Where I Loved You

Where the Sky Met the Sea

            It was on a dark, chilly night that Luhan fell in love with Sehun. He wasn’t entirely sure when Sehun began to feel the same, or if he ever did, for that matter, but the passed notes and the held hands told him another story, a story he was willing to buy. They were roasting marshmallows by the fire which was getting smaller with every movement of the clock’s hands and something about the flames illuminating Sehun’s sharp jaw and silky hair enraptured him.

            “Do you think there’s that place in the world? Where the sky meets the horizon... Something like that?” Sehun asked, resting his hands behind his head, staring up into space.

            Luhan grinned. Sehun always asks questions like those. He always wondered how his head worked, how his train of thought went about, did it go in straight lines or in curves? In parallel or perpendicular tracks?

            “If ever there was, I’d take you there,” Luhan said, fabricating promises broken before they even touched the ground.

            Sehun laughed and clapped his hands a bit, before settling down and looking Luhan in the eyes.

            “Why are you looking at me like that, hyung?”

            Luhan’s grin widened. “Like what?”

            “Like... I don’t know, like you’re going to eat me or something.”

            Luhan laughed loudly, the wind shushing him for being too loud at this time of night.

            I’m in love with you.

            Luhan held his tongue.

            I’m in love with you.

            He closed his eyes.

            “I just think you’re amusing,” he said, a twinkle in his eyes Sehun could never place.

            Where do unsaid words go when they die?

            Maybe that’s where he went.