Forbidden Traces [SNEAKPEEK]

Forbidden Traces [Pilot]

 

DISCLAIMER : I ONLY OWN THE STORY

 
 


 

 

“If I could choose,” The girl with long black hair broke the silence as she stared at the calm lake in front of them. “I wouldn’t choose to be born this way. I would never.”
 
The short haired girl who was sitting beside her turned to her. She didn’t say anything and just sat there, looking at her.
 
“But since it’s already written like this. My fate...” she let out a bitter smile. “So I accepted it.”
 
“No you don’t.”
 
The long haired girl turned to the other girl who was smirking at her. She raised a brow in confusion.  “Huh?”
 
“Your fate. You still don’t accept it.” She said then sighed. “Didn’t you just being sad over it?”
 
She pouted on her comment. “It’s just...” she trailed off causing the short haired girl chuckled as she came closer and embraced her.
 
“No matter what will happen.” She took a deep breath and kissed on her temple. “I won’t leave you...”
 
“You’ll leave me anyway...”
 
She withdrew her embrace and stared at the long haired girl. “You think I’m one of those people with bulls?” She asked, gently on her cheek. “It’s a promise. I am you... and you are me...”
 
She stared back at the short haired girl and placed a hand over hers. “You already promised. So you can’t take it back.”
 
The short haired girl chuckled and pinched on her cheek. “Why should I?” She then leaned closer to her face and capture her soft lips with hers.
 
 
 

 

-----

 

 

....Years ago

 

 

 
I lowered my gaze as I could feel the tension was getting stronger within the silence. In this wide council hall. We just heard a shocking news that was announced by one of the trustworthy messengers.
 
“It’s true...” that messenger spoke again, reassuring.
 
“That creature really got your daughter pregnant, Your Majesty.” One of the wizards in blue cloak spoke.
 
I looked around as I could see some of the council members were whispering to each others before I shifted back to our emperor who was really upset at the fact that his daughter had an affair with a forbidden creature.
 
“How come I never know this! How come!”
 
“Your Majesty, we all know those creatures excel at stealthing themselves. And as far as we know, Taeyeon made a lot of new records in the senior academy before, which most of us couldn’t reach that level. However, we could track its true identity since your daughter is now pregnant by its child. The smell is too strong for us not to recognize.” Another wizard with red cloak answered as he sniffed the air around before sneering. “Tch, Those disgusting smell how could we stand it?” He mocked. I silently cleared my throat, trying to calm myself from freezing that person to death. 
 
“Your Majesty, we have to be quick before it could take your daughter—”
 
“Prepare all the troops! Now!”
 
Without more command, all of us already dismissed from the hall and rushed outside the building and took our horses with us. I hopped on my white horse then looked upwards. The night sky was really dark right now. I could barely see the stars. Rain probably would be pouring soon.
 
“Eunjung-ah.”
 
I turned to my fellow council, Yuri, who was already sat on her black horse. Anxiety was clearly seen through her eyes, mirroring mine. I threw my gaze away, looking at the hundred soldiers around us before letting out a deep breath. “We can’t do anything...” I replied to her unspoken question.
 
I heard Yuri let out a long sigh as she chuckled to herself. “We are the betrayers...”  she said in very low tone but I still could hear it since our positions were very close to each other.
 
I looked ahead at the tall gate in front of us. “Yes...” I said as I tightly gripped on my sheathed sword on the right side of my waist. I poured all of my frustation in there as I didn’t pay any attention to the whole commands our captain giving to us. The only command from him that kept echoing in my head was...
 
“We are going to kill her!”
 
Me and Yuri instantly looked at each other at the same time. Obviously was thinking about the same thing.
 
Tonight, we were going to kill our friend.
 
 
 

 

-----

 
 
 
 
Chaos was indeed happening right now as all of us, these soldiers, were trying to handle only a woman which was in size, shorter than me. We were surrounding her, forming a circle while she was in the middle. We were commanded to kill her but seemed like none of us dare to even take a step closer to her.  That woman was my friend. A cheerful friend also the most genious student in our academy.
 
