*1

Hold My Heart (And Maybe A Little More)

Is there a love you'd risk everything for?

 

Minsoo and Kwangsun had gotten married in March of 2013 and had been happily married for 3 months, at least, that's what Kwangsun thought.

 

"Sun!" Hosook exclaimed, she was Kwangsun's best friend. Everyone called Kwangsun Sun because she had a boy's name and never liked it.

"Hey hows it going?" Sun smiled as she bowed to the customer who had just purchesed a large quantity of cosmetics.

"You know how its going, are you coming with me?" Hosook beamed as she jumped onto the counter and stared at Sun with the eyes of a 5 year old on Christmas Day.

"I don't think it's good for me to leave Misoo for a week to go to the reunion. I already told you that."

"Just bring him with you." Hoosok groaned.

"Uh we're not allowed to bring a plus one, it's like they thought we were all gonna be single for the next 5 years." Sun rolled her eyes at the fact that no plus one's were allowed.

"But we haven't seen like Sehun or Jongin in like 5 years don't you miss them?" There was a silence in the room for a good minute after Hosook mentioned those 2 names.

"You swore you would never mention those names again." Sun was anything but happy. After that last statement, she made up her mind. "I'm not going, have fun with them without me."

"God, you're so ing difficult!" Hosook hoped off the counter and stared straight into Sun's dark brown eyes, "Please go. Not for Sehun. Not for Jongin. For me. Go for me. I beg of you." Sun sighed.

"I'll talk to Minsoo about it."

"Make sure you don't tell him about Sehun or Jongin." Hosook winked and Sun punched her in the shoulder followed by a little laugh.

"You're so nasty, I was stupid back then." Sun argued.

"All of us were."

"Alright enough about this, go home and sleep, you have work don't you?"

"Yes mother, and you better decide to come."

"Minsoo and I will decide."

"You don't need his permission you're a grown woman."

"Go!" Sun yelled.

"Alright alright I'm going." Hosook waved and left the small cosmetic shop. Sun loved her and everyhting but she could be a real pain. Hosook was extremely persistent and she knew she wouldn't give up no matter what Minsoo said. 

 

As soon as Sun got home she began to cook dinner. Barbequed Pork, Minsoo's favorite. She set the table, cleaned the whole kitchen up and waited for him to get home. One hour, two hours, three hours, eventually it was midnight and he still wasnt home, still she sat at the table waiting. The tears threatened to fall each passing hour but she held them in, he was late almost everyday she didn't know why she bothered to cook but it's what the wife was suppose to do so she kept on doing it.

Finally, at 1:37 Minsoo plodded into the house not even caring if Sun was asleep. But there she sat, at the table with the dining room lights still on.

"May I go to my high school reunion on the twenty-fifth for a whole week. It's in Jeju. I want to spend quality time with Hosook, we never get to see each other anymore." Sun's voice was montone as she asked for Minsoo's permission. She was tired and angry and she wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Have fun." Those were the only words he said, it's like he didn't even care about her.

 

"Sun, come over, I miss you," Minsoo whined over the phone, "your classes are cutting in my time with you."

Sun laughed, "I'm sorry baby, you know I can't just skip class."

"But would you?" Sun could practically hear the smirk on Minsoo's face.

"When?" Was all she asked.

"Tomorrow, normally during your Psych class."

"Alright I'll be in my room, my roommate is with her family this week."

"I'll see you tomorow!" Minsoo smiled and hung up.

 

"What happened to us?"

 

"Good night." Sun said sadly and walked up to her the room she shared with herself.