Blind Date

Blind Date - Lee Joon

Sitting on your front steps, the sun basked down from the azure sky as white puffy clouds played with the sun. Playing with the hem of your white tea dress, a little jean jacket with short sleeves completed your outfit along with some white sandals.

A black car pulled up as you rested your chin in the palm of your hand. Glancing upwards you sighed as you knew that it was time for your blind date that G.O, one of your best friends, had hooked up for you. G.O got out of the car as he walked over and sat next to you on your steps.

"Why do you look so sad on this perfect day?" G.O asked you nudging your shoulder with his.

"I don’t want to go." You mumbled against your hand as you heard him chuckle and his arm linked into yours.

"You will have fun! I know it!" He tried to convince you as he widened his eyes trying to be like a puppy.

"But…. What if I don’t?" Turning your head you looked at him as he sat up and let out a breath.

"Then you can ask him to bring you home early. He is a nice guy, he will take care of you. He won’t do anything that you don’t want him to." G.O said that made you feel a little at ease.

"Ok, I’ll go." You sighed as G.O smiled and helped you up from the steps as he walked with you over to his car. Sitting in the passenger seat, he sat in the driver’s seat as he started up the car.

"G.O?" You played with the ring around your thumb as you looked out the window at the passing scenery.

"Hmmmm?" G.O took it slow around the corners as the ocean came into your view.

"Can I call you if I need to?" You looked over at him as your heart pounded against your ribs as your stomach did flips.

"Of course. I’ll beat him up if he does anything to you too." G.O joked as you laughed and he pulled into a parking space.

"Where are we meeting him?" You pushed the door open as G.O got out as well.

"In the smoothie shop just right over here, I’ll introduce you two and then I have to go, since it is only a two person date." G.O said as you nodded.

The Hawaiian styled hut looked cute with its surfboards and palm trees around with grass skirts and colorful flowers hanging around. There was a man pacing back and forth as his hands were in his jean pockets as the rips showed his toned legs as his thumbs stuck out of his pockets. Wearing a white button up, the top buttons were undone to let the wind catch them as you saw the grey tank top underneath.

"Joon!" G.O called as the man looked over and stopped his pacing as all three of you met together. G.O high fived Joon as his eyes soon went to you.

"Joon, this is my best friend, _____ ______" G.O introduced you as you bowed to Joon. "This is Lee Joon, he is in MBLAQ and is an actor as well."

"It’s really nice to meet you ______." Joon said with a smile as you nodded.

"I have to go, so have fun you two!" G.O called as he walked just out of your reach as you watched him walk away, biting your lip in regret that he left you with a complete stranger.

Silence filled the space between the two of you as both of you just stood there. Joon kept glancing at you as his heart picked up its pace. Moving his eyes to the sun, the hot rays of the sun basked down on the two of you, heating both of you up.

"Hey…. ______. Do you want to get a smoothie? I heard they were really good here." Joon offered as you looked up at him with a nod.

Shuffling over to the window, you looked at all of their choices as your eyes scanned all of the options carefully. Standing beside you, Joon made up his mind as he watched you as you looked over at him, quickly moving his eyes from you he rubbed his exposed arms.

"Did you make up your mind?" He asked as you nodded, heading over to the window you ordered for yourself then stepped away as he ordered his drink and paid for the two of you.

"Would you like to sit down?" He asked as he slipped his wallet into his back pocket.

"Yes, please" You nodded your head once again as you found a table and Joon pulled out your seat so that you could sit down. Sitting across from you, your eyes stayed away from him as you crossed your legs under the table and you began to play with your thumb ring once again.

"What do you like to do for fun?" He asked leaning towards you as he put his hands on the table.

"Lots of things." You vaguely said as he nodded his head, as he was figuring out that you were shy and quiet but he liked it. It was a nice change of pace for him than the screaming uncontrollable girls. 

"You’re drinks are ready" The surfer boy at the window called as Joon got up as you did too. With a small smile on his lips, you bit your lip as you both moved and got your drinks.

Being careful of your footing, you saw a hidden drop at the front of the shop as you stepped down but Joon didn’t see it as he tumbled forward into the sand as his smoothie crashed up against his pure white button up.

"A-Are you ok?" You went to his aid as you helped him up as he nodded.

"Sorry, I get clumsy when I am nervous." Joon said softly as you smiled, glad that you weren’t the only one nervous on this date. Looking down at his shirt, it was ruined and he knew it as he looked at you.

