The kindness of strangers

Christmas Special-Leeteuk from Super Junior

 You had simply rotten luck, bah, screw the holidays. Nothing good had happened to you, just found yourself homeless in the freezing Seoul winter air. 
      
      So there you sat, on Christmas Eve night, cold and miserable as people passed you by, giving you piteous glances. Yet none of them said a word to you. 
      
      Well...that was until now.
      
      You tugged your heavy purple coat with the broken zipper closed, well as close to closed as you could and pulled the hood up. You just felt miserable and hungry, not wanting people to see you as you silently cried, having nobody to spend Christmas with, nobody who cared.
      
      With those melancholy thoughts in mind, you could feel the warmth of your tears spill down your cheeks, unable to contain your sadness any longer.
      
      Leeteuk didn't get any time alone, rarely anyway, and it took him till Christmas Eve to get the time to get away from his fellow Super Junior members and his manager so he could properly shop for them and his family. The great thing about this weather, cold and crisp winter air, was that he didn't look out of place all bundled up. Being who he is, there was no way the he could go out shopping freely like this without covering himself to be unrecognizable. Yet here he was, wearing a long black coat that buttoned down the front, a heavy scarf around his neck, a hat on his head and a black mask covering his mouth and nose due to a cold he'd gotten. His dark wash jeans and simple sneakers made him fit in just like everyone else.
      
      He was glad to be done shipping however, his mood soaring to the sky...well that was until he was lazily strolling to his car and saw...rather heard a girl quietly weeping. He stopped in mid step, directly in front of her but couldn't see her face due to her hood being up. 
      
      This tugged deeply at the leader’s kind heart. He hated to see people cry, always wanted to help them and cheer them up. Besides, it was too cold out here for her to be just sitting, she would surely catch a cold!
      
      "Are you alright, miss?" His hand gently sat on your shoulder, attempting to get you to look up. This startled you, abruptly jumping up and backing a few steps away from him. This made Leeteuk laugh, waving his hands frantically in order to display he meant you no harm. You, however, were immediately on guard, used to weird men approaching you. 
      
      "W-what do you want?" Your voice was thick with tears and shaky, and as you looked at the man, you realized that he didn't look or sound very creepy. You'd wait and see before you made any assumptions about him. Leeteuk bowed a few times, taking a slow step towards you. 
      
      "I just want to know why you're so lonely looking...out in the cold on Christmas Eve..."his voice trailed off as you relaxed a little, biting the inside of your cheek in nervousness.” I...live here...” You muttered. Leeteuk raised an eyebrow. "Here?" You nodded and made an arm movement to indicate the whole area.
      
      His dark brown hues looked around as he caught sight of a backpack on the bench you were sitting on. Ahhhh...he caught on, but immediately, his heart was aching. "You're homeless?" His eyes rested on your pink cheeks and nose, noting that you indeed had caught a cold. You just nodded sullenly, sneezing twice. A warm smile crossed his lips, not that you could see it very well because of the mask he wore.
      
      "You're sick...I can see you shivering. How about I take you for some coffee and a meal?" He then stepped right up to you, his eyes alight with kindness. You were mesmerized by this man, his caring attitude and that voice that you knew you recognized...
      
      "B-but I don't have any money!" You protested softly as you pulled your hood down. Leeteuk merely waved his hand dismissively with a laugh. "Don't worry, I can easily cover two meals and two coffees." You smiled gratefully at this. “I couldn't just..."
      
      "You deserve some kindness on this holiday season. Please, believe in this kindness of strangers, I don't intend to hurt you...but to put a smile on that pretty face." He winked a bit and offered his elbow in a gentlemanly fashion.
      
      Your cheeks glowed red with his words, not believing that such a thing existed any longer. You'd not been shown any kindness for so long, but something about this man just made you want to embrace the magical feel of this season. You gingerly linked your arm in his elbow, as he carried his shopping bags, the pair began to slowly walk.
      
      "I'll take you up on this...only if you tell me your name. I would feel strange if I didn't know your name." He sighed a little with a short little chuckle. "Promise you won't scream if I tell you."
      
      You nodded, intrigued by his answer. Who could he be? A kindhearted mobster? An actor in disguise? 
      
      "Have you ever heard of the band 'Super Junior'?" Immediately you nodded slowly, wondering what the hell that had to do with him. "Well yea, who hasn't?" You scoffed, placing a hand on your waist. He then pulled his face mask off and smiled, his signature dimples making an appearance, which made you gasp. "Leeteuk!" You could scarcely believe that a Kpop idol could be so angelic and caring to someone like you.
      
      He nodded. “Thanks for not screaming..."His eye smile is so...just...perfect. You blushed and stared up at him in wonder. "You're...I can't believe your being so kind...thank you..." You looked away as he began to walk again, you keeping up with his pace. His rich laugh nearly stole your breath. "How about you confide in me tonight? I'll help you with anything I can...just to see you smile." You nodded timidly, looking up to the dark star filled sky, a thankful smile crossing your features. This night taught you to believe in people once again, this lonely Christmas Eve night was not so lonely after all.