Prompts

[シクラメン] – A Writing Contest (Updated 140719) APPLY PLEASE/DEADLINE EXTENDED...

                                                   home    prompts    entries    judges    prizes    FAQ                                                

~ Prompts ~

You can mix up prompts too for all the different sections (that is quotes, movies, lyrics).

Quotes.

These are just meant to motivate you and inspire you. You should write what you perceive from the prompts and let your creativity run wild, but your stories do have to tie back to what was trying to be told with these quotes. Unless otherwise noted with an * because those prompts are meant to be what's stated, aka comedy/crack.

01. "Um, Hi. I'm ________ and I'm a addict." *

02. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

03. There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. 

04. Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.

05. I am not here to change the world. I am changing the world because I am here.

06. "They just fell head over heels for me because I am so hot." *

07. Every ten years you can get a new life, but you can only keep that life for ten years. 

08. An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break. 

09. I won't admit I am in love because if I do, I'll be tied down just to you... and that's scary. 

10. We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.

Movie Trailers.

You can watch just the trailer and write from their or both the trailer and synopsis. Remember I don't want the same as the film, but the theme/moral  the trailer/synopsis is showing. If it has * than those are graphic, meaning NC - 17 (for deaths, torture, ual themes, etc...) so watch those at your own risk.

11. Cube  -  trailer | synopsis *

12. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind  -  trailer | synopsis

13. The Pianist  -  trailer | synopsis 

14. Prometheus  -  trailer | synopsis

15. Funny Games  -  trailer | synopsis *

16. The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas  -  trailer | synopsis

17. 28 Days Later  -  trailer | synopsis

18. District 9  -  trailer | synopsis 

19. I Saw The Devil  -  trailer | synopsis *

20. Oldboy  -  trailer | synopsis *

Lyrics.

These are the same as quotes, write from inspirational and what you understand what the lyrics is trying to convey.

21. Memory by Younha Ft. Tablo

22. River of Brakelights by Julian Casablancas

23. XX by G-Dragon 

24. Y.O.U (Year of Us) by SHINee

25. Black by G-Dragon