Fat Chickens and the Art of Attacking Floors

Complications

Wonhee POV

“Because you’re only new, you’re starting off from the bottom of the food chain, okay?”

Unbelievable. These people really don’t know my potential. Just you watch. I’ll destroy all of you for underestimating me when I finally get my life back together.

“What’s the lowest of the food chain?” Isn’t that algae and stuff?

“Chicken."

“What?”

“Here.” The manager handed me a feathery bird costume.

I suddenly had the urge to burn the so-called attire. It had a mask and everything. A ing mask. Are they trying to humiliate and suffocate me?

After destroying my manager, I shall annihilate the KFC chain for creating such absurd uniform and making their workers wear them. I’ll be saving millions of future lives.

Reluctantly, I put it on.

It reeked of chicken and sweat. Those two together are just… I can’t even breathe.

“And here are some coupons for you to pass out. You could dance and stuff if you want. As long as it attracts customers.”

Outside was worse.

 

This little boy walked up to me.

“Hah. Mom! Look! It’s a fat chicken!” He pointed at me, jumping with glee.

And I snapped.

I knelt down to his eye level.

“Look little guy. I. Am. Not. Fat.”

“Yes you are! There’s flab on your sides! And your thighs are all big!”

“Do you want to die?”

“N-no. I’m just saying… you’re a fat chicken.”

I need a Death Note. There are way to many people on my Need-to-Kill list.

“IT’S A COSTUME. Don’t go around calling people… fat. Someone’s bound to kick you and throw across Korea. And then you’ll be all alone and you’ll grow fat. Do you want that?”

“N-no. Omma! Where are you?”

With that, he ran towards his mother and never looked back. Good. I’m just great with kids aren’t I?



Onew POV

I closed the door behind me and walked towards the KFC around the corner.

Outside was a chicken. Talking to a little boy. You don’t see that everyday.

“IT’S A COSTUME. Don’t go around calling people… fat. Someone’s bound to kick you and throw across Korea. And then you’ll be all alone and you’ll grow fat. Do you want that?”

Is that… a girl voice I hear?

“N-no. Omma! Where are you?”

The little boy ran away. He’ll probably traumatized for life and call everyone skinny now.

I turned to face the chicken.

“You shouldn’t talk to kids like that.”

“He called me fat.”

“Because you are.”

“This is a fist. Would you like to meet it?”

“WONHEE WHAT ARE YOU DOING! TO OUR MOST VALUED CUSTOMER TOO!” Oh look. It’s the manager, here to save the day.

“It’s not what it looks like… he… he called me –“

“We were just having a nice chat.”

Ha. I would love to see the look on her face. Stupid mask was in the way. 

“Oh, really Onew? Well I can let that slide then. Good job Wonhee!”

And she walked back into the store.

“You’re lucky she came out or you’d be on the bloody floor right now.”

“This,” I gestured to me face, “is worth millions of dollars. If you destroy this… piece of art, my fans will murder you in your sleep.”

“Fans?” She scoffed. “You have fans? Well then I’ll just have to massacre those fans along with you.”

“Ha, I’d like to see you try. What are you going to do? Lay eggs on them?”

I smirked and tried to walk coolly and awesomely into the store, leaving the chicken behind.

Hah. What an epic fail.

I tripped. Like it was a serious Foot-Hit-Object-And-I-Am-Falling-To-The-Floor situation. So much for trying to be cool.

AND SHE LAUGHED. SHE LAUGHED.

It was beautiful and melodic but oh, so, EVIL.

From the floor, I looked up to see the bird clutching her fat stomach and laughing like a maniac. She was scaring bystanders.

I shot up and ordered my bucket of chicken and tried to be quick about it.

On my way out, I whispered in her feathered mask head ear thing.

“I didn’t fall. I attacked the floor.”

“Seriously. Thanks! That so made my day. Watching you… attack the floor was rather entertaining.”

“You know, if you keep up with those comments, I’ll make sure you’ll be the one attacking the floor.”

“Sounds like a threat. Don’t worry, I’m armed and ready.”

Oooh. Scary.

Again, I tried to walk away, wind in my face, looking pretty hot and amazing.

Again, I failed.

My mind was so preoccupied with trying to look like a cool assed motherer that I walked straight into a pole.

I heard her laugh in the background.