We were very good friend back then. But now here I was... doing this unfair thing to her. 
 
I watched how distracted she was as she swept her gaze around searching for certain person who was already dragged out far away from here.
 
“Tiffany...”
 
She called the same name again as her fangs suddenly showing up from behind her upper lip. I felt chill instantly went up to my spine as I watched on the scene that was playing in front of me. She was slowly turning in to something I never really saw in real life before. Dark green reptile scales was quickly eating on her human face as her pupil changed its color from black to bright purple. All of us quickly unsheathed our swords when she started roaring like a beast.
 
“GO AWAY!”
 
The ground under our feet started cracking. The wind blew rougher as now the creature in front of us continued hollering. I felt my tears rolling down my cheeks when I realized my friend was no longer my friend. I heard Eunjung sniffed beside me as she called out for her name.
 
Our dear friend.
 
“Taeyeon-ah...”
 
I took a deep breath when we heard our captain shouting a command.
 
 
“ATTACK!”

 

 

-----

 

 

It’s been nine months since the tragedy on that night. I still couldn’t forget how heartless I was at that time. Sometime, I wasted my time just for wondering how could that happened to us. All of us. How come everything was ended up like this. Those innocent days we spent together were the only great times that ever happened in our lives. The only times when we knew nothing but feeling we were the greatest among all the adults. 
 
I sighed as I grabbed on my quill and started drawing random sketch over an unused paper. Several weeks after that night, Yuri came up to me, telling me about her decision to leave this territory. Of course, endless arguments suddenly came out from our mouths. We yelled at each other. She was crazy. She decided to leave everything she had in here just for the woman she loved. So, that was really the power of love...
 
I kept making random sketches again and again as my thought went back to that night when Yuri was going to leave us behind.  
 
“Taeyeon is still alive, Eunjung...”
 
 I clenched my jaw as my hand started moving by itself. No longer being synchronized with my mind.
 
“She would probably back to us.”
 
I looked up in shock as someone slammed open my office door harshly.  
 
“Knock first, Wooram!” I immediately yelled at the short woman in green cloak. But seemingly she didn’t have a time to apologize when a surprising news was spilled from .
 
“Your wife is in labour!”
 
 

 

 

-----

 
 
 
 
“YURI!!!”
 
I immediately dropped all the herbs that I gathered when I heard her screaming on my name. I hurriedly rushed back in to the cave and found her leaning against the wall while clutching on her swollen belly.
 
“Tiffany!” I ran then kneeled beside her. Her face contorted in pain as she gritted her teeth. “Fany-ah, are you okay?”
 
She gripped on my arm as she turned to me with a weak smile on her face.
 
“Tiffany...”
 
“It’s coming out...” she whispered still smiling to me. “The baby...”
 
 
 

 

-----

 
 
 
 
“Push, Qri! Push!!!”
 
One of the healer yelled while I watched my wife was tossing around and loudly crying in pain, competing with mine. Yes, I was crying also, since she kept clawing on me, grabbing my hair, and hitting on me. It was ten times more painful than how she used to hit me.
 
“IT HURTS!” she cried as she dug her sharp nails in to my arm. I let out a silent scream. Damn it. I definitely wouldn’t plan for another child after this one.   
 
“Keep pushing, honey... Think about the baby..” I said, trying to be patient as I gently on her hair and kissed her forehead. “Think about the baby... our baby..”
 
“Omo! the head is already out, Qri-ah! Come on! Push!!! More push!”
 
I kissed her sweaty forehead once again while kept holding her close. “Come on, honey. Push..”
 
With a loud scream, she gave out one hard push.
 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

I still couldn’t believe what was happening as I stared at a tiny baby girl crying loudly in my hands. I involuntary let out a wide smile as I carefully cleaned her. Once I was done, I went back to Tiffany who was literally exhausted after going through the hard labour.
 
I came to her side then carefully handed the baby to her.  
 
“Look, she’s really pretty...” I mumbled as I couldn’t take my eyes off the infant. She was still crying aloud until Tiffany feed her. She suddenly went all silent and only focused ling the milk. I chuckled as I tapped my finger on her tubby cheek. “Aigoo, you must be really hungry, huh?”
 
