FINAL

I wanna grow old with you

Seohyun POV

I was sitting in a café reading a self-improvement book while waiting for my friends to turn up. We have been friends for so long that we treat each other like sisters, and we have planned our Saturday together. No matter how busy we are with our lives or our boyfriends, we have always made the effort for a girls’ day out bi-weekly on a Saturday. It was something I have always looked forward to as life is never dull, being the youngest out of all 9 of us. I get to see how the unnies are bickering with each other about small things and laugh about it soon after, and also get all the love and attention from them. Not saying that I only get love from them. I have great parents and also a very loving boyfriend – Jung Yong Hwa. Although he might be very childish at times, it probably is what makes our relationship interesting, seeing all sides of him. As I let my thoughts wonder about my whiny boyfriend, book forgotten, I snapped out of it when I heard my phone giving me a notification of a text.

Hyun~ Enjoy your girls’ day out with the rest ok? Take some time to miss me! Muacks! I love you~

A simple text like that from him with a hint of his usual chodingness never fails to brighten up my day.

Dae~ don’t drink too much coffee ok? I already miss you Yong~ Nado Saranghae

“Hoho! Look at our love struck maknae! That must be Yongseobang and his cheesy text.” I turned around and saw Sunny unnie with the rest of the unnies with teasing smirks on their faces. Well, except for the 2 shikshin unnies, Yoona and SooYoung unnies, who were busy eating. I blushed deeply, cheeks turning tomato red, knowing that I was caught. Throughout the 4 years that Yong oppa and I have been together, we have received non-stop teasing from them, but it was something I couldn’t get used to.

“Unnie-deul~” I whined with a little bit of aegyo, knowing that they will give in to it and stop their teasing. Some shivered at my rare aegyo and others just laughed it off as found their own seats settling down after they ordered their drinks from the waiter.

We spent some time to catch up with each other’s lives and when we were almost done, Taeyeon unnie caught our attention and said,

“Hey, it is such a nice weather outside. It would be wasteful to stay indoors. Why not let’s continue our catch-up session by the banks of Han River?”

Everyone found it a good suggestion and we used Hyoyeon and Taeyeon unnies’ car, since they were the only ones without 2-seaters.

 

Yong Hwa POV

I felt so nervous. This is the day I have been preparing weeks for. My heart has been feeling uneasy ever since this morning until I texted her. I smiled as I read her reply, calming down a little bit. Her parents have been helping me with my preparations together with her 8 sisters, and I cannot be thankful enough for their support. Of course on my side, I have my 3 dongsaengs to help carry things out.

“Hyung, we have practiced this a thousand times. It won’t go wrong, and she will say yes. So stop fidgeting around and let us practice one last time before we meet the love of your life,” Minhyuk calmly told me. The other 2 members just nodded their head, probably agreeing to the fact that she will say yes.

“I just want it to be perfect and memorable. But… What if she says no? What if she’s not ready yet? Wh-“

“Cut it out with the ‘what if’s, Hyung. We will not know the answer until we do it. If she rejects you, we can always just try again. Now stop being a coward, man up, and we can start practice. Yoona told me they are meeting in an hour and if we don’t hurry, we will really screw up. Bad,” Jonghyun glared while lecturing me. He may be a man of few words but he is scary when he is angry.

I lowered my head after nodding in agreement to start practice, still worried about what will happen later.

Hyun~ I have put in a lot of effort into this day. Will you agree to marry me?

 

Seohyun POV

My sisters have decided for all of us to go and take a trip on the Han River Cruise. We boarded the boat, buying the dinner buffet package as we sat down and chatted further. I finished my meal quite fast because I wasn’t very hungry. Seeing that I have finished my meal, Tiffany unnie pulled me out onto the deck as we leaned on the railings, enjoying the evening breeze.

“How’s it going between you and Yongseobang, Hyunnie?” Tiffany unnie asked me after a while of comfortable silence.

“Things are going well unnie. I’ve been really happy for the past 4 years. There might have been some instances where we fought, but I think they just brought us together even more, strengthening our bond,” I replied her. I was really glad I have all 8 unnies caring for me since I am the only child at home. Being the youngest in this group, I really received a lot of love. They are really like my family to me and I do not know what I would be without any one of them.

