Perfect Imperfections

All of Me

Please listen to this while reading. J http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=john%20legend%20all%20of%20me%20over&sm=3

Replay when finished. ^^


These days I’ve been feeling so lonely. So left out. Bae has been spending little time with me and those lonely nights were hard to get through. I feel so selfish that I’m thinking of things like this.

My phone rang. I received a text from him.

“Hey babe, I’ll be working late tonight. But let’s have dinner tonight. 8PM at your fave? J”

I smiled at the text. After years, his texts still cheer me up whether it’s one worded or more.

Everything about him, his scent, his touch, his voice.  Just everything. Is this what they call true love?

I replied him with an okay and a ♥. Sometimes I can’t help but wonder what he sees in someone like me. I’m not the prettiest, I’m not the skinniest. There’s nothing special about me. I’m not as perfect as his model friends. They could totally beat me any day.

He answered this thought many times. But I really can’t see the light with his answer. Why would someone as perfect as him love someone like me? I always thought that I don’t deserve his love.

“WAKE UP MOON!” A male voice startled me from my distracting thoughts.

I jumped a little in my seat.

“What were you thinking of? Wait don’t tell me. Get to work.” My boss said.

My boss is annoying. He always thinks he’s funny when he’s not. And a couple of times I caught him staring at my colleagues’ asses. ert. I continued typing on my computer and just ignoring everything including my thoughts and everybody’s presence.


Soon, 6 PM came and I’m off work. I power walked all the way to my car and quickly drove home. I want to look good for my beloved.

This traffic jam is so annoying. I checked the time on my mobile, 6.30 pm. Okay awesome I still have time. I calmed myself down and slowed my breathing. I reached home at around 7 PM.

I started panicking. I quickly opened the door and locked it. I stripped on the way to the bathroom, leaving a trail of clothes in my wake. I stepped in and quickly scrubbed my body clean. 10 minutes gone. I did my makeup and curled my hair. 20 minutes gone. Lastly, it’s time to dress up. I chose a white tube dress and black strappy heels. I ran out towards the door and almost tripped on my shirt.

I drove there and reached at about 8.05 PM. The restaurant is situated on a mountain. It overlooks the whole of Seoul. I parked my car and hurried into the restaurant. It was empty and he was in a suit looking so suave. I feel so shy all of a sudden. I blushed hard and looked down while occasionally stealing glances at him.

“Hey, You look so beautiful tonight.” He said softly while reaching out to my cheek.

“Hi~ You look handsome too.” I smiled shyly while turning away.

“Why are we talking like strangers?” he pulled me into his embrace.

I hugged him back and his warmth overpowered me along with his scent.

“You missed me huh?” He kissed the top of my head.

I nodded.

“Silly girl” He hugged me tighter.

We stayed like that for a few more moments.

“Wait. Why is the restaurant empty?” I pulled away.

“Cause it’s been so long since I last saw you and I really want to make it up to you.” He looked a little guilty.

“Thank you.” I smiled at him sweetly. I was kind of touched by his reply.

The whole restaurant was dimly lit by the candles on the tables. Rose petals strewn everywhere.

“Why are you such a romantic?” I looked deep into his eyes.

“Anything for you.”

It’s cute how I can still melt at his words. It’s a wonder that I wouldn’t trade for anything else in this world.

He led me to our table and started eating while drinking carbonated water. I can’t drink alcohol since I’m a lightweight.

He excused himself from the table and said that he had an important call to take. I sat there, playing with some rose petals.

A while later, a waiter came and said that Bae asked for me to go outdoors where they have a deck overlooking Seoul. This is the first time I saw the face of the waiter. I soon realized that it’s Ji Yong. And he wasn’t wearing a waiter outfit. He’s wearing a suit. I walked towards the glass door. On the way there, I saw big Seung Hyun, small Seung Hyun, Dae Sung and also Hyun Bae. I smiled at them and they each handed me a rose.

I went outside and saw Bae sitting by a white grand piano. He motioned for me to sit down by the bench. I did what he asked and he started playing an unfamiliar song. The sweet melody of violins and strings came in. I saw that an orchestra sat at the dimmer side of the deck. The deck rails were vined with twinkling lights. He started singing.

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh

How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh

Give me all of you
Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh

His voice as soft as the rose petals I played with. The melody of the piano and the orchestra touched my heart. The words of the song, depicted what I was feeling all along.

A soft breeze blew and tries to dry my overflowed tears. He walked slowly towards me while smiling. A few more steps and he’ll be in my embrace. He went down on one knee and pulled out a black leather bound box. He opened it and I saw a twinkling ring. It was perfectly detailed and the one I had always wanted from when I was little. The shape of the butterfly was shown with little diamonds.

“Will you marry me?”

Overcame with emotions I can’t comprehend, I broke into hysterical sobs while nodding.

He took me into his embrace and rubbed my back soothingly.

After a while, I calmed down. He took my left hand and slid the ring onto my ring finger.

“This is when I’m gonna start about how much I love you.” He gave me a small crooked smile.

I laugh a little while sniffling.

“I loved you since the day you accidentally bumped into me. I had many dreams of you before even meeting you but there was no face. From that day on, your face replaced the faceless girl in my dreams. You’re like the puzzle piece I’ve been searching for , to fill that empty hole. From then on, I couldn’t stop thinking of you. That’s why I persistently went after you. You never left my mind for even one second. You’re all I ever wanted. You’re cute,you’re y, you’re knowledgeable, you’re beautiful, you’re my one and only. And your eyes are wonderful, I could stare at them all day. Your smile is wonderful too, I could just get happy with that one little smile of yours. Your laugh is contagious and unlike anything I have ever heard. Your heart is so true and pure that I could never doubt you. There’s beauty in your touch. And your kiss is love. You’re everything that every guy dreams of. You’re everything that makes me fall in love. I love you. I love you. I love you.”

Tears flooded my eyes again. One by one they streaked down prettily like pearls. He hugged me and kissed them away. I looked deep into his eyes and said “I love you.”


Hey everyone. ^^ Bye everyone. I really have nothing to say lol.

<3

Follow me on Twitter @yooondal.

Don’t forget to comment. ^^