Oneshot

Snow flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first day I have met you, was the day the first snow flower began falling. Snowflowers, slowly bloomed from the blue sky above. So beautiful, so pure. Like you were in that day. Like your image in my heart…

That’s the small CD shop in the city, which quietly hides behind all the tall towers and luxury buildings . That CD shop always has so many guests come because its owner must be a very nice person, he or she has created a shop which brings people the warm and very comfort feeling. I was a familiar guest at there. I used to come the shop, pick good CDs, wear a headphone, and sink into my own little world. The place where I always stood, was a place has a big glass window. I could look from there, to the world over here, the world where people are too crowd, are too busy to live, come and go, in a circle of battles for fame and money…Till the end, what’s wish of a life ?? Can it…be a place where we call “home”, and a person whom we can call “ where I belong”….

In that day, my place was taken by a little one. I looked around, the shop was full of guest, no empty place could be found. However…I smirked, why did I need to leave ? I went near that boy, took of one of his headphones and put it into my ear. I smiled in a lumpen way to him.

“ Listen with me or leave ! This is my place, little one !”

That boy opened his already big eyes widely and glanced hardly at me. In his eyes, I could see a question “ Who’s this crazy guy ???” And that when I could see that boy’s face clearly. In fact, that boy’s the kind of boys whom the girl will scream “ Cute !!!”,  when they see him. He has white skin, very dark and silky hair which is cut neat way, high nose, pink lips. And the most special thing in his face, is his big eyes and dark circle under them. I nearly laughed out loud. He looks like a Panda very much, a cute one to tell. That boy looked at me for a while, and finally he turned away and whispered somethings. I couldn’t hear it, but I knew, it was not a good thing at all, maybe he was cursing me….Hahaha, but I didn’t care at all. I stood at where I wanted to, it was enough for me. I didn’t care a stranger in my life had what thought about me. I looked out the window, snowflowers were beginning falling. All the large skyline, all slowly was cover in white and cold color. A scene brought people a very lonely feeling…And suddenly, in my earphone, a sad song also was playing.

The snow flowers fell 

Outside the window 

Unceasing 

And colored our town 

I realized that love means 

Wanting to do something 

For someone else 



If I should lose you 

I'll become a star and shine on you 

I'll be with you even on nights 

When your smile is wet with tears …”

When the song just ended, I heard a very small cry. It was too low tone to hear, but unluckily for its owner, I still could hear. I silently glanced at the little one near me, and all I see is his red eyes are like a little bunny. Huh, was this song that moving ? That boy felt my look and lifted his head up to see, and immediately his face was all red like tomato because of embrassment. I wanted to laugh so much, normally I have already done that, however, I didn’t do that. Maybe that day, was a strange day, too strange day. Maybe because, snowflowers were falling, finally were blooming so beautifully…I quitely took out a handkerchief and put it into little one’s hand. I put my hand on that boy’s head and gently his hair. I looked out the window again, didn’t look at his face, and sang sad words…

“I realized that love means 

Wanting to do something 

For someone else “

That boy held my handkerchief tightly, and secretly looked at my face, looked at me and looked at the handkerchief, for a while, finally he used it to wipe his tears. That boy also looked out, and just let me his hair. We kept silence, and together, felt the heart-rending feeling of the white snow…

And that boy, of course, is you.

I and you met, in the most strange sittuation like that.

So long after the first encounter, I have asked you, why did you cry on that day ? You bited your lips and didn’t speak any words. I had to tickle you over and over till you cried because of laughter, I had an answer from you. And your answer, made me don’t know how to cry or laugh out loud for your naïve personality.

“ I was born in December, isn’t it month of snowflowers ?? So I always felt, the emotion in that song, was my emotion too. So whenever I heard that song, I cried…only like that…Don’t you dare laugh at me !!!”

You know what, now I understood, everthing that you said, it’s not a naïve thought at all, not at all…Indeed, it’s a prediction of you…Snowflowers…always is so fragile and vanish too easily…

From that day, I had a companion. Everyday, at the same time, I would see a little one was waiting for me at the usual place, opened your big eyes to look at me. An earphones. A song. You and I shared them together. We all kept sikent, didn’t talk with other even one words. With me, it was fine like that. You stayed there, but felt like you aren’t there. You were like a shadow, quitely came and went. I have never been a person who likes to care for other person, you used to call me cold heart, right ? So maybe, I and you could forever be strangers like that, if one day I didn’t see you in the white snow…

The day you didn’t come to the CD shop, I stood alone and also wore an complete earphones alone. This feeling..a little bit strange. I looked at my image on the glass window, my shadow looked lonely, didn’t it…I was so shock because of my thought. Ahh, I smirked, habit is really a dangerous thing ! So I decided to leave early, didn’t want my thought to become stranger anymore. Just when I walked calmly to my house, I saw you. At the side road, you were standing there, like a souless statue. Your face, your shoulder, your clothes, all were covered in white. The weather was very cold that day, snow had fallen so hard, but you only wore a thin uniform. I could see your skin turned color because of coldness. I could see your eyes were red again… I turned away and began walking away. You and I, after all, were strangers, right ?? It didn’t concern to me… However, right when I walked one step away, like a fate, the store’s near me, a familiar song.

“Our shadows stretch out on the pavement 

As I walk in the twilight with you 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter