Final

Of Jongin and the dark
 

Jongin hated the dark, if anyone wanted to ask. But he had forgotten what had made him hate the dark much. Maybe it was the boy in kingergaten who accidentally locked him in the painting room then left without notice, which made him have to stay there – in the dark – until almost midnight when his parents and his teacher went unlocking him. Maybe it was the  classmates in primary school who told him those scared-to-death stories in which ghost always appeared in the dark. Or maybe it was his friends in high school who hide all candles to light, then imitating a ghost to scare him in the night they went camping. Maybe it was all, or maby not. Jongin don’t know, but whatever the reason is, the only thing that can’t be changed was that he hated the dark. Very much. And if there was anything he hated more than the dark, it was being alone in the dark.

 

Like he was, at the moment.

 

Today was one of the rare days-off of EXO, so everyone had their own plan to enjoy these up-coming days. Yixing and Luhan returned to the oldest’s hometown since Yixing wanted to visit his soon-to-be parents-in-law (quoted exactly what he had said). Sehun and Yifan went shooping to reduce their stress after the album’s promoting. Zitao went with them. Chanyeol  left the house bright and early in the morning to go to some God-know-where places. And Jongin, since his family was going on a trip to South East Asian, his closet was already full of clothes which were gifts from fans and he didn’t have any secret place to go, decided to stay at home and enjoy this precious day in his own way.

 

When he said “his own way”, it only meant one thing: sleep.

 

He had slept since  8.00 yesterday’s evening, almost more than 12 hours until he woke up the first time at about half past eight to see Zitao waving goodbye to him. Then he returned to his bed, continuing his so-called most perfect dream in the world where he could eat every kind of fried chicken without afraid of getting fat. His wonderful journey lasted 2 more hours, before he woke up the second time to find something low-fat to eat. After that, he returned to bed, again, and slept till now, when he woke up the third time because of the sweat clinging to his skin. It made him uncomfortable, and Jongin slowly opened his eyes, and realised that it was completely dark around him.

 

It was definitely a power cut, Jongin came to a conclusion.

 

After his brain had absorbed the information about his situation, the first thing Jongin did is to find his cellphone. You know, when there’s no electricty, cell phones were always a good light source. But that time lucky didn’t stand by his side like usual, and it’s why his cellphone has run out of battery.

 

“What the is going on??!!”, Jongin mumbled. And replying him was the heavy silence of the dark surrounding him. Yeah, in front of him is totally a dark, Jongin realised. Like the painting room in kingergarten. Like the camp in high school. He started to feel something familiar run through his vein. Something that he once felt when he was much younger. He was afraid, not hated, but afraid. Afraid of the dark.

 

Of being alone.

 

Of being abandoned.

 

His heartbeat was getting faster when Jongin tried to catch his breath. He leaned to the wall with knees to the chest, hands gripping hard the blanket as the momeries from the childhood hauting him, again.

 

“I need you… Umma, Appa” he panted heavily “Chanyeol…”

 

*

 

“Jongin”

 

“Jongin…”

 

After an hour – or a day, a month, Jongin didn’t know, he heard someone’s accent. It’s so familiar, and smooth, and somehow made him feel safe. Extremely safe.

 

“Open your eyes..” It said “Don’t be afraid, Jongin. It’s me.”

 

He  slowly opened his eyes, like the accent had guided. Slowly. Too slowly.

 

Then he saw a fired candle. In a tall boy with a lot of teeth and a brown messy hair’s hand. The boy was looking at him with worried expression on his face – it’s too strange to a person like this boy, Jongin mentally noticed.

 

“Don’t be afraid. I’m here.” The boy said, gently pull him into a warm hug. “Your fire is here”

 

“I’m forever your Fire. So as long as I’m be with you, you’ll be safe, my beloved Jongin"

 

 

----

 

I know it's lame -_-