"Would you mind ordering me another drink, I have a spare shirt in my car, I’ll be right back." He said as you nodded, he walked towards his car as you ordered him another drink. Once his drink was finished and he hadn’t come back yet, you walked back to your table as you set his smoothie in the hot sun as you sipped yours.

Looking around he took his seat in front of you as he wore a light blue shirt with a white logo on his chest as it hugged his strong shoulders.

"Thank you for ordering another one for me." He said as you nodded and sipped yours slowly. Feeling the cooling ice rush down your throat was a perfect way to cool off as the midday soon started to move in the sky as Joon just watched you from across the table.

A smile was prominent on his face as he thought about how cute you were and you being shy around him was making him fall for you with every second.

"Would you like to go for a drive with me?" Joon asked as you set your finished drink on the table.

"A-A drive?" You asked him as he nodded his head. "Where?"

"Just around, there are some really pretty view out here." Joon said as he grabbed your empty cup as he threw them both away as you stood up from the table. Feeling hot in your jean jacket, you took it off as your spaghetti straps hung on your shoulders as Joon and you both walked back to his car which happened to be a red convertible.

Opening the door for you, you sat in the passenger seat as you put your seat belt on placing your jacket on your lap as Joon slid into the driver’s seat.

"Ready?" He asked as you looked over at him as he the car and revved the engine as a small smile came to your face.

Pulling out of the parking lot, he turned and drove the car around the corners as he pressed on the gas to make the wind blow through your hair. A bigger smile grew on your face as the warm wind brushed over your skin and your hair blew from around your neck and tapped your skin lightly as it blew in the wind. Rounding around the twists and curves of the road, you gently lifted your hand from the door handle and slowly moved it outside the car as the warm summer night air brushed between your fingers. Moving your hand against the wind you let out a soft giggle as it caught his attention.

Joon looked at you as he saw your bright smile and your hand moving in the air as he smiled brightly and turned up the radio a little, slowing down the car from one beautiful view to the next, you happily took in the scenery as you began to let yourself come out of hiding from your shy cover a little as you began to sing with a popular song on the radio.

Hearing your soft, beautiful song, Joon turned it up and joined you as you looked at him with a smile as he smiled back at you as his hand extended past the door and felt the beautiful sensation of the air hitting against his hand. Resting your head on the head rest, you closed your eyes as you lifted both of your hands into the air as Joon just smiled as you couldn’t feel any happier.

The beautiful sun began to set slowly across the horizon as it began its descent while painting beautiful, vibrant colors into the sky as the car danced with the road as the sound of the engine was perfect with the music that was playing.

Once the sun had bowed and slid past the horizon, the lights in front of the car lit up the road ahead as you brought your hand back inside the car as you placed your jacket across your lap as you smiled at the wonderful day. Joon turned down the blasting radio as he looked over at you with a content smile on your face.

"I should probably take you home, or G.O will kill me if I don’t get you home before midnight." Joon reasoned as you laughed and agreed. Telling him where you lived, he began to drive to your house as you looked up at the calm dark sky as the bright moon gave off some light as the twinkling of the stars made it seem so peaceful.

Pulling in front of your hours, the porch light was on as Joon turned off his car and looked over at you.

"This was a really fun blind date. I had a ton of fun with you." He said softly as the little light twinkled in his eyes.

"I enjoyed it too." You smiled as Joon took in your beautiful face before opening his door and moving over to yours.

Getting out of your car, your jacket slipped from your grip as he bent down and grabbed it as he brushed it off and hung it around your shoulders as you smiled up at him, thanking him silently. Shutting his car door, you walked slowly to your front door as Joon was right behind you.

Standing in front of your door, you turned to face him as you played with your ring once again.

"Thank you for coming tonight, and for taking a chance on me." Joon said softly as you nodded.

"My pleasure, I had a lot of fun with you." Your heart was beating faster and faster as he smiled, watching him lean in, you turned your head gently as his soft lips pressed against your cheek as he slowly pulled away.

"Have a good night." He said as you punched in the code before waving to him and walking inside.

Joon waved back as you closed the door behind you and spun around on your porch as he beamed. Jumping off from the stairs, he was the happiest guy in the whole world as he sat in his car and started it up as he looked back at your house one last time before going home himself.

Watching him from your window, you couldn’t help but smile knowing that he was as happy as you were.

"Sweet dreams" You whispered into the night, turning off your lights as you wanted to relive the day and the time that you spent with him.