It IS delicious

Chicken, sweet chicken

Every time I smell chicken soup, I remember how I felt by the end of that day. That day was the very first time I tasted any kind of chicken. I hadn’t liked it before so it was a coincidence, actually. But I regret nothing. Seriously, chicken is amazing!

 

I was only 5, a youthful, little and clumsy boy. Well, I’m still a bit clumsy, anyway.

 

In the afternoon I was playing with my best friend, Minnie when umma called us to have lunch. I grabbed my friend’s wrist and rounded on my heels, right away. Unfortunately, in our rush I fell and he landed right on me. I didn’t hesitate to jump up then help him.

 

I ran straight into the bathroom, dragging Minnie after me to wash hands. Then we walked into the kitchen. Well, I have always loved eating. Maybe a bit too much...

 

Umma had already settled the table for us so we got seated next to each other; I won our little competition, because I was faster, earning a pout from Minnie.

 

The soup seemed so delicious yet its smell was a bit strange, I didn’t know why so I just started eating. It was very, very tasty, I can’t even describe. However, for my surprise umma laughed at my facial expression, then she told me was chicken soup, actually, and she thought I didn’t love it. Honestly, I just shrugged and continued eating, earning another laughter from umma and from Minnie too.

 

Since then chicken is my favourite meal.