i

Come Back Home

(Ten Years Previous)

There’s a girl sitting on the ledge, swinging her feet mindlessly and gazing upon a flashy billboard. Virtual Paradise it reads, The Epitome of Heaven it follows. The girl scoffs and directs her sight to the rest of the scenery.  She breathes in the stifling air and thinks that although her city contains many undesirable qualities, this is still a place Luhan calls home.

An alarm sounds from within her quaint apartment and she swings her feet back up and then turns to run inside. The alarm signals 8:30 pm, the time when her father comes back from work. She happily skips to the “Work Room,” where her father lays seemingly sleep, a hologram floating right above his closed eyes displaying symbols and diagrams that are above and beyond Luhan’s understanding. 

She slowly bends down to place a light kiss on his cheek; something her father jokes about – how he needs a Princess’ kiss to wake him up from his deep slumber.  Luhan steps back and patiently waits for her father to come back to life – stirring slightly before opening one eye. Her father catches her gaze and smiles, then removes the headgear and placing it gently on the table beside the bed.

He extends his arms, which serves as an invitation for Luhan to run into.

“How’s my princess?” He asks softly, knowing very well how much Luhan disproves of his job.

“Hmph” The pout is evident on her face, “Why do you have to go to Virtual Paradise when I’m here on Earth?”

“Because I work there Luhan” He chides her gently. “And if you’re a good girl, you can too in the future.”

The man worries for his daughter – an Omega, a pretty one too if he does say so himself. Who, in three years time will become entangled in the world of Alphas. He worries because she’s headstrong and that goes against most of the desired traits of a good Omega. If only he could keep her to himself forever.

But he knows that the time will come when the system recognizes her as a citizen of Earth that is capable of being a mate. Capable of bearing children for an Alpha, an Alpha that will take her away from Earth and force her to live in Virtual Paradise.

With this thought he tightens his arms around her midsection, relishing the moment incase the opportunity doesn’t come up in the future.

 

(Elsewhere on Earth)

She’s running as fast as she can, pushing away bystanders who curse at her loudly.

. Tao thinks. Cursing at herself for underestimating the speed of a piece of metal.

“If you do not stop right now, you will face severe consequences,” The monotonous tone blurts. Mechanical limbs of the Robot creak loudly as it follows the perpetrator, with spectators stepping out of its path.

The girl makes a mistake by turning her head slightly to look back, revealing enough of her face for the Robot to identify her with. Her image is automatically run through a database to match her with a profile. Unsurprisingly, her profile corresponds to one on the Most Wanted List.

 

Huang Zitao

Unlawful negligence of Omega duties

: Female

Age: 17

Status: Mated Omega

Partner: Kris Wu

Location of Residence: Virtual Paradise

Reward:  The Wu Corporations is offering a reward of up to $200,000,000 for information leading directly to the whereabouts of Huang Zitao

 

(On Virtual Paradise)

She was temporarily paralyzed, locked in a gaze with the most shocking pair of onyx colored eyes. Eyes that showed no warmth and could provide no comfort. But yet here Kyungsoo is, in the humble abode of the one and only Alpha, Kim Jongin; in the only place she ironically calls home.