A soft sound of music seems to be getting closer to where we were and we turned around and look. I saw Tiffany unnie sneak away from my peripheral view and I wondered why, and my question was answered when I saw my dear boyfriend walking towards me singing while holding a bouquet of roses, looking straight into my eyes, with his band mates behind him playing their guitars.

 

I WANNA GROW OLD WITH YOU

BY WESTLIFE
 

Another day 
Without your smile 
Another day just passes by 
But now I know 
How much it means 
For you to stay 
Right here with me 

The time we spent apart will make our love grow stronger 
But it hurt so bad I can't take it any longer 

I wanna grow old with you 
I wanna die lying in your arms 
I wanna grow old with you 
I wanna be looking in your eyes 
I wanna be there for you 
Sharing everything you do 
I wanna grow old with you 

A thousand miles between us now 
It causes me to wonder how 
Our love tonight remains so strong 
It makes our risk right all along 

The time we spent apart will make our love grow stronger 
But it hurt so bad I can't take it any longer 

I wanna grow old with you 
I wanna die lying in your arms 
I wanna grow old with you 
I wanna be looking in your eyes 
I wanna be there for you 
Sharing everything you do 
I wanna grow old with you 

Things can come and go I know but 
Baby I believe 
Something's burning strong between us 
Makes it clear to me 

I wanna grow old with you 
I wanna die lying in your arms 
I wanna grow old with you 
I wanna be looking in your eyes 
I wanna be there for you 
Sharing everything you do 
I wanna grow old with you

 

I could see him being nervous in the first part of the song, slowly becoming more confident as if there was only the 2 of us on this deck, although there was a big crowd looking at us right now. He looked so handsome in his white suit I just felt my heart skip random beats. I gasp as I covered my mouth, eyes swelling up with tears, touched that he put in so much effort into this event. Is this what I think it is?

As the song ends, he was standing right in front of me, handing me the bouquet of roses.

“A beautiful bouquet, for the most beautiful woman in my life.”

“Thank you, but what is going on? I know you are normally already very sweet and all but-”

“Hyun~ I would request that you listen to everything I have to say before saying anything else, is that alright?”

I nodded my head slowly, amused that my normally choding boyfriend is being so serious and y right now.

“Seohyun. Sarang-ah, I am very thankful that you came into my life. You brightened up my life with colours that I never knew existed. You handled me well when I was being childish, when I was sick, and when I was tired. Not only did you take care of me, you took care of my family and my dongsaengs as well. We were together no matter whether we were happy, sad or angry.  For the past 4 years we have been together, we have gone through thick and thin together, every fight strengthening our bond, every smile of yours brightens up my life even more. At this moment, I, Jung Yong Hwa, want to give you the promise and lifetime commitment. I want to take care of you, equally well or better than when you take care of me. I want to spoil you and make you my queen. I want to be there for you, in all the good times as well as the bad. Most importantly, I want to grow old with you.”

His eyes were so sincere; it was as if he was trying to convey how much he loves me through our eye contact. After he finished, he kneeled down on one knee, with an open ring box in his hands, looking up at me expectantly. It was then when I lost all control over my tears as they made their way down my face.

“Seo Juhyun, would you like to grow old with this childish man in front of you? Will you marry me?”

I looked back at him lovingly, knowing that he must be going crazy inside as he waited. Suddenly, memories of us started flooding back to me and I can no longer stop the tears that were falling onto my face. I snapped out of my thoughts when the crowd, including my unnies and his dongsaengs started cheering for me to say yes.

Slowly, I stretched out my left hand before finally saying,

“My answer is yes, Jung Yong Hwa, I am more than willing to marry you.”

The crowd cheered, our close ones were giving each other hi-fives while he got up and slipped the engagement ring onto my ring finger and pulled me into a tight embrace.

After a few seconds, he pulled out of the embrace before whispering,

“I love you Hyun~. Thank you for being willing to marry me.”

“I love you too.”

We both leaned in and engaged into a passionate kiss, earning many cheers from the crowd, marking a new beginning of another phase in my life. 

 

A/N: 

Photo credits to its owner. I do not own it. Song featured is I wanna grow old with you by westlife, hence the title of this story

Well, that's it. I don't know, I feel satisfied about it but I feel uneasy as well. Well you guys gotta know I'm not confident about this ok? I'll be elated if you can give me comments. Have a good day people!

Til next time~