 

 

 

-----

 
 
 
 
“Congratulations, Eunjung-ah! Qri-ah! it’s a healthy baby girl!”
 
I couldn’t pulled back my jaw from its dropping place as I saw the crying baby in the healer’s arms. My lord, She was really big for a normal baby! No wonder my wife almost died giving birth to this kid.
 
“Omo omo omo! She’s really heavy, omooo look how cute she is...” she said as she carefully gave the baby to me. I smiled widely at her who was now crying louder than ever. I chuckled and showered kisses all over her tiny face to calm her.
 
“Yah, she is hungry, bring her to her mother.” My sister in law, Boram, said.
 
I turned to my exhausted wife and carefully gave our baby to her. My smile grew wider as I watched her feeding the baby.
 
“Eunjung-ah, Do you have a name for her already?”
 
 

 

-----

 
 
 
“You have a name for her already?” I carefully asked.
 
She weakly nodded then went silent for a moment with her eyes still glued to now the sleeping baby in her arms. I saw tears started welling up her eyes. She faintly smiled as she on her baby’s cheek.
 
“Jiyeon...” she said then looked up at me. “Her name is Jiyeon.”
 
 

 

-----

 

 

 

I looked at my wife as she nodded at me with a smile. We already decided the name before, I just wanted to make sure. I turned to our relatives then back to our baby as my smile was hardly faded.
 
“Her name is Hwayoung.”
 
 

 

 

-----

 
 

5 years later...

 
 
 
Today was the same as days before. I walked down the forest to look for something to eat. But today was different since there was a little girl clinging on my back. This was the first time I brought Jiyeon along for this experience. Tiffany had never let her out more than 5 meters from our cave before.
 
“Whele ale we going now, auntie?” she asked as she rubbed her face on to my back.
 
“We are going to the lake.”
 
“Huh? Lake?” she sounded confused.
 
I chuckled. “Yes, Lake.”
 
“How is the lake look like?” she asked. Full of curiosity.
 
“It’s a beautiful place with a lot of water...” I replied and heard her gasping, probably imagining how the lake was. I chuckled again. “It’s really a nice place.”
 
Few talks between us was ended when we finally reached our destination. I yanked few leaves from our views and stepped out few bushes until we could see the lake clearly.
 
“We are here!” I cheered as I placed down my bucket then lowered down. She jumped off my back then immediately ran to the edge of the lake.
 
“Jiyeon-ah, don’t run,” I watched her squated down and dipping a hand in to the water. She giggled as she started playing with it. I smiled as I walked to her then crouched down beside her, watching her having fun by herself.  I put a hand on her tiny back as I started to wonder. What would happen in the future? Would she be alright? The fact that she was a half-blood often worried me in many ways.
 
“Yul auntie, look!” She enthusiastically pointed over the middle of the lake. Some fish just jumped off from the water, making a short show to us.  

“Wow! Look, aren’t they cool, Jiyeon-ah?” I cheered and clapped to make it more entertaining.
 
But instead of her laughter, I heard a familiar sound of sizzle coming out next to me. I instantly shivered as I turned to see her.
 
"...Jiyeon-ah?”
 

 

I froze at the sight.

 

I saw it again.

 

The thing I saw years ago was back now in front of me.
 

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah...” My mind suddenly went back to the scene on that night when we tortured our friend. The parent of this child. The one who passed that despicable gen to her. The one who caused this innocent child was exiled from the place where she should be.
 
Sound of loud growl snapped my mind back to reality as I realized Jiyeon was no longer in my sight. I felt my legs weakened when I saw her growing a scaly tail before rushing to the middle of the lake. I screamed my lungs out.
 
 
“NO! JIYEON-AH!”
 
 

 

-----

 

 

 
 
“Eunjung eomma, ale you thele?”
 
My office door was opened with a kid peering from outside. I looked up from my files and chuckled as she entered my private office room, cutely giggling.
 
