Your heart is beating quite irregularly and seems to have spasms quite often."

 

 

 

Dara stared up at her doctor. The only mother figure that she ever had.

 

 

 

"What does that mean?" she asked.

 

 

 

The doctor gently took Dara’s hand in her own, it comfortingly.

 

 

 

"It means that you have a weak heart. If you ever get angry, too excited, too happy, too sad, your life will end at that moment."

 

 

 

Tears rolled down on her face as she took the girl's pained face.

 

 

 

Dara wished that for just once, she could be able to laugh and cry like she used to. To be able to experience bliss and extreme anger instead of learning how to dissipate the feelings on sheer will.

 

I

 

f she was still her 12-years-old still listening to the stoic Jongin, she would have believed that she was strong, able to push emotions away with such beautiful practice that would have gained anyone's admiration and respect.