rah

nerrrr

“All right everyone, we‘re here,” Junmyeon announces excitedly as their vehicle comes to a gradual stop on a gravelly path that leads up to a house painted a stereotypically gaudy sea green color to which all twelve boys stopped and stared in awe.

“It’s- It’s beautiful,” Jongdae sighs in admiration while fake wiping a tear from his eye.

“I’M ROOMING WITH LUHAN,” Sehun shouts as he abruptly grabs his stunned boyfriend’s wrist, cackling evilly as he runs towards the beach house in order to claim a room first.

“Yah, wait up!” Chanyeol says as he and Baekhyun also run after the two to try and get first pick in their rooms.

“What? No fair, I wanted to room with Luhan!” Minseok groans at the loss of his prospective video gaming partner. After all, he had brought along his gaming console to set up in his room for endless nights of whooping Luhan’s in Call of Duty.

“I call the room farthest away from Sehun and Luhan. God knows they’ll be keeping the poor souls in the room next to them awake all night what with them being boys and such,” Jongin says pompously and then grabs Kyungsoo’s hand.

“Oh, and Kyungsoo’s rooming with me,” Jongin adds and his expression turns into a eating grin as he also proceeds to run towards the beach house while dragging a helpless Kyungsoo along in his grip.

“Did he really just diss Sehun for all the noise he and Luhan make, when he and Kyungsoo are no silent angels themselves?” Kris scoffs.

“You know, you and Tao aren’t much better, either. Tao’s rather high pitched,” Jongdae chuckles snidely, and Tao’s eyes widen in utter horror at this.

Kris, snorts at this. Feeling the need to redeem his embarrassed boyfriend’s pride, starts to retaliate, “Jongdae you and Minseok literally sound like howling cats in heat every time you-”

“Ahahahaha, guys, come on,” Junmyeon chuckles nervously, interrupting the two bantering boys. “Let’s not turn this into a competition of who is or isn’t loudest. We’re here to enjoy our break.”

Kris raises his eyebrow at Junmyeon and then returns his gaze to Jongdae. A new competitive spark flies between the two as they both narrow their eyes dramatically at each other.

“Oh, it’s on,” Jongdae says with a challenging tone in his voice.

“… Guys?” Junmyeon asks, confused as to what was currently conspiring between Kris and Jongdae.

Jongdae just laughs and snakes his arm around his boyfriend Minseok’s waist. “Come on, Minnie. Let’s rest now, so we’ll have lots of energy to spend on tonight, hmm?” Jongdae salaciously winks at a blushing Minseok and then sticks his tongue out at Kris as they walk away towards the entrance of the beach house.

All the color drains from Junmyeon’s face, and Kris just smirks that smug little smirk of his.

“Oh, no.. You guys aren’t really…. Battling it out tonight, are you?” Junmyeon balks and stares at Kris in horror.

Kris just wraps his arm around Tao’s waist and grins. “Thanks for the great idea, Junmyeon. I have ear plugs, if you really want ‘em for later on. Let’s go, Tao.” They turn around, leaving behind a stricken Junmyeon, who looks like he is about to have a heart-attack.

Right when he felt he was about to faint at the idea of all the other couples spending their spring break going at it like rabbits, he feels a pair of arms wrap around him from behind.

“Don’t worry about them, let’s just relax and enjoy our spring break, okay?” a gentle voice whispers soothingly in his ear, effectively calming him down.

Junmyeon turns his head around to see Yixing’s head perched upon Junmyeon’s shoulder, his face smiling up at him angelically.

“Fine.. You’re right,” Junmyeon sighs and then returns Yixing’s beautiful smile with one of his own. Yixing takes Junmyeon’s hand into his own and together they walk into the beach house, neither of them braced for the impending chaos that would ensue in the next week.

********

Needless to say, the first day is everything anyone would expect of twelve boys living together with the freedom to do whatever they pleased in their rented out beach house. Junmyeon self-assigns himself the role of Baby-sitter to make sure no one got any funny ideas.

“Oh my god, Sehun, not on the couch!” Junmyeon says exasperatedly as he quickly pries a shameless Sehun off of a flustered Luhan and smacks the younger upside the head.

“Ow, ow, ow! Stop being a party pooper, Junmyeon!” Sehun pouts.

“Yeah, Junmyeon, stop being so uptight, sheesh. You sound like an old man that needs to get laid,” Luhan cackles and Junmyeon proceeds to smack him on the head, too.

“Hmm, Luhan, you might have a good point there,” Sehun muses thoughtfully. “Does our little Junmyeonnie need to get laid?” Sehun’s grin spans wider than all of Asia and his eyes glint with tell tale signs danger.

“Y-You guys are ridiculous,” Junmyeon mutters, giving the two mischievous blondes appropriate glares before turning to walk away.

Once gone, Luhan and Sehun exchange devilish grins. “All right Luhan, you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“Operation Get-Junmyeon-Laid?” Luhan smiles sweetly, as if he weren’t currently plotting the demise of their dearest ever-worrying friend Junmyeon. Sehun just laughs at the thrill of the idea.

“You are exactly right.”

*****

They order pizza that night and huddle around in the living room while watching old re-runs of SNL Korea.

“So, who wants to go to the beach tomorrow?” Jongin asks aloud while unceremoniously the grease off of his fingers from the pizza.