“Eomma!”
 
I immediately got up from my seat and hugged her. “Aigoo! Our Hwayoungie, How was the academy?” Today was her first day in academy.
 
She raised her fist high. “It was fun! The Teachels ale lweally nice!”
 
I chuckled and kissed on her cheek. “Good... How were the friends?”
 
Her big eyes suddenly went wider before she gasped. I frowned. “What’s wrong? Any bad friends?”
 
"No." She shook her head. “Sungjongie told us a scaly stowly.”
 
“Scary story? What scary story?”
 
“He told us about the gleen dlagon.”
 
Green Dragon. I instantly tensed up at the mention of those words but maintained to calm myself. “What did he tell you?”
 
“He said his fathel evel joined the tloops to kill a gleen dlagon, and he said it was leally leally big and bwwust fiiiwle! And his fathel almost died!”
 
I went silent and just blankly looked at nowhere. It was obviously the story of that night.
 
When I became one of them.
 
“Eomma?”
 
“Y-Yes?”
 
“Is gleen dlagon leally scawwly?”
 
I hugged her again. “It’s not scary, sweety,” I withdrew my embrace and cupped her cheeks. “And you shouldn’t be scared of anything.”
 
 

 

-----

 


Years passed so fast. I realized my little daughter was no longer a kid. Here, I saw her laying down on the hay with her hands being cuffed because defending her choice. Her body got a lot of scar. She was really messed up, really miserable, which really hurt me as her parent.
 
 
“I love her.. please don’t hurt her... I beg you.. eomma.”
 
 
"Don't you realize what kind of creature she is!" I raged. It was really hard for me to accept it.
 
 
"I don't care! Didn't you tell me not to be scared of anything! I'm not scared of anything!" she cried.
 
 
Something hit me hard within. Was this a karma?
 
 

 

-----

 
 
 
 
“If she’s really back to us...” The young girl said. “Will she bring us along to a safe place?”
 
 
The woman who happened to be her mother just went silent. Not sure how she could answer it.
 
 
“Or would she kill all of us?”
 
 
“Jiyeon—”
 
 
“No matter what she intends to...” her daughter cut off then turned to her, smiling bitterly.  “I’m still the only one who could deal with her, right?”
 
 

 

-----

 

 

.... years ago

 

The young woman was seen sitting on the edge of her bed, looking down at the wooden floor under her bare feet. She let her long black hair tracing down her slim cheek until her shoulders. She worriedly bit her lower lip as she could hear the other woman was anxiously walking back and forth in front of her. It was just the two of them in her dimmed room. Like how they used to be everynight. But tonight was different from many nights they spent before.   
 
“No, this can’t be real...” the shorter woman finally spoke as she shook her head in denial. She turned to her with glazed eyes. “Tell me it’s not true, Fany...”
 
“It’s true, Tae.” Tiffany quckly answered as she looked up to see Taeyeon was staring straight at her in disbelief. It was the first time she saw her behaving this way. She put a hand on her flat belly as she hesitantly nodded her head. “I could feel it...” she let out a faint smile as she could feel something moving inside her stomach. “it’s a bit active..”
 
Taeyeon sat beside her. She carefully placed her own hand to Tiffany’s belly. She smiled as she felt something moved within. Tiffany gripped on Taeyeon’s hand as she leaned on to her shoulder.
 
“I’m really scared...” she whispered. “What should we do?”
 
Taeyeon sighed as she turned and gave Tiffany a gentle kiss on her forehead. “Get ready. We don’t have time...” she said as she stood up and walked to the corner of the room to take her black cloak.
 
Tiffany stood up and looked at her lover. “Where are you gonna bring us?”
 
Taeyeon stopped for a moment to think on what to answer. Honestly, she had no idea where they would be going.
 
“Far away from here...” Taeyeon forced a smile. “...We’ll be safe. Three of us.”

 

 


 

 

Did I just confuse you, dear readers? ._.

I told you this is not a genderbender. But how come some of them could get pregnant? xD You should read the whole story yeah! next year! lel Have a nice day, awesome pals